• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saratoga Springs

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I would grab that one bedroom in a heartbeat. Rhonda is correct. Those exchanges are a great value.

JohnB3

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
I will vote with Rhonda and rickandcindy. I’d grab one that works for you. I book the 1 bed thru rci when ever I see one that works for our dates. I generally use my DVC points to stay at ALK, BCV or AUL but we like SSR and I get an extra week in the bubble by booking SSR thru rci

blakefamily

Reaction score
So early February or late January is the decision now....we went late february this past year and wore shorts every day and swam.....We like to relax by the pool so thinking february may be warmer than January but really its a roll of the dice Thanks everyone :)

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems that RCI may also be playing favorites and "awarding" some corporate members "first pick" over other members. I'm getting this from reading the sightings board and other threads reporting different results offered through different portals. Once upon a time, my Worldmark was a "top trader" using RCI's B2B portal. Now, especially compared to @Shankilicious' results from the Welk B2B portal, the exchanges offered to Worldmark appear slightly restricted.

So ... I'm thinking RCI has set up a way to "favor" various developers allowing their members a broader set of trade options. We seem to have returned back to the smoke and mirror exchange ways that 2009 (?) class action suit was intended to dispel? Oh, well. What was old is new again.

https://www.theregistrycollection.com/signature_selection

Seems like they are saving the more popular units for that collection. That explains the 2BD matches not too long ago by a member who has access to the Regency collection through their Welk ownership. I believe certain Wyndham owners have access to that as well. I've noticed some Wyndham owners getting matches to Aulani with searches set up much later than searches I've set up in the past.

I'm perfectly fine with 1BD units at Saratoga. Much cheaper than using my DVC points. It would just be nice to know what game RCI is playing this week lol

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe certain Wyndham owners have access to that as well. I've noticed some Wyndham owners getting matches to Aulani with searches set up much later than searches I've set up in the past.
I don't think this was Registry; I am one of the people who reported such a match, and I have a resale-only Wyndham account that does not otherwise have access to Registry. Note that it has a few years since that match happened, and it hasn't happened since. I wouldn't put much ongoing stock in it.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Could preferred units cost more points than Standart units?
IMG_6578.JPG

Attached picture shows same size bedroom, same dates, with different point value. Is there an RCI points chart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think this was Registry; I am one of the people who reported such a match, and I have a resale-only Wyndham account that does not otherwise have access to Registry. Note that it has a few years since that match happened, and it hasn't happened since. I wouldn't put much ongoing stock in it.

I remember your match to Aulani but I'm not sure if you were the one with a later OGS start date. Do Wyndham VIP owners have access to the Registry collection? My point was just that some of the DVC inventory is going into the Registry collection. That is for certain. There is currently a 1Bd Boardwalk and some 2BD OKW inventory if you dig through the site a little. There is more at issue than just a supply/demand with deposits.
We went from numerous resorts and unit sizes to mostly SSR 1BD overnight after the contract renewal between DVC/RCI.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a later start date than at least one other person; I remember it explicitly. It may or may not have been you. I wrote that only to make clear that the Aulani situation (at least in my case) had nothing to do with Registry.

More broadly, I think it speaks to the difficulty of depending on exchange, even if you think you know the "rules". If someone really wanted to stay at DVC routinely, they really ought to buy there.

blakefamily

Reaction score
Just booked SSR 1bdrm Jan 24-31. Excited for a getaway just me and the hubby. Since this is my first time booking DVC thru RCI, how do I link the reservation to MDE

blakefamily

Reaction score
I was given the confirmation # Tuesday morning from RCI but it doesn't work when entering on MDE. I'll give it a few days and then call Disney if it still doesn't work

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I was given the confirmation # Tuesday morning from RCI but it doesn't work when entering on MDE. I'll give it a few days and then call Disney if it still doesn't work

RCI doesn't have the number you need; it's a Disney confirmation number that you can only get by calling DVC directly. DVC usually has the information by about a week after you confirm the exchange, though I believe they say it can take up to 10 days. You can then enter that number into MDE.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Historically they've gotten the info from RCI within a couple of days of exchange. Normally Tuesdays and Thursday unless it's changed. Call DVC MS and they should be able to give you the # and the view type.

blakefamily

Reaction score
Thank You ! I called this morning and got my reservation # and added to MDE. We are in a standard 1 bedroom :)

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Enjoy your trip. We will be there 2 weeks before you. I highly recommend their restaurant Turf Club. You should check it out.