• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Worldmark (Trendwest) Week

robin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The timeshare is paid for and the dues are current. Looked on the list of sale properties, but can't find anything for 10,000 points, which was originally a week every other year before they went to points.

Would like to offer it to my son, before I list it, but can't find any comps. on what other people are asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't have any answers for you, but seeing Trendwest brings back memories. That's the door through which I entered the Timeshare World 25 years ago!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Robin,

If account has 2 years of points in it plus 1 year to borrow its worth around $.27 to .32 per credit. So a 10K account is worth between 2700 and 3200 dollars. For every credit missing subtract .07.

A fully loaded 10K account would have 20K credits to use w/o borrowing so if you only have 15000 your missing 5000 multiply this by .07 and reduce your account value by that much. In this example you would reduce around $350

Hope this helps.

Not sure how old your account is but if it was purchased back in Trendwest days you may have a NHK account which would make it worth about $10k-$12k more.

NHK account would look like 0000100xxxx. xxxx is a number between 1 and 2500

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
@breezez you read my mind..... That would have been an ethical dilemma.....

Don't forget: There is a transfer fee ($299?) and somebody has to pay the MF's while the account is in limbo.
On a 10k account, those fees can run the cost up another 5 cents a point (or more).
Don't cheat yourself.

If it is an NHK (0000100001-2500) PM me......

cheers!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The timeshare is paid for and the dues are current. Looked on the list of sale properties, but can't find anything for 10,000 points, which was originally a week every other year before they went to points.

Would like to offer it to my son, before I list it, but can't find any comps. on what other people are asking.

Hard to know what you own

Worldmark formerly known as Trendwest never was weeks, it was always credits(points). And 10000 was (is) enough at most of the properties for a week in a two bedroom, every year in red season

So post an accurate description of what you own and you will get some good advice here

IsaiahB

Reaction score
Hard to know what you own

Worldmark formerly known as Trendwest never was weeks, it was always credits(points). And 10000 was (is) enough at most of the properties for a week in a two bedroom, every year in red season

So post an accurate description of what you own and you will get some good advice here

It's possible they originally owned ECVC, which was merged into WMTC.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
IsaihB..... dovetailing into IsaishB's post, in the early days of the Club, Eagle Crest was selling memberships directly:

This is from the 10K report filed from the Trendwest IPO back in 1997.

The Company has an agreement with Eagle Crest, Inc. (Eagle Crest) whereby
the Company has assigned to Eagle Crest the right to sell Vacation Credits
in WorldMark at the Eagle Crest Resort and Trendwest will purchase the
financed portion of such sales, with full recourse, which will allow the
company to realize the stated rates of interest ranging from 13.9% to 15.4%.
Eagle Crest will repurchase defaulted contracts when they become 180 days
delinquent or are written off at their unpaid principal amount. In exchange
for such sales, Eagle Crest must transfer condominium units to WorldMark at
no cost to either the Company or WorldMark. Retention of the full interest
amounts from the contracts was negotiated in lieu of a fee from Eagle Crest
equal to 3% of net sales of vacation credits occurring at the Eagle Crest
resort and originally planned to commence in September 1997. The number of
additional units to be deeded to WorldMark will depend on the number of
vacation credits sold by Eagle Crest, an estimate of which is not provided
in this table.

In another thread I seem to recall that is the basis that some members have day use privileges at Eagle Crest.

IsaiahB

Reaction score
IsaihB..... dovetailing into IsaishB's post, in the early days of the Club, Eagle Crest was selling memberships directly:

This is from the 10K report filed from the Trendwest IPO back in 1997.

The Company has an agreement with Eagle Crest, Inc. (Eagle Crest) whereby
the Company has assigned to Eagle Crest the right to sell Vacation Credits
in WorldMark at the Eagle Crest Resort and Trendwest will purchase the
financed portion of such sales, with full recourse, which will allow the
company to realize the stated rates of interest ranging from 13.9% to 15.4%.
Eagle Crest will repurchase defaulted contracts when they become 180 days
delinquent or are written off at their unpaid principal amount. In exchange
for such sales, Eagle Crest must transfer condominium units to WorldMark at
no cost to either the Company or WorldMark. Retention of the full interest
amounts from the contracts was negotiated in lieu of a fee from Eagle Crest
equal to 3% of net sales of vacation credits occurring at the Eagle Crest
resort and originally planned to commence in September 1997. The number of
additional units to be deeded to WorldMark will depend on the number of
vacation credits sold by Eagle Crest, an estimate of which is not provided
in this table.

In another thread I seem to recall that is the basis that some members have day use privileges at Eagle Crest.

You're on the right track - that agreement refers to EC acting as the sales agent, whereas I was referring to EC actually selling a similar product - this happened years earlier.

I don't recall the year but if you look at old issues of Destinations you'll see an article about the merger.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

One thing to consider is that the Trendwest points include WM South Pacific. Once it is sold resale it no longer will include WM South Pacific unless it is sold or given to a family member.

My WM contracts are Trendwest and I also had a couple Eagle Crest contracts that in the past would trade into 10,000 WM points for $29. Back then Trendwest was a part of Jeldwen. Good times for WM owners. Now with all of the new Wyndham rules its not as good a time as it was in the past.

Bill