• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Sheraton Vistana [FlexOption Group] for free!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort at lake buena vista
Me and my husband don't have chance to use the ownership and decided to sell our one bedroom membership in SHERATON Vistana Resort at lake buena vista for free by end of 2017, anyone with real interest please contact me asap!
-resort name: Sheraton Vistana Resort/sheraton flex vacations
-unit size: one bedroom or 51,700 VOI ownership points
-maintenance fee: $788 VOI assessment fee plus $140 annual membership fee, so that's about $928 total each year. We paid the maintenance fee for 2017, anyone takes over will need to take over the maintenance fee going forward starting 2018
-current reservations: we haven't used it for 2017, so anyone buys it asap might be able to use it for 2017 for the holiday season

We can pay for the title transfer and other closing cost, so all you need to do is cooperating in title transfer and get to enjoy the vacations!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
where are you deeded?
We bought in Orlando Florida and the property is closed to Orlando Disney, I would assume is in Florida. Are you interested to buy?

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
yes but I need to know what phase in the resort you are deeded at.. and are you at Vistana Villages or the Vistana Resort... both are close to each other.. let me know

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes but I need to know what phase in the resort you are deeded at.. and are you at Vistana Villages or the Vistana Resort... both are close to each other.. let me know

I looked at the contract closely, it says the property location is : Flex vacation ownership plan, address (9002 San Marco court, Orlando, Florida 32819), we own 51700 points, and there is a system for you to book hotel rooms in different locations.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

See attached the picture, it shows all the choices you can book from their website every year using the 51700 ownership points

Attachments

• IMG_9262.JPG
    IMG_9262.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 170

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
yes, the problem is the star options do not transfer when you do a resale. Also the gold SPG does not carry either.. you lose a lot when it is transferred. Some phases keep a few benefits. .. also "9002 San Marco court" is the cooperate office of Vistana... not where the resort is.. I am VERY familiar with Vistana .. I own it.. But you need to find out the following...
1. What Resort you are deeded at in Vistana, Villages or the Resort
2. What phase inside of the resort you are deeded at...

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes, the problem is the star options do not transfer when you do a resale. Also the gold SPG does not carry either.. you lose a lot when it is transferred. Some phases keep a few benefits. .. also "9002 San Marco court" is the cooperate office of Vistana... not where the resort is.. I am VERY familiar with Vistana .. I own it.. But you need to find out the following...
1. What Resort you are deeded at in Vistana, Villages or the Resort
2. What phase inside of the resort you are deeded at...

Where in the document can we look into? We purchased is December 2016, maybe it becomes ownership points after?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This seems to be part of the Sheraton Flex product. It is not deeded at any specific resort, but is rather part of a trust. See the Flex Options sticky in the Vistana forum.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like you bought Sheraton Flex Options. Is it fully paid off? For those who are not familiar, Sheraton Flex Options may be used at Sheraton Vistana Resort, Shearton Vistana Village, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Sheraton Deserrt Oasis, Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas and Vistana Beach Club.

The Star Option and Starpoints components do not transfer on resale.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
no Resales do not give options .. only a few resorts are mandatory ... is it completely paid off? You can login to you your ownership of vistana.com and find the tab that says what i own

You are on flex so it will just give you ability to book in the 6 home resorts... not the entire network

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no Resales do not give options .. only a few resorts are mandatory ... is it completely paid off? You can login to you your ownership of vistana.com and find the tab that says what i own

You are on flex so it will just give you ability to book in the 6 home resorts... not the entire network

Yes, it's paid off already...see attached what I found out on "what I own". On the website, I actually can book on more 6 resorts including some westin ones and Bahamas Atlantis. So if resale I can't transfer points, then what I am selling? Or what the buyer is buying? I am confused.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it's paid off already...see attached what I found out on "what I own". On the website, I actually can book on more 6 resorts including some westin ones and Bahamas Atlantis. So if resale I can't transfer points, then what I am selling? Or what the buyer is buying? I am confused.

Forgot to attach this

Attachments

• IMG_9264.jpg
    IMG_9264.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 199
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

See what I can book online attached

Attachments

• IMG_9265.PNG
    IMG_9265.PNG
    182.8 KB · Views: 211

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The buyer would be getting 51,700 Flex Options that could be used to book at any of the Flex properties.

1. Sheraton Vistana Resort (FL-Orlando)
  2. Sheraton Vistana Villages (FL-Orlando)
  3. Vistana's Beach Club (FL-Jensen Beach)
  4. Sheraton Desert Oasis (AZ-Scottsdale)
  5. Sheraton Broadway Plantation (SC-Myrtle Beach)
  6. Sheraton Steamboat Springs (CO-Steamboat Springs)
Because these Flex Options are voluntary, a resale buyer won't be able to use them to book at any other property in the Vistana network. The only way to book another Vistana property is to deposit the options in to Interval International and try for an exchange in to another property.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
yes I understand... but what you are not understanding is that when ownership is transferred or sold .. it loses some of its power... such as booking all the resorts. Resales lose this ability

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes I understand... but what you are not understanding is that when ownership is transferred or sold .. it loses some of its power... such as booking all the resorts. Resales lose this ability

OMG, we didn't know any of these?! We felt that we were being lied to about this whole thing, and we are willing to give up the membership after losing over $18000 plus $2000 legal fee, any suggestions how to get out this flex membership?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The buyer would be getting 51,700 Flex Options that could be used to book at any of the Flex properties.

1. Sheraton Vistana Resort (FL-Orlando)
  2. Sheraton Vistana Villages (FL-Orlando)
  3. Vistana's Beach Club (FL-Jensen Beach)
  4. Sheraton Desert Oasis (AZ-Scottsdale)
  5. Sheraton Broadway Plantation (SC-Myrtle Beach)
  6. Sheraton Steamboat Springs (CO-Steamboat Springs)
Because these Flex Options are voluntary, a resale buyer won't be able to use them to book at any other property in the Vistana network. The only way to book another Vistana property is to deposit the options in to Interval International and try for an exchange in to another property.

Any suggestions how to get out of this? We don't want this anymore, it's crazy that they didn't mention about any of these and told me that we can sell it anytime!

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
what was the legal fee for?? My suggestion would be just to use it or rent it. Someone will probably take it off your hand here. So it is completely paid off correct. Send me a private message

They were correct: you can sell it anytime

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what was the legal fee for?? My suggestion would be just to use it or rent it. Someone will probably take it off your hand here. So it is completely paid off correct. Send me a private message

They were correct: you can sell it anytime

We hired a lawyer to tell them we want to get out and they denied our request, so crazy! Yes we paid it off already, which is even worse. I am so stressed out about this, dont know why we will listen to all their craps

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
I am sorry to hear that... the lawyer was probably out to make a buck.. The contract is pretty cut and dry. You could easily rent your week out every year in Atlantis, Hawaii, or Orlando 4th of July.. or Steamboat in ski season for probably 1200-1400 depending on the season... could be your best bet

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am sorry to hear that... the lawyer was probably out to make a buck.. The contract is pretty cut and dry. You could easily rent your week out every year in Atlantis, Hawaii, or Orlando 4th of July.. or Steamboat in ski season for probably 1200-1400 depending on the season... could be your best bet

We don't want to have all this hassle now, just want to get rid of it...any suggestions how? The lawyer is horrible...

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
Just post here and see if someone takes it of your hands. PM me I may be interested.. want to get your contact info

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just post here and see if someone takes it of your hands. PM me I may be interested.. want to get your contact info

I am confused, are you interested or not based on what I provided so far and your understanding so far

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
no need for confusion.. I do not talk business here.. I will not do a transaction on a message board

ALSO you have yet to tell me what resort at which you purchased...