• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sedona for New Year's week

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
My SIL was asking my opinion on going to Sedona for New Year's. They do not plan to gt a timeshare there. They are not into big crowds and parties. They enjoying hiking, going out to dinner, and other low key activities. She read the average temp is about 50, and was wanting to know about going to the Grand Canyon. I said they could possibly encounter snow there. Opinions ?

ottawasquaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure! Why not? The hiking is lovely in the winter. Snow in Sedona is a treat. North of Sedona, Flag and the GC can be bitter cold but beautiful. A big snow storm at the higher elevation could limit travel. No reason not to go. There's plenty to do in Sedona, Cottonwood, Clarksdale & Jerome. Great time of year to visit Indian Ruins.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
One of the drawbacks to Sedona at peak season is the traffic, which can get pretty bad during the spring months when the snowbirds are visiting. Crowds won't be bad during New Year's Week, and the Red Rocks will be just as spectacular. If the weather turns bad during one of more days of their stay, the museums in the area are a nice side-venture until the sun comes out again.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We went last year for that week, it rained two days so we spent the day indoors at the gym and watching a movie. We are going this year for the week before xmas, we like it that time of year, not crowded and no hot sweaty hikes.

There was snow on top, up at the Flagstaff elevation but not down in Sedona.

Take the senior national parks pass, it works at most of hike areas parking lots. Even if they don’t have one its about $20 for a full week pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro