• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

searching for a legit postcard company - what would convince you?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Sure, go ahead and get rid of the week, OP. :rofl: $699 is not a terrible price to pay.

Sumday is pretty reputable, so if they say that company is good, then pay 'em. I like Sumday.

The problem with us is we all know the product, and most of us love timeshare, with just a few exceptions. We also know the scams.

I don't think you ever said which resort? Maybe I missed it, but I remember asking.

Since he's not monitoring any longer here is his unit.
http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170624

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
John, thanks for posting that link. I remember the thread but not sure I put the two together in my head. This thread did go on and on. I am sure Timeshare Refuge will find a taker for it.

Most of the problem with any of us putting a timeshare on eBay is we have no history of selling. I have a huge history of buying, but not of selling, so no reputation to give the bidders a good feeling about me.

I have never sold anything on eBay, but I have purchased a lot of timeshares, and a lot of dishes and Disney stuff.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
John, thanks for posting that link. I remember the thread but not sure I put the two together in my head. This thread did go on and on. I am sure Timeshare Refuge will find a taker for it.

Most of the problem with any of us putting a timeshare on eBay is we have no history of selling. I have a huge history of buying, but not of selling, so no reputation to give the bidders a good feeling about me.

I have never sold anything on eBay, but I have purchased a lot of timeshares, and a lot of dishes and Disney stuff.

I'll bet you have a better reputation on eBay than Jon Comas does - that guy is a Nazi if ever there was one (whew - got Godwin's Law in just in time).

:D

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You mean there are timeshares out there that you can't give away for free? Well, blow me down with a feather! I'm sure this is just shocking news to most of you out there.

Not at all, Ace. :rofl: You crack me up.

I can get my hands on about 200 weeks at Twin Rivers I will be happy to contact my home resort about giving them away to any of you. Most are blue weeks, but some are ski and summer. Still cannot give even those away.

Then again, they aren't mine. I would put some ads out there, but I mentioned it many times to the management company when I was on the board, and they were not cooperative and never did it. What can one person do?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/12/g...nd now its crun ch time for timeshares&st=cse

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score

But what if Timeshare Refuge doesn't find a taker, then what?

That's what a lot of TUGGERS try to point out when someone comes on these boards asking about PCCs. We try to warn people of the potential consequences of dealing with said PCCs.

But everyone is free to heed or ignore such advice as he sees fit.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's what a lot of TUGGERS try to point out when someone comes on these boards asking about PCCs. We try to warn people of the potential consequences of dealing with said PCCs.

But everyone is free to heed or ignore such advice as he sees fit.

I don't see how you could be accused of contract fraud if you had no prior knowledge of them putting your TS in a 'Viking Ship'...If Timeshare Refuge doesn't advertise publicly or maks you sign a contract stating they will default on the MF's as part of the deal....Then you should have NOTHING to worry about...Heck, even if they DO advertise it publicly AND make you sign a contract stating that...The odds of you getting put up on charges or having to pay back MF's are lower then being struck by lightning

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

e.bram

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyPC View Post

They put it in a points portfolio like Festiva, Innseasons and other point trusts.(as long as they last). Since these points operations convert(gobble up) dog weeks for big bucks like the PCCs(prime owners sell use or rent)

Tell me, what is the difference?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyPC View Post

They put it in a points portfolio like Festiva, Innseasons and other point trusts.(as long as they last). Since these points operations convert(gobble up) dog weeks for big bucks like the PCCs(prime owners sell use or rent)

Tell me, what is the difference?

The Feastiva's, etc PAY the annual fees. That is a major difference. If they fail it is a true business failure not a plan to fail spelled out from the PPC birth. Big difference and potential for legal fallout.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are we there yet?

End of the line?

Train_20wreck_202_20vertical_20050215_small.jpg

e.bram

Reaction score
How does one dump points? Do PCCs handle that as well? What are the repercussions of bailing out of points?(not RCI type where you keep your deed)

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How does one dump points? Do PCCs handle that as well? What are the repercussions of bailing out of points?(not RCI type where you keep your deed)

Another big plus for points based systems is that most (not all) let you simply return it by failing to pay a years annual fees. Of course that assumes you've fully paid the purchase price (which you will not get back) but it makes it easy to walk away unscathed when you are done with it in most cases.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another big plus for points based systems is that most (not all) let you simply return it by failing to pay a years annual fees. Of course that assumes you've fully paid the purchase price (which you will not get back) but it makes it easy to walk away unscathed when you are done with it in most cases.

These would have to be 'pure' points memberships though right? How many resorts really deal with 'pure' points vs. Deeded ownerships with points based on that?

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John:
Points sounds like a PCC to me. Pay upfront and walk away!

One more time. The club/system doesn't "walk away". They pay the fees if their buyer leaves or not. They are the owner - the member just buys the right to use XX points until they give them up. A PCC plans on never paying a dime...

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
These would have to be 'pure' points memberships though right? How many resorts really deal with 'pure' points vs. Deeded ownerships with points based on that?

There are some like DRI and some permutations of Wyndham, VI, and others that use that approach.

e.bram

Reaction score
John:
I have been to PCC presentations. They never say they will abandom the TSes. The PCCs say they either rent or sell the TSes. ie. some time thys will say they have large corporate users(you bet) that rent them for conferences or sell them etc.
I have also gone to points presentaions. They say the points that you get from your dog units will get you prime time(you bet) anywhere(until the pointers find out differently). They get upset when asked for inventory.

Obviously both are lying and their business plans are bound for dissolution.

Again, practically speaking, what is the difference as far the dumper and HOA are concerned. At least the PCC don't lie to the dumper.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John:
I have been to PCC presentations. They never say they will abandom the TSes. The PCCs say they either rent or sell the TSes. ie. some time thys will say they have large corporate users(you bet) that rent them for conferences or sell them etc.
I have also gone to points presentaions. They say the points that you get from your dog units will get you prime time(you bet) anywhere(until the pointers find out differently). They get upset when asked for inventory.

Obviously both are lying and their business plans are bound for dissolution.

Again, practically speaking, what is the difference as far the dumper and HOA are concerned. At least the PCC don't lie to the dumper.

Checks for fees actually arriving on time & in full remain the biggest difference.

As for prime time I know you like to say it isn't available in points based systems but that simply isn't the case. Once the system gets a prime week or week into the fold it is as available as any other for the proper amount of points. Beats having zero chance of ever getting one if you are the unfortunate owner of a non-prime week at a fixed week only resort.

In over 15 years of points based membership we never failed to get a holiday / prime week we wanted in the three points systems we belonged to. It was never an issue. But trading our prime week into another prime week wasn't as easy or inexpensive. For that type of use we think points are superior in every way.

e.bram

Reaction score
John:
You sound like the point weasle. i don't anyone who converted their prime summer week at Surfside. I would like to know how points would let you get a 2 br oceanfront at Surfside(only 2 0f 40 units)in the summer(like I have). How many points would you need if nobody converted.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for prime time I know you like to say it isn't available in points based systems but that simply isn't the case. Once the system gets a prime week or week into the fold it is as available as any other for the proper amount of points. Beats having zero chance of ever getting one if you are the unfortunate owner of a non-prime week at a fixed week only resort.

In over 15 years of points based membership we never failed to get a holiday / prime week we wanted in the three points systems we belonged to. It was never an issue. But trading our prime week into another prime week wasn't as easy or inexpensive. For that type of use we think points are superior in every way.

To be fair, the Points sellers have to use the same *type* of manipulation of facts(also called bold faced lies) to get the prime members to switch to points as the PCC's have to use to get the Prime weeks to give them money to take their deeds....Also, they both have the Very high fees for little service

The difference as i see it is...One is reducing an owners longterm debt, while the other is Increasing an owners long term debt(most points systems cost a little more monthly then you fixed MF's)

I'm one of the remaining fixed week owners of a system that has gone towards mostly points(although those are points with an underlying deeded week) and don't plan on ever changing

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John:
You sound like the point weasle. i don't anyone who converted their prime summer week at Surfside. I would like to know how points would let you get a 2 br oceanfront at Surfside(only 2 0f 40 units)in the summer(like I have). How many points would you need if nobody converted.

Are any of those weeks listed as available in the points system? If so then they must have obtained one or more. If not then it isn't an option to reserve and won't show even as an option. Very straight forward and simple to understand. The points systems we belonged to always had whatever they said they could offer. Not a problem at any time during our ownership. Saying they are any type of scam or rip off is creating a false argument from our actually experience. We easily got the value we paid for and then some.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score

Back when eBay still worked to get decent prices and a virtual certain sale, my HOA went on with no history and had no problem getting bids.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
With a fixed week you know what you have, and I would take that any day over the crapshoot of points.

And I know not being able to get OBX summer was a huge source of discontent for those who were sold Peppertree/Equivest points on the OBX. When they started selling points, they had essentially sold out of most of their OBX inventory and almost all of the best weeks. They were not able to con many prime week owners into paying to ''convert''. I think every other resort's management heard the tale of woe from these points owners who had been sold on coming to the OBX for a timeshare week in summer but then found that there was no room in the inn using their points. Many ended up renting at other resorts, and some buying at them, fixed week, of course.

Checks for fees actually arriving on time & in full remain the biggest difference.