• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling our Grandview timeshare

Noel Figueroa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Resort (Las Vegas)
Yes. I just don't quite know where to do it. It doesn't fit in the Marketplace, because they would be transferred to another RCI member rather than sold and they're points, not a t/s. We have a total of 117,660 points of which 11,660 expire at the end of March this year, leaving 98,000. We would be happy to transfer the points to you for RCI's processing fee of $98.00 USD ($136.00 Cdn). I assume you are an RCI member? Just making sure. :):) Thanks for your interest.:)
Hello si Im new to this. I do have RCI and currently have 49,000 points but I would like to have more. Where can I go to buy more points?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Noel,

It is against the terms of service agreement with RCI for another RCI member to sell their points. They can terminate your membership if they so choose if they catch you.

If you want more points look in market place for RCI Points resorts.

Since you already have a points account I saw a post today on here where a guy is giving away a 4bd Summitt at Massenutten contract annual fees are around $811 if I remember correctly. You can lock this off and deposit both sides into your points account for $39 per side and get 61,000 points per side or 122,000 total points. Not bad for just over $800 in MFs and $78 in PFD fees.

He was only asking for buyer to cover closing costs around $250. He has a Woodstone unit too. But it can only trade as weeks it can not be deposited for points.

Your next best way is to scour market place for a points contract with a MF/point cost you feel is a good value to you. Typically any the less than .01 per point not bad less than .008 is great.

Elize C.

Reaction score
Another question: Vacation Villages has agreed to a deed back for us for our Grandview Las Vegas time share for a reasonable cost. Now I'm wondering how to go about selling/transferring our RCI points. The membership transfer application we received from RCI says, "You should only complete this application if you have sold or purchased an RCI point property". What happens if it's a deed back? Or should I call RCI and ask them? Thanks again for any advice.

Hello BettyBoop. I have a couple questions for you. Were you able to complete the deed back to Vacation Village? How did you contact Vacation Village, did you call their headquarters? My husband would like to get rid of our timeshare with Las Vegas Grandview by either gifting it or deed back. I am so stressed about it. Any help will be much appreciated.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hello BettyBoop. I have a couple questions for you. Were you able to complete the deed back to Vacation Village? How did you contact Vacation Village, did you call their headquarters? My husband would like to get rid of our timeshare with Las Vegas Grandview by either gifting it or deed back. I am so stressed about it. Any help will be much appreciated.

Do you have a points week or just a fixed week? If it is a fixed week, which week is it and if it is points how many points do you get annually or biannually? One or two bedroom? There are people here on TUG who might be interested in what you have.

Elize C.

Reaction score
Do you have a points week or just a fixed week? If it is a fixed week, which week is it and if it is points how many points do you get annually or biannually? One or two bedroom? There are people here on TUG who might be interested in what you have.

Hi Jan,
We have a two bedroom. We have not used it for a while but I remember it was a fixed week (25th) and we had 98,000 (annually) points as well. We first would like to to know of the process so that we can consider our best option. We are not planning to make any money, but we don't want to have to pay a lot for the proceess either.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Hi Jan,
We have a two bedroom. We have not used it for a while but I remember it was a fixed week (25th) and we had 98,000 (annually) points as well. We first would like to to know of the process so that we can consider our best option. We are not planning to make any money, but we don't want to have to pay a lot for the proceess either.

If someone wants it you could ask them to pay the all fees and costs. 98,000 point weeks are desirable and if you have two years points available you could ask for a little more than just them paying all the fees and costs.

LT Transfers will charge around $211 and the resort transfer fee is $250. I believe the resort gets $100 for an estoppel letter. However if you log into your account and take a screenshot of the opening page that shows how many points you currently have. Then log into your Daily Resort Management account, open the contract take a screenshot of that page which will show your names and the contract number. Open the contract and click on history at the bottom. When it opens up take another screenshot. It will show that you have paid your maintenance fees up to date. That is basically what the estoppel letter will show. Grandview hasn't had any special assessments so that isn't a concern. I believe LT Transfers can also determine that there are liens or loans. When you are selling or transferring something there is a paper you sign that says they can make inquiries about the deed. These are questions you can ask them. Their number is 706-219-2709

If you aren't going to be keeping your RCI account, it can be transferred to someone else. That could save them some money and if you have paid your membership dues for any future years that can also transfer to the new owner. If you want to keep it then you can just transfer the points. You go to the RCI site, print off and fill out the MTA, membership Transfer Application either way. If the person taking this already has an RCI points account it will cost them $98 and if they don't they will have to set up a new RCI account and the fee will be $224 but that includes the first year membership fee.

Once you know how many points are available go ahead and put something in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum. If you have more than one use years points available and there are several months left before the oldest points expire then ask whatever you are comfortable will. $100-$400 plus all costs and fees.

98,000 point week at Grandview Las Vegas
week 25
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
xxx points available
2018 maintenance fees of $803 paid
2019 maintenance fees to be determined, will be due by 1/1/19 and paid by buyer
Buyer to pay all fees and costs.
LT Transfers: approximately $215
Resort Transfer Fee: $250
Estoppel letter if requested: $100
RCI: $98 if a current points owner, $224 if a new account (includes first year membership fee)

Last edited:

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi there Jan,
We have the same issue that Betty Boop and Elize C that you have replied to. Ours is similiar to both as we are from Canada too. The cost of flights from Calgary to Vegas is just getting stupid expensive for a quick three hr trip and unfortunately we are unable to use our timeshare like we have in the past. I just joined this forum and came across this site from FB RCI owners group. I was hoping you can clarify that I could be looking at the same procedure to possibly deed back to Grandview/Vacation Village or sell to TUG member for cost of fees. Any suggestions/guidance is greatly appreciated. Our unit is paid in full as well.

week 51
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
98000 points available per year
2019 maintenance fees $865.00
2020 maintenance fees to be determined by 1/1/20 and paid by buyer

upload_2019-9-13_15-53-34.png

If someone wants it you could ask them to pay the all fees and costs. 98,000 point weeks are desirable and if you have two years points available you could ask for a little more than just them paying all the fees and costs.

LT Transfers will charge around $211 and the resort transfer fee is $250. I believe the resort gets $100 for an estoppel letter. However if you log into your account and take a screenshot of the opening page that shows how many points you currently have. Then log into your Daily Resort Management account, open the contract take a screenshot of that page which will show your names and the contract number. Open the contract and click on history at the bottom. When it opens up take another screenshot. It will show that you have paid your maintenance fees up to date. That is basically what the estoppel letter will show. Grandview hasn't had any special assessments so that isn't a concern. I believe LT Transfers can also determine that there are liens or loans. When you are selling or transferring something there is a paper you sign that says they can make inquiries about the deed. These are questions you can ask them. Their number is 706-219-2709

If you aren't going to be keeping your RCI account, it can be transferred to someone else. That could save them some money and if you have paid your membership dues for any future years that can also transfer to the new owner. If you want to keep it then you can just transfer the points. You go to the RCI site, print off and fill out the MTA, membership Transfer Application either way. If the person taking this already has an RCI points account it will cost them $98 and if they don't they will have to set up a new RCI account and the fee will be $224 but that includes the first year membership fee.

Once you know how many points are available go ahead and put something in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum. If you have more than one use years points available and there are several months left before the oldest points expire then ask whatever you are comfortable will. $100-$400 plus all costs and fees.

week 25
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
xxx points available
RCI: $98 if a current points owner, $224 if a new account (includes first year membership fee)

week 25
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
xxx points available

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Hi there Jan,
We have the same issue that Betty Boop and Elize C that you have replied to. Ours is similiar to both as we are from Canada too. The cost of flights from Calgary to Vegas is just getting stupid expensive for a quick three hr trip and unfortunately we are unable to use our timeshare like we have in the past. I just joined this forum and came across this site from FB RCI owners group. I was hoping you can clarify that I could be looking at the same procedure to possibly deed back to Grandview/Vacation Village or sell to TUG member for cost of fees. Any suggestions/guidance is greatly appreciated. Our unit is paid in full as well.

week 51
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
98000 points available per year
2019 maintenance fees $865.00
2020 maintenance fees to be determined by 1/1/20 and paid by buyer

View attachment 14033

Do you know that you can use your points to go anywhere RCI has resorts, not just Vegas? There are resorts in Canada and so many places in the US that likely have cheaper flights. We've only ever stayed at Grandview once in the 7 years we've owned there and that was last year. And we didn't use a week we own but instead used our points to book the discounted point stay we wanted. I used 29,800 points and paid a $278 exchange fee to book a 17 night stay. At many resorts it is difficult to book stays longer than a week in one reservation but at the Vacation Village family of properties you can quite easily. The current exchange fee for just a week is $239 USD and for longer stays booked in one reservation it is now up to $288 USD I believe.

If all you are doing is going to Vegas and maybe just for your week, you aren't using what you own to it's full potential. That is true of a lot of people and I was one of them the first two years we owned our other timeshare in RCI. When I couldn't extend the points for another year and was in a use or lose the points situation I finally buckled down and forced myself to learn more about our RCI points. Once I did we found so many places to go that I bought our first Grandview week so we would have more points.

You can list under in the Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares forum if all you want is someone to pay the fees to take it off your hands. It is the top one listed on the main page. If you don't have your deed you will need a copy of it and should get it now. LT Transfers can get it for you but you can save yourself some money buy going to the Clark County, Nevada website to request a copy of your deed. Fill in your use year dates then copy and paste the following to list your week. I corrected the maintenance fee figure for 2019. Did you use your points from 2019 or are they still available? That is something else you will have to fill in.

If you have no interest in keeping your points account you can actually transfer the account to the person who takes your week if they don't already have an RCI points account. It will save them some money if they don't have to pay the $222 for a new account and just have to pay the $98 it will cost to transfer the account and your week.

week 51
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
98,000 points available for 2019? or not until 2020?
2019 maintenance fees of $835 paid.
2020 maintenance fees to be determined, will be due by 1/1/20 and paid by buyer
RCI: $98 if a current points owner, $222 if a new account (includes first year membership fee)

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi Jan, thank you for replying. :)

We purchased our Grandview unit by developer (god we were naive $$:(:() back in 2010 with the intention to use it as our base for our family but we really have enjoyed going to Vegas yearly too, our WK 51 is between Xmas and New Years and flights are too expensive then to use it. We have been able to use our points over the yrs and travel to Hawaii, Nashville, Fort Lauderdale, Vancouver Island, Canary Islands and California a couple times. The problem we are finding is the RCI exchange units availability are hard to find unless you book so far ahead, then you have to have MF's, etc paid into the next yr as well. Exchange fees, guest cert's with RCI are climbing in price due to the US/Cdn $ and the flights out of Canada to US are crazy. We like to get down to the NHRA races in Spring and Fall but the flights are $600+ for a week from Calgary to Vegas right now and doesn't seem to be getting better for a quick 3 hr trip. We originally were told that we could use the All Inclusive's but of course you realize real quick that doesn't include meals and still need to get to your destination, finding better to book AI's on travel sites outside of RCI.

We are getting close to retire in the next few yrs and hoping to get more travel in but it's a struggle for me to decide to keep paying the MF's, RCI fees or let it go. We only used it once this year and that was for my son & his wife for their honeymoon in the Canary Islands last month. Also, I did reach out to Betty Boop52 and hoping I get a reply from her as to how things went, and we do have a copy of our deed so if I proceed with letting the unit go. Quick question what is the Estoppel letter?

Thank you so much for your input, it's very much appreciated. :)

Do you know that you can use your points to go anywhere RCI has resorts, not just Vegas? There are resorts in Canada and so many places in the US that likely have cheaper flights. We've only ever stayed at Grandview once in the 7 years we've owned there and that was last year. And we didn't use a week we own but instead used our points to book the discounted point stay we wanted. I used 29,800 points and paid a $278 exchange fee to book a 17 night stay. At many resorts it is difficult to book stays longer than a week in one reservation but at the Vacation Village family of properties you can quite easily. The current exchange fee for just a week is $239 USD and for longer stays booked in one reservation it is now up to $288 USD I believe.

If all you are doing is going to Vegas and maybe just for your week, you aren't using what you own to it's full potential. That is true of a lot of people and I was one of them the first two years we owned our other timeshare in RCI. When I couldn't extend the points for another year and was in a use or lose the points situation I finally buckled down and forced myself to learn more about our RCI points. Once I did we found so many places to go that I bought our first Grandview week so we would have more points.

You can list under in the Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling & Renting Timeshares forum if all you want is someone to pay the fees to take it off your hands. It is the top one listed on the main page. If you don't have your deed you will need a copy of it and should get it now. LT Transfers can get it for you but you can save yourself some money buy going to the Clark County, Nevada website to request a copy of your deed. Fill in your use year dates then copy and paste the following to list your week. I corrected the maintenance fee figure for 2019. Did you use your points from 2019 or are they still available? That is something else you will have to fill in.

If you have no interest in keeping your points account you can actually transfer the account to the person who takes your week if they don't already have an RCI points account. It will save them some money if they don't have to pay the $222 for a new account and just have to pay the $98 it will cost to transfer the account and your week.

week 51
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates
RCI: $98 if a current points owner, $222 if a new account (includes first year membership fee)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Exchange fees, guest cert's with RCI are climbing in price due to the US/Cdn $ and the flights out of Canada to US are crazy. We like to get down to the NHRA races in Spring and Fall but the flights are $600+ for a week from Calgary to Vegas right now and doesn't seem to be getting better for a quick 3 hr trip.

If you will go down at least twice a year you should take a look at a Southwestern Flight Pass from Air Canada. The Flex fare gives you four round trip flights for up to two people with a total of $2142 or around $535 per round trip ticket (this includes all taxes and surcharges). Since it is the Flex fare you also get your first bag and advance seat selection for free. You can book pretty much any day you want as long as there are economy tickets being sold (I just checked and there is lots of availability around Christmas from YYC.)

I usually get the latitude which is an extra $800 more for the same number of flights; however, with that one you can get a free upgrade to business class (or Premium Rouge) and can also change flights with no penalty or change fees.

You do have to use these within one year of them being issued; however, they can be extended if needed for an additional fee.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi Jabberwocky, thank you :) I have Westjet too which gives me a buddy pass just pay for taxes, its a shame to have to use it on Vegas for just a short trip but I will look into the Southwestern Flight Pass.

Thanks again :)

If you will go down at least twice a year you should take a look at a Southwestern Flight Pass from Air Canada. The Flex fare gives you four round trip flights for up to two people with a total of $2142 or around $535 per round trip ticket (this includes all taxes and surcharges). Since it is the Flex fare you also get your first bag and advance seat selection for free. You can book pretty much any day you want as long as there are economy tickets being sold (I just checked and there is lots of availability around Christmas from YYC.)

I usually get the latitude which is an extra $800 more for the same number of flights; however, with that one you can get a free upgrade to business class (or Premium Rouge) and can also change flights with no penalty or change fees.

You do have to use these within one year of them being issued; however, they can be extended if needed for an additional fee.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Jabberwocky, thank you :) I have Westjet too which gives me a buddy pass just pay for taxes, its a shame to have to use it on Vegas for just a short trip but I will look into the Southwestern Flight Pass.

Thanks again :)

I like the companion passes as well but agree that they aren't a good use for Vegas. I prefer to use mine for Hawaii as we'll usually upgrade to the Plus fare which makes the companion fare a really good deal. Unfortunately, any time you cross the border you'll pay the ever increasing taxes which our friends south of the border have been piling on (just $78.57 just for US taxes alone - not including airport facility or Canada taxes).

The other thing I forgot to mention with the Southwest passes are that they are good for nearly everywhere in the Southwest US that AC flies so you can easily do open-jaw flights (for example, fly into Vegas and return from LAX or PHX) without having to worry about any fare differential that might be charged.

Have you looked at Swoop? I haven't flown with them but I did see a round-trip Vegas fare for $349 CDN. Of course then you also pay for everything else like bags, carry-on, seat-selection which can end up being right around the same price.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
I will look at that as well. Thanks for the great tips :)

I like the companion passes as well but agree that they aren't a good use for Vegas. I prefer to use mine for Hawaii as we'll usually upgrade to the Plus fare which makes the companion fare a really good deal. Unfortunately, any time you cross the border you'll pay the ever increasing taxes which our friends south of the border have been piling on (just $78.57 just for US taxes alone - not including airport facility or Canada taxes).

The other thing I forgot to mention with the Southwest passes are that they are good for nearly everywhere in the Southwest US that AC flies so you can easily do open-jaw flights (for example, fly into Vegas and return from LAX or PHX) without having to worry about any fare differential that might be charged.

Have you looked at Swoop? I haven't flown with them but I did see a round-trip Vegas fare for $349 CDN. Of course then you also pay for everything else like bags, carry-on, seat-selection which can end up being right around the same price.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi Jan, throwing around letting our unit go again. You had mentioned a Estoppel letter, what is that? Also, at the time I had posted this in Sept I had put the ad on Grandview forum and had a handful of people that wanted to take it off my hands. I have a copy of the deed. I was hoping to reach out to BettyBoop52 and see how she was able to deed it back to Vacation Villages - I'm thinking it was a bit cheaper but a smoother transition.

Thx
Connie

week 51
2 bedroom lock off unit
use year dates

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Hi Jan, throwing around letting our unit go again. You had mentioned a Estoppel letter, what is that? Also, at the time I had posted this in Sept I had put the ad on Grandview forum and had a handful of people that wanted to take it off my hands. I have a copy of the deed. I was hoping to reach out to BettyBoop52 and see how she was able to deed it back to Vacation Villages - I'm thinking it was a bit cheaper but a smoother transition.

Thx
Connie

An estoppel letter says that you own the week, if it is a points week it should also say that, that the maintenance fees are up to date and that there are no upcoming or unpaid special assessments. But you can also take screenshots of your Daily Management account and will that show what you own and that the maintenance fees have been paid. There haven't been any special assessments at Grandview. There is a cost to get an estoppel letter so taking the screenshots serves the same purpose and saves you some money.

What you posted a while ago shows points saved from your previous use year. If that is still the correct point balance I'm surprised no one has taken it. You can always offer to pay one of the costs or split them.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
An estoppel letter says that you own the week, if it is a points week it should also say that, that the maintenance fees are up to date and that there are no upcoming or unpaid special assessments. But you can also take screenshots of your Daily Management account and will that show what you own and that the maintenance fees have been paid. There haven't been any special assessments at Grandview. There is a cost to get an estoppel letter so taking the screenshots serves the same purpose and saves you some money.

What you posted a while ago shows points saved from your previous use year. If that is still the correct point balance I'm surprised no one has taken it. You can always offer to pay one of the costs or split them.

We had decided to keep it till the new year but my hubby was laid off and we have think now it's best to let it go. Nothing has changed in the points balance other than the upcoming 2020 maintenance fees yet to arrive. I was hoping to hear back from BettyBoop52 to see what it cost for deeding back but haven't heard anything.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to hear this. Economy in Alberta definitely is in rough shape right now. Hopefully you'll be able to unload and regroup.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
We had decided to keep it till the new year but my hubby was laid off and we have think now it's best to let it go. Nothing has changed in the points balance other than the upcoming 2020 maintenance fees yet to arrive. I was hoping to hear back from BettyBoop52 to see what it cost for deeding back but haven't heard anything.
Sorry to hear this. Economy in Alberta definitely is in rough shape right now. Hopefully you'll be able to unload and regroup.

Thank you, things need to change quickly here.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last year I paid $500. to deed back my Grandview ownership. My MF were current.

calgarygirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Last year I paid $500. to deed back my Grandview ownership. My MF were current.
Hi there, did you just contact Vacation village? Certain dept? Thank you for any info you can provide.