• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seriously Considering HRC Resale Purchase - Questions?

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
A few more questions:
11) Are there any resorts that charge a "daily resort fee" to the HRC owners? About when you rent the unit out? i.e. parking fee, internet fee, resort/pool towel fee, etc.?
12) It seems to me the value is in the "points" correct? So if I buy a Gold week that has 1880 points for a couple hundred bucks, it seems like a better cost/point value. I imagine the problem is if I want to rent it or resale it. Correct? Why some "lower valued weeks" have such high points?
13) If you have a deeded unit/week that has a lock-off, when you confirm your week, can I just confirm the 1-bedroom hand deposit the studio part into the CUP? or do I have to deposit my whole unit into he CUP points and then look for a one bedroom that same week if I get lucky?
14) The prices I'm seeing are not as good as some of the lucky guys here on the form for a diamond week at either Wild Oak, Coconut Springs or Beach House, but I will probably make an offer that is about 25-30% of original cost plus closing cost approx. another $1.4K. The broker has their own preferred/internal title company. I'd like to go 3rd party (I think I can protect myself better that way). Any recommendations? The broker tells me I would get about $400 back from title company ....something like that after the purchase. Is this normal?

Thanks!

11) FYI, Sunset has no parking on site, it's is across the road. They do offer a good rate for being in Key West.
13) You will need to call GOHYATT before you reserve your week. Be sure to insist on the split, some do not understand the process. Call GOHYATT, split the reservation into two separate reservations, both will be in owners name. Sometimes Hyatt charges you (like 40.00?) sometimes not. Then you can buy a guest certificate for the locked out side(s) for another name. For depositing points, no experience, maybe other can chime in.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You can reserve one side of lock off online during HRPP. The other side automatically gets converted into CUP points. If you want to reserve both sides during HRPP, you cannot do it online, and I read reports that you cannot really do it by phone either.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
11) My primary experience with HRC is with Hyatt Ka'anapali. No parking fees, no towel fees and I believe no resort fees. This is one of the refreshing experience of the HKB that I very much appreciated.
14) If buying into into HKB, I easily recommend Tiffany at Old Republic Title and Escrow in Maui.

Tiffany D.D. Data
Escrow Officer | Timeshare Services
T: T08.522.0356 | F: 808.522.0355
tdeguzman@oldrepublictitle.com
Old Republic Title and Escrow of Hawaii | Old Republic Insurance Group
900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 890 | Honolulu, HI 96813

I purchased three Hyatt timeshares around the same time frame (trouble with spending too much time on Tug), and Old Republic was first to get me closing documents and was the last to get started.

Last edited:

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can reserve one side of lock off online during HRPP. The other side automatically gets converted into CUP points. If you want to reserve both sides during HRPP, you cannot do it online, and I read reports that you cannot really do it by phone either.

Ok a bit confusing. If my unit is a 2bdrm Lock off and I want to reserve both sides that would be the normal process correct?

Also, if my deeded week is for example a 2bdrm/2bath Unit#1234L.....Do I always get Unit #1234L during my deeded week or I could any 2bdrm/2bath?

How often are the units renovated?

I about to put in an offer, does it matter which unit is as longs I'm getting the location, season and points that I want?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok a bit confusing. If my unit is a 2bdrm Lock off and I want to reserve both sides that would be the normal process correct?

Also, if my deeded week is for example a 2bdrm/2bath Unit#1234L.....Do I always get Unit #1234L during my deeded week or I could any 2bdrm/2bath?

How often are the units renovated?

I about to put in an offer, does it matter which unit is as longs I'm getting the location, season and points that I want?

I do not own a lock off, hopefully someone else will chime in about booking the whole thing vs specific sides.

If you own unit 1234L for week 20, you will always have use of this specific unit for that specific week (barring any extenuating circumstances like repairs due to a hurricane destroying the property).

Most all of the Hyatt properties undergo a continual maintenance as things are needed. For example, this year the property may replace the carpets, next year the dining furniture, the next xxxx. Occasionally there is larger maintenance done, for example the bathrooms were completely redone at High Sierra, kitchens at Beach House, etc. This seems to keep things from becoming dilapidated and steady maintenance fees (which all increase a few % every year).

Some locations the specific unit is less important, for example Wild Oaks you may want something slightly closer to the pools... but there really is no view. At Pinion Pointe unit views vary significantly (it’s been discussed here), and if that is important to you, then it’s something to look for. If you just want the points, and do not intend to stay at your specific unit/week, then view does not matter.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
During HRPP, you can reserve either:

1. One side of the lockoff
2. The other side of the lockoff
3. Whole 2br lockoff unit under one reservation

But, it does not appear to be possible to reserve both 1 and 2 under separate reservations. At least it's not possible online. Once you reserve one side, the other side is automatically converted to CUP and you can no longer reserve the other side under HRPP. You then can use CUP points to reserve an equivalent of the other side, but there appears to be no guarantee that it will be your unit, because it is then CUP reservation, not HRPP.

There were reports that it may be possible to reserve both sides of lockoff as two separate reservations under HRPP by phone, but there is no clarity here and it's not possible online.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are reports that it may be possible to reserve both sides of lockoff as two separate reservations under HRPP by phone, but there is no clarity here and it's not possible online.

Reserving both the A and the B side of a lock off as two separate reservations can be done by calling in.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?

FWIW, I’ve purchased two $30k+ weeks from SMTP. I don’t know how they are from the sellers side, but in both my cases the agent was able to get the buyer to accept my offers. They also offered a significant closing credit that pretty much reduced or negated my closing costs. From a buyers standpoint I wouldn’t hesitate to use them. PM me if you want the names of a couple of responsive agents.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll do the best I can here. Hopefully more folks will step in where I miss something.

1) I have not purchased anything from these sites. They seem a bit over priced. You may want to lurk on eBay (would only buy from a good seller there, you can search the sellers name on here) or myresortnetwork.com
2) diamond is diamond, points are points in the Hyatt system. Nothing extra for a Christmas/New Years unit internally or with II, however, it would probably make more income as a rental unit.
3) HRC has never removed a property they did active sales at to the point which owners were disenfranchised from the Hyatt system. The did spin off the Northstar property to Welk, however, owners who bought Hyatt there still have access to the Hyatt system. Also, However, Marriott now owns/manages the system, and anyone here may (and have) speculate on the future. What you may be thinking of as “former” properties are probably the ones never developed into HRC units. For example the Park City property was pulled prior to becoming an HRC property and Hyatt is now selling it as a fractional. Others like Miami never happened. The Ziva/Zilara properties were never a part of HRC.
4) The Colorado properties come with additional use time because they were sold as more of a fractional product or quasi timeshare/fractional? Otherwise, no.
5) I have heard they do at specific properties, but have no direct experience doing it. Neither Wild Oak or Beach House (the two you said you are interested in) offer this.
6) Some properties are more difficult to book regardless of season owned. For example it is easier to book at Wild Oak than Sunset. Time of use also impacts difficulty. Ie, a mud week at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is easier than a week 7 (you really need to own week 7 here if you want to use that).
7) If they are not part of HRC, it’s not going to happen.
8) The “guest certificate” fee is $30
9) RE these two properties, HRC is only selling the points program now. So, in a sense, yes, sold out. There is constant maintenance occurring on these two properties, no “major” renovation all at once that I know of.
10) % increase depends on the properties, however, it has been steady. Even after the hurricanes in 2017 caused some accelerated maintenance, the fees had no surprise increases. It will be interesting to see what Marriott will do, as from my perspective, Marriott managed properties have had higher maintenance fee increases over the years leading to significantly higher fees today vs the Hyatt managed properties.

Ok this said 20 Hyatt Resorts?

https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare-system-comparison-chart.html

What happened. Can they legally separate/sell from HRC system or the Hyatt brand. What happens then? Does anyone know from contract how this would go legally?

Perrygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

1) The website where I found the unit does not have the best reviews. Most of the bad reviews are from people who paid significant amount to list property. I'm buying from them (SMTN or Timeshare Broker Services) so this should not be a serious concern to me, correct? I mean ultimately it would benefit the seller who paid if I buy it? How do I protect myself, my personal information and my money in this case if I have to do everything through them? How bad are they if I'm in the "buyer" side?
2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
4) Does HRC include any bonus time usage?
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?

Thank you all, this website is awesome.
I love the wait list system. I usually get what we want even those hard to get resorts. We wait list early. We’ve gotten Christmas in Breckenridge, Spring Break at Beach House and Sunset Harbor. Wait listing early and patience is the ticket.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
Great questions; I'm a prior Hyatt RESIDENCE CLUB sales executive with over 700 Hyatt Weeks sold.
Generally speaking most were answered but SMTN charges very high upfront fees for a seller and typically inflates the real world resale prices to get them to pay up front; licensed brokers charge zero up front and there are about 40 of us that work with other brokers to find the best match for any resort. Costs to close are $650 for Hyatt's transfer fee and about $750 for escrow if you opt for title insurance; some have a small admin fee but SMTN appears to be much higher for seller (ad $ up front) and buyers.
2) Correct in Residence Club all points are equal; I used points from two of my silver weeks to get a July week in Maui this year;
1,400 from one and 800 from another. Made request on line Jan. 1 and a week later I was confirmed for Jan.6. Many options open up 6 months ahead and the ones with requests get first chance as I did.
3) Points are Points and as correctly stated many should purchase what they might use some / most years. However, many buy the best value for points (2,200 has become the go to in the past few years) so Windward Pointe should also be a consideration.
Pinon Pointe has lowest dues but higher prices. Diamond weeks are starting at about $6,500 plus costs. All sellers are different but I suggest you use TUG and MyResortNetwork to review options for buying.
4) you are automatically an Interval Gold member included in your Hyatt dues and they do have bonus time quarterly.
5) Hyatt does have a program to rent for owners but lots of pitfalls; they do not guarantee a rate OR THE AMOUNT OF DAYS they will rent; so you could wind up with Hyatt renting out a couple days and be 'stuck' with the balance. They typically take 45% and you must sign the agreement more than 60 days from date of occupancy. I've had very few owners find this program to be good for them.
6) Points are points and Hyatt allows you to put requests in up to 18 months ahead of the day you request; you can put in multiple requests and the first one confirmed by Hyatt will send you an email you are in and they charge your card and use your points when confirmed so stay on top if your requested dates change.
It's all points so you just have to have enough points in your system, not Diamond for Diamond.
7)Interval International is a great option for ~3,000 resorts with a great trading program with Hyatt points
8)Broker with Hyatt experience can provide the fees if you cannot find online
9)Beach House has been sold out from Residence Club for over 15 years - Hyatt rarely buys back so your inventory is all the owners of the 60 units that trade out; you trade in; IF this is the resort you will want to occupy all or part of the week then this is best; if Wild Oak is where you would go then that is best; Dues are close on those plus Windward, High Sierra and Coconut Plantation.
10) typically 3% is closer; HOA at Beach House is all owners where HOA board in Wild Oak may have some Hyatt people on since they own a % of dues.

Hyatt RESIDENCE CLUB offers many advantages (fixed week and unit), points you can use in Hyatt and Interval same year and very high quality.
Let us know of your questions but I do suggest going past SMTN to explore the many options and prices they do not have,
Bill

I have been considering a HRC purchase for about a year now. Wasn't willing to pull the trigger because of not fully understanding how the new system would impact HRC....Anyways, I believe I'm ready, looking at two different properties (Wild Oaks or Beach House). I'm considering buying a diamond fixed week 2bdr/2bath. So can you please provide feedback/suggestions/answers to the following:

2) Just curious, Is a Christmas or New Years diamond week worth more internally in HRC exchange and II external exchange than a regular diamond week?
3) Can HRC sell the property and take it out of the HRC system? How are we protected against that? I only see 15 now but it seems I keep reading about 16? At one point was it 18? What happened?
5) Does HRC have a program to rent units on behalf of owners? What are the % fees?
6) With a diamond week, how are the exchanges (availability) to other diamond weeks at other resorts? i.e. in the last twelve months about a 80% success rate, 50%, 20% ...on a down trend?
7) How can I exchange into other Hyatt resorts that are not part of the HRC list?
8) Where can I find the fees (if any) if I want to give or rent my week to family or friends?
9) Looking at Wild Oaks and Beach House...Are they fully sold out? When was the last time they were renovated?
10) It seems maint fees go up 3-7% every year, correct? What about after renovations?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
A few more questions:
11) Are there any resorts that charge a "daily resort fee" to the HRC owners? About when you rent the unit out? i.e. parking fee, internet fee, resort/pool towel fee, etc.?
12) It seems to me the value is in the "points" correct? So if I buy a Gold week that has 1880 points for a couple hundred bucks, it seems like a better cost/point value. I imagine the problem is if I want to rent it or resale it. Correct? Why some "lower valued weeks" have such high points?
13) If you have a deeded unit/week that has a lock-off, when you confirm your week, can I just confirm the 1-bedroom hand deposit the studio part into the CUP? or do I have to deposit my whole unit into he CUP points and then look for a one bedroom that same week if I get lucky?
14) The prices I'm seeing are not as good as some of the lucky guys here on the form for a diamond week at either Wild Oak, Coconut Springs or Beach House, but I will probably make an offer that is about 25-30% of original cost plus closing cost approx. another $1.4K. The broker has their own preferred/internal title company. I'd like to go 3rd party (I think I can protect myself better that way). Any recommendations? The broker tells me I would get about $400 back from title company ....something like that after the purchase. Is this normal?

Thanks!
11. NO. Not that I'm aware of. (Not to owners or owners guest (renters) through a guest certificate.) I think renters through other (Non Club) sources get hit for various fees at some resorts.

12. Once you buy and have the property at time that you really want to have guaranteed use at, then anything extra (more points to use to go to other club resorts) , sort of comes down to just acquiring more points from anywhere while considering cost per point and maintenance fee per point.

My saying: " Points are points with in the Hyatt system - They all have the same trading value (per point) regardless of what you might have paid for them!"

Yes, If you bought it for practically nothing, you probably would have to sell it for nothing or give it away. And even giving any Time Share away can be hard to do. So only get what you know you like and can and want to use, because your going to have it and its obligations (maintenance fee) for a LONG TIME !

13. You can reserve either part of the lock off type unit during the HRP period, but then the other unit's points that you don't reserve automatically goes into CUP usage points.

However at times I have been able to get Hyatt to reserve my 3 bedroom unit as a 2 bedroom and the attached studio as separate reservation. Even with out paying any extra fee. (The original HRP period reservations that you make does not require any reservation fee.) They probably have to do some sort of override to do this because as soon as the unit goes into CUP it might be picked up automatically by the wait list system and confirmed to someone else before they could reserve it for you. If your not trying to keep the other part of the property then it probably doesn't matter to you anyway. I was wanted to split my 3 Bedroom into to separate reservations primarily to try to make it easier for me to rent either one or both of the units speratly or together. After a few years of doing that I stopped worrying about it and did not try to do it any longer, especially when I would call and ask them to do it and they would say "You can't do that". But then I pushed and said yes, you can do it, and they usually did. But it was a hassle. so I stopped doing it since I wasn't usually able to rent my peak / ski week anyway. But as I said reserving just either part of a unit with a lock off for you guaranteed HRP time and then letting the other part go into club use points should be NO PROBLEM. You can actual do it on line, but first time I would call the member services to help you with it.

14. Maybe call the properties directly, especially check with the Puerto Rico - Hacienda Del Mar - club who has an official Hyatt reseller broker there (Carmen) who is making a market for the Puerto Rico club. They have both club owned defaults and owners that want to sell out, and many are available at very good prices and negotiable for the "for sell by owners" listings. - So call directly and see if the properties your interested in have any units that they have for sale, because of repossession or default.

However for other properties like the Key West clubs and Wild Oak Ranch they may not have any because Hyatt is probably buying those from the Home Owners Association and putting them into the portfolio points program at properties where they are running the Portfolio Points Program.

I also know that the offical Hyatt reseller at Breckenridge ( Mitzi) also has a large inventory and mixture of units for sale of both owner resells and Home Owner Association owned repossessions and defaults. The Hyatt Mountain Lodge also has a large listing of units for resale. ( But they don't come cheap there !)

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.

Who is "SMTN". i.e. what is the full name ?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Sell My Timeshare Now. SMTN.com

Definitely usable as a buyer, along with other well know brokers. Would not use to sell my units due to their business model, as seller is paying a lot of upfront costs, as noted above.

That said, I’ve been surprised to find weeks there that weren’t listed elsewhere, e.g., fixed Week 7 at Marriott Mountainside and Marriott Maui Lahaina. Definitely worth keeping an eye out.

Your best bet is to determine what you want, keep an eye on Redweek, but find a broker that will locate what you want, at your price point.

SeeMe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacation Club
Global Exchange Vacation Club
The Imperial of Waikiki
Westin Kierland Villas
Who is "SMTN". i.e. what is the full name ?
SMTN. is Sell My Timeshare Now. I have actually made 2 purchases through SMTN and was very pleased with each. I was looking for EOY weeks at Kierland Villas and eventually found what I wanted (prime/platinum season in the large units great for spring training and even trades for Maui. The EOY Platinum season rarely come up on any site and each ime I was looking I seemed to find one on SMTN). As long as you do your homework and know what the past sales have been like and know what you want to pay and justify your offer you can get a good deal. Fees the first time might be a little high but price your offer accordingly. The second purchase gets discounted fees.
As in any purchase the key is doing your homework. I worked with the same agent both times and would be happy to recomend him.
I now on 1 week EY, 1 EOYE and 1 EOYO @ the Kieland Villas plus a few other TS.

Last edited:

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-##-
Sell My Timeshare Now. SMTN.com

Definitely usable as a buyer, along with other well know brokers. Would not use to sell my units due to their business model, as seller is paying a lot of upfront costs, as noted above.

That said, I’ve been surprised to find weeks there that weren’t listed elsewhere, e.g., fixed Week 7 at Marriott Mountainside and Marriott Maui Lahaina. Definitely worth keeping an eye out.

Your best bet is to determine what you want, keep an eye on Redweek, but find a broker that will locate what you want, at your price point.
Thank You. Two both of you who responded to my question.

Just did not know about this one. Not that I'm in the market to buy anymore. In fact I'm trying to sell my HMSS 3 bedroom Prime ski week. But not with any company that wants any fee upfront.

Last edited:

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
11. NO. Not that I'm aware of. (Not to owners or owners guest (renters) through a guest certificate.) I think renters through other (Non Club) sources get hit for various fees at some resorts.

12. Once you buy and have the property at time that you really want to have guaranteed use at, then anything extra (more points to use to go to other club resorts) , sort of comes down to just acquiring more points from anywhere while considering cost per point and maintenance fee per point.

My saying: " Points are points with in the Hyatt system - They all have the same trading value (per point) regardless of what you might have paid for them!"

Yes, If you bought it for practically nothing, you probably would have to sell it for nothing or give it away. And even giving any Time Share away can be hard to do. So only get what you know you like and can and want to use, because your going to have it and its obligations (maintenance fee) for a LONG TIME !

13. You can reserve either part of the lock off type unit during the HRP period, but then the other unit's points that you don't reserve automatically goes into CUP usage points.

However at times I have been able to get Hyatt to reserve my 3 bedroom unit as a 2 bedroom and the attached studio as separate reservation. Even with out paying any extra fee. (The original HRP period reservations that you make does not require any reservation fee.) They probably have to do some sort of override to do this because as soon as the unit goes into CUP it might be picked up automatically by the wait list system and confirmed to someone else before they could reserve it for you. If your not trying to keep the other part of the property then it probably doesn't matter to you anyway. I was wanted to split my 3 Bedroom into to separate reservations primarily to try to make it easier for me to rent either one or both of the units speratly or together. After a few years of doing that I stopped worrying about it and did not try to do it any longer, especially when I would call and ask them to do it and they would say "You can't do that". But then I pushed and said yes, you can do it, and they usually did. But it was a hassle. so I stopped doing it since I wasn't usually able to rent my peak / ski week anyway. But as I said reserving just either part of a unit with a lock off for you guaranteed HRP time and then letting the other part go into club use points should be NO PROBLEM. You can actual do it on line, but first time I would call the member services to help you with it.

14. Maybe call the properties directly, especially check with the Puerto Rico - Hacienda Del Mar - club who has an official Hyatt reseller broker there (Carmen) who is making a market for the Puerto Rico club. They have both club owned defaults and owners that want to sell out, and many are available at very good prices and negotiable for the "for sell by owners" listings. - So call directly and see if the properties your interested in have any units that they have for sale, because of repossession or default.

However for other properties like the Key West clubs and Wild Oak Ranch they may not have any because Hyatt is probably buying those from the Home Owners Association and putting them into the portfolio points program at properties where they are running the Portfolio Points Program.

*******MOST IF NOT ALL FORECLOSURES ARE NOT BOUGHT BACK BY HYATT; THE FORECLOSURES ARE ALMOST ALL HOA FORECLOSURES AND HYATT TO MY KNOWLEDGE HAS NOT AND IS NOT BUYING BACK; FOR SURE AT SUNSET NOT- I HAVE ACCESS TO ABOUT 25 HOA FORECLOSURES*******BILL

I also know that the offical Hyatt reseller at Breckenridge ( Mitzi) also has a large inventory and mixture of units for sale of both owner resells and Home Owner Association owned repossessions and defaults. The Hyatt Mountain Lodge also has a large listing of units for resale. ( But they don't come cheap there !)

skimeup

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Just for what its worth, here was my experience with Beach House Key West. I have 1880 points through my week 48 in Carmel, some of which I had deposited and some I had kept for a four day week in Carmel. Then my bro and sil said they wanted to go to Key West with me in late January, which is platinum (2200 points) season. I reserved 8 days in Key West through Hyatt hotel membership program Then I was able to reserve three days with the points obtained by cancelling the res in Carmel, using the 60 day window so I revised the reservation. Then I received new points in early December when I paid my 2018-19 maintenance fee. Note: I had two weeks to cancel the hotel res prior to arrival or I would pay the first couple of nights. I got two more nights before the cancellation window and revised the reservation again. Then another two days showed up during the cancellation window. I called the Beach House and they said they would waive the cancellation fee and I could go ahead and use my points. So I ended up using points for seven of the eight days (I didn't have enough for the 8th day even if it had shown up.) I write this because it shows how reservations/cancellations occur and one can grab them at the last minute.

I am hoping to use an Aspen studio this coming summer using points and I imagine that I will be doing the same thing. What I wonder is if I can put in that request now, even though my mf is not due until December? Can I pay the mf now and request the Aspen time now? I'll call the residence club and ask but just think someone might know about this and post it here.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for what its worth, here was my experience with Beach House Key West. I have 1880 points through my week 48 in Carmel, some of which I had deposited and some I had kept for a four day week in Carmel. Then my bro and sil said they wanted to go to Key West with me in late January, which is platinum (2200 points) season. I reserved 8 days in Key West through Hyatt hotel membership program Then I was able to reserve three days with the points obtained by cancelling the res in Carmel, using the 60 day window so I revised the reservation. Then I received new points in early December when I paid my 2018-19 maintenance fee. Note: I had two weeks to cancel the hotel res prior to arrival or I would pay the first couple of nights. I got two more nights before the cancellation window and revised the reservation again. Then another two days showed up during the cancellation window. I called the Beach House and they said they would waive the cancellation fee and I could go ahead and use my points. So I ended up using points for seven of the eight days (I didn't have enough for the 8th day even if it had shown up.) I write this because it shows how reservations/cancellations occur and one can grab them at the last minute.

I am hoping to use an Aspen studio this coming summer using points and I imagine that I will be doing the same thing. What I wonder is if I can put in that request now, even though my mf is not due until December? Can I pay the mf now and request the Aspen time now? I'll call the residence club and ask but just think someone might know about this and post it here.

Yes, call and pay your 2020 maintenance fees now. At one time you could reserve next years points online with out paying. Marriott has changed that.

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sapper, I'm curious what the same search would show for results at coconut plantation and wild oak ranch.

I just did a search for the properties you listed. Parameters were for the next 12 months, all unit types, all days:

Maui: 14 units
Sedona: 239 units
Carmel: 48 units
Aspen: 85 units
Breck: 65 units
Beaver Creek, Mountain Lodge: 62 units
Beaver Creek, Park Hyatt: 12 units

There is availability, it might not be what you want (partial weeks, studios, etc), but what you don’t want someone else may. Also, the inventory changes daily. The ongoing search is a good tool, but I have had limited success with it (probably because I was too strict in my parameters).

I have no experience with the Wyndham and Vistana systems, so cannot make a comparison.

100% agree to buy where you will be happy.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
So another few questions?
Internally within Hyatt all it matters is points. But does the Interval International TDI of my week matters when I due an external exchange? I have a diamond week I'm about to make an offer on, but the II TDI is only slightly above average (120) for that week. Is this going to diminish the trading value of the week I deposit, therefore my options?

Internally within Hyatt, is there a way to confirm an internal trade ( a different resort/week I'm looking for than my own ) before I put my points into CUP? My concern is if I can't find what I'm looking for I'd rather keep my week, but is it a chicken or the egg type of thing?

Internally within Hyatt, can I put in a request for multiple locations/weeks before I move into CUP? About after ?

If I can't find what I'm looking for, once I'm in the CUP period, all I have after is LCUP or EE correct?

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Everything is points. When you go to trade with interval it asks you how many points you want to search with. Its a generic Hyatt search regardless of what week is on your deed. Hyatt pulls top tier in II but you cant trade back into a Hyatt with II.

upload_2019-8-17_17-2-8.png