• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seeking million+ point contracts

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Any suggestions on the best way to find large, 1,000,000+ contracts for either CWA or low fee Wyndham resorts? I've looked on TUG marketplace and eBay and I see lots of small ones posted but I'm looking for a couple large ones without breaking the bank.
Thanks!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not check Marketplace to see if you placed a ad their. If not, maybe a good start. Maybe go with 300,000 plus contracts might be a better starting place.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What price point are you looking for? I've seen CWA in the $6,000-$7,000 range on ebay for a million plus.
There is currently a 2.6 million with a buy it now for $6848 all in.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't help but give a non - helpful remark from the peanut galley. As a small owner of Wyndham who has been reading the trials of resale point owners -- I just want to say I am surprised anyone would be entering the arena at this time.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can't help but give a non - helpful remark from the peanut galley. As a small owner of Wyndham who has been reading the trials of resale point owners -- I just want to say I am surprised anyone would be entering the arena at this time.
Thanks, I'm hoping there are some people hoping to exit for that reason.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is currently a 2.6 million with a buy it now for $6848 all in.
Thanks, on the surface that is a fine price point but after digging that one is not a good fit.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm a resale point owner and things have been basically fine. The transition to the new website has been a bit rocky for everyone, but as a resale owner I feel like I have much less invested in it and so I can roll with it a little more than if I were trying to maximize the benefits of a VIP account.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm a resale point owner and things have been basically fine. The transition to the new website has been a bit rocky for everyone, but as a resale owner I feel like I have much less invested in it and so I can roll with it a little more than if I were trying to maximize the benefits of a VIP account.

I had the question. I am a happy resale owner and have been for nearly 20 years (despite those on this list who claim that resale owners are not "real" owners). I just added a new contract after the May 2017 debacle. I think I have finally found my sweet spot number of points. Had a wonderful couple of weeks in Hawaii in May and looking forward to NYC and Orlando in 2018. Yes there are problems, rather severe for some people. But I don't see how resale owners are singled out. (Except not getting VIP yada yada. VIP benefits have never been worth it to me.) YMMV

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yeah - Not sure what the resale owners have been suffering with that is different than the developer purchasers have endured.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe i saw one posted today in the TUG marketplace, perhaps they read your thread!

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to talk my husband into getting another 600,000-1,000,000 points of CWA just so we can do what we use to do: stretch our points by getting discounts by using cancel/rebook method and For upgrades. Maybe in months to come we get pleasantly surprised and it will work, that is: Book inside of 60 days to get discounts. We don’t rent ours out - we just do a few months in Florida then try to take family and friends on a few vacations here and there the rest of the year

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I’m trying to talk my husband into getting another 600,000-1,000,000 points of CWA just so we can do what we use to do: stretch our points by getting discounts by using cancel/rebook method and For upgrades. Maybe in months to come we get pleasantly surprised and it will work, that is: Book inside of 60 days to get discounts. We don’t rent ours out - we just do a few months in Florida then try to take family and friends on a few vacations here and there the rest of the year

Unless you already have VIP status buying resale points won't get you to VIP nor increase your level of VIP status. Only points purchased directly from Wyndham will do that. I think you probably know that but I wanted to add this to make sure OP realize it.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Unless you already have VIP status buying resale points won't get you to VIP nor increase your level of VIP status. Only points purchased directly from Wyndham will do that. I think you probably know that but I wanted to add this to make sure OP realize it.
You are so right, Jan and paxsarah. Read my posts today on website and ocean walk.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It seems someone said fixed weeks were selling for more than points. If so, I would be interested to know.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, on the surface that is a fine price point but after digging that one is not a good fit.
What did you see, to turn you off.?
It seems someone said fixed weeks were selling for more than points. If so, I would be interested to know.

It would depend on the fixed week

For example a one bedroom week 9 at Avenue Plaza (Mardi Gras) has an mf of about $750 and Mardi Gras is guaranteed
It would take 140000 CWA points to make the same reservation and mf would be closer to $850..and although you will probably get your reservation, but its not guaranteed

So i would pay more for that week

Same thing for Feb weeks at the Pompano Beach resorts, July 4 at Myrtle beach.. Im sure that there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed week Pompano contracts in FEB are easy to rent. And no $99 guest certificate, no RT need, no HKs used, no OVERLAPPING points reservation rule and NO booking window. And if Sea Gardens messes up and puts their guest in YOUR UNIT .... you can make their life bad.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m fully aware that when you purchase resale said purchase does not increase my VIP status as the majority of my points are from the secondary market. My whole point is that the VIP status may prove to be worthless. I think Wyndham will be snatching inventory at the 60 day mark to use in Extra Holidays more frequently. I also believe they are overselling and we are getting crowded out of the resorts. I’m just very angry that they do not care about the owners It’s just business to them . Once they get their money out of us they could care less - very sad reality

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont know the ops motivation, but I can see several reasons one might want to build a sizable wyndham points account.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What did you see, to turn you off.?

It would depend on the fixed week

For example a one bedroom week 9 at Avenue Plaza (Mardi Gras) has an mf of about $750 and Mardi Gras is guaranteed
It would take 140000 CWA points to make the same reservation and mf would be closer to $850..and although you will probably get your reservation, but its not guaranteed

So i would pay more for that week

Same thing for Feb weeks at the Pompano Beach resorts, July 4 at Myrtle beach.. Im sure that there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind
The Fairway Forest week is The Friday before Thanksgiving since my sister had the 4 days at Thanksgiving off every year. It is a two bedroom. Sapphire Valley is a beautiful place near Highlands, NC great place to relax and enjoy the waterfalls.