• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sales Presentation at Newport Beach

Vacation fun

Reaction score
So we own an enrolled week along with Marriott weeks.

I get very frustrated when we are lied to at presentations or are miss lead. We were told today because of Marriott buying II and Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton that we would miss out with the new merger. When in fact it was Marriott World Wide not Marriott Vacation Club that had made this purchase. We keep being told stay tuned.

Also we were told that Marriott pulled out in June all the inventory of Marriott’s as a resort of now owning II and you could not trade into Marriott anymore and a lot of owners were getting upset. I believe she told us this as we traded into the Marriott Newport Beach resort. She then tried to prove her point by showing us the II web sight with no Marriott’s in it and even showed us an II book with no Marriott’s in it. It later occurred to me that this is true ONLY is you ONLY own Destination Points ... as if you deposit Marriott’s Destination points into II yes you can not use your points into trading into a Marriott Resort. However it does not apply to Marriott’s week owners that deposit your weeks into II. She tried to make it sound that our Marriott’s weeks could not be able to trade anymore for Marriott’s ..
Wow what deception and trying to knowingly miss lead us using props such as this !!!
Disgusting !!!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not a new thing in timeshare presentations. I tend to just ignore them as I don't see any reason to get worked up and ruin my day. If I ignore them, the result is the same except my day is better.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not a new thing in timeshare presentations. I tend to just ignore them as I don't see any reason to get worked up and ruin my day. If I ignore them, the result is the same except my day is better.
The objective is to make it less painful for all and walk away with whatever the compensation for attending.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
There has been a notable decrease IMHO of online instant availability, but I’ve still completed what request first exchanges we wanted.

a few years ago I noted that it was getting more difficult to trade up from a studio to a one bedroom using instant exchanges. Largely a function of less instant exchange availability to make the upgrade. To that end we’ve stopped locking off our Ocean Pointe 3 bedroom unit and just use the entire thing, even if it’s just the two of us.

We’ve also been unable to get a Thursday to Thursday owner stay in December like we could before the DC. At one time flights were a little cheaper on Thursday and it was a little better for our work schedule. The last two years Thursday check ins wouldn’t have mattered as we’ve changed jobs and there’s been no significant difference in the prices of our flights, so that minor change has had little impact as we’ve started checking in on Friday.

there HAS been some changes, just not as severe as the salesmen like to tell you. But there will ALWAYS be changes. Timesharing has had many changes from when we first started in 1998. Over the years they’ve had a significant impact on how we manage our timeshare vacations, but none have been life changing or as scary as a salesman will tell you.

I like the lies. It makes it easier for me to walk away. It’s when I can have an educated and meaningful conversation with a salesman coupled with something I want that gets me into trouble.

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
There has been a notable decrease IMHO of online instant availability, but I’ve still completed what request first exchanges we wanted.

a few years ago I noted that it was getting more difficult to trade up from a studio to a one bedroom using instant exchanges. Largely a function of less instant exchange availability to make the upgrade. To that end we’ve stopped locking off our Ocean Pointe 3 bedroom unit and just use the entire thing, even if it’s just the two of us.

We’ve also been unable to get a Thursday to Thursday owner stay in December like we could before the DC. At one time flights were a little cheaper on Thursday and it was a little better for our work schedule. The last two years Thursday check ins wouldn’t have mattered as we’ve changed jobs and there’s been no significant difference in the prices of our flights, so that minor change has had little impact as we’ve started checking in on Friday.

there HAS been some changes, just not as severe as the salesmen like to tell you. But there will ALWAYS be changes. Timesharing has had many changes from when we first started in 1998. Over the years they’ve had a significant impact on how we manage our timeshare vacations, but none have been life changing or as scary as a salesman will tell you.

I like the lies. It makes it easier for me to walk away. It’s when I can have an educated and meaningful conversation with a salesman coupled with something I want that gets me into trouble.

As a former senior salesman at shadow ridge, who believed in honesty, we would have gotten along great!!! (Love your last paragraph!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wei339

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko olina
I will actually be there this weekend and they sent me an invitation for a presentation. Actually we attended a tour two years ago and the points compensation was 25,000. They have moved the points compensation up to 35,000 which is quite inviting but we will be declining. The two hours last time was just a little too much to endure. Some people enjoy these presentations but I find it easier just to use my Marriott credit cards and Marriott hotel stays to earn points.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I went to a presentation today at Timber Lodge. My sales rep was low key and I did not catch any lies. However, I want to verify if anyone else has heard about new MVC resorts being built. He said a new MVC was being built in Costa Rica in Los Suenos. I googled it and I found that MVC announced this in October so apparently it is true. He mentioned some other developments for Asia but I do not recall the details as well as MVC planning to expand the Pulse city locations. Everything else he said was stuff I already knew. He said MVC has not yet announced any plans to integrate Vistana and Hyatt and he did not know if it will happen. Has anyone else heard about expansion of MVC resorts and what is on the burners?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to a presentation today at Timber Lodge. My sales rep was low key and I did not catch any lies. However, I want to verify if anyone else has heard about new MVC resorts being built. He said a new MVC was being built in Costa Rica in Los Suenos. I googled it and I found that MVC announced this in October so apparently it is true. He mentioned some other developments for Asia but I do not recall the details as well as MVC planning to expand the Pulse city locations. Everything else he said was stuff I already knew. He said MVC has not yet announced any plans to integrate Vistana and Hyatt and he did not know if it will happen. Has anyone else heard about expansion of MVC resorts and what is on the burners?
The new resorts in Los Suenos in 2021 (only 24 units?) and Bali in 2020 (co-located with a new Renaissance hotel) were announced at a recent Investor Relations event.
Integration plans are unlikely to be detailed until well into 2020.

530487F0-2D4A-4F2C-8A77-B1E6E25BFDCC.jpeg