• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell Vacations migrating to Club Wyndham Plus

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The conversion is 40 to 1. So if you own 7k points you would multiply by 40. The enrollment is $2995. I think they might be done waving it. My sister is going in to convert hers so we’ll see. I purchased 120k bonus points and they bonused me 300k points. The change took place April 4th and they have a ton of discounts and bonuses they are giving with purchases while they kick off the new program. Other sites don’t offer the same incentives. I also own club Wyndham prior to shell so I know for a fact it’s a pretty hefty discount. Also, resale points from shell or Wyndham do NOT count towards VIP.

Thanks so much for sharing! Do you happen to know how the conversion works? Ie do you give up your Shell points and get 40x new points (club Wyndham access?) Or do you keep the shell points but now have the ability to book wyndham with them?

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do folks feel about the conversion ratio? Intuitively it seems not bad, but maybe not as good as could have been hoped for.

My most frequently used resort is Peacock Suites. Wyndham has a few rooms a block away at the Worldmark Anaheim, which is nicer.

A studio at Wyndham Anaheim is 172k. A 3 bedroom unit in peak season at Peacock suites is 3900 shell points, which would be equivalent to 156k wyndham points at 40x.

Now, I've stayed at both and the Wyndham Anaheim is definitely nicer. But I think the 3 bedroom vs studio more than outweighs that difference, and the shell one is still cheaper.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell west
Thanks so much for sharing! Do you happen to know how the conversion works? Ie do you give up your Shell points and get 40x new points (club Wyndham access?) Or do you keep the shell points but now have the ability to book wyndham with them?
You give up shell for Wyndham points but your deed is still in west club properties. You can still book at the shell properties too

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
You give up shell for Wyndham points but your deed is still in west club properties. You can still book at the shell properties too

Marie - thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions. Would you mind doubling back and answering the question about a points purchase?

i.e. is a Club Wyndham points purchase required to convert?

I imagine that is a key question people are wondering about. Thanks in advance.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
My Shell was all resale, 100% resale. They aren't going to let me convert to get Platinum.

So 280K points for 7K Shell = $1,820 in MF's? That is the ~ MF amount for Shell. Is that $6.50 per thousand? I am not great at math.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
My Shell was all resale, 100% resale. They aren't going to let me convert to get Platinum.

So 280K points for 7K Shell = $1,820 in MF's? That is the ~ MF amount for Shell. Is that $6.50 per thousand? I am not great at math.

Yes it’s $6.50/1000 points, pretty similar to CWA when you add in the program fees.

So just to be clear, they will let you convert, but the conversion will not be VIP eligible yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Would this be a separate membership or would they combine it with your existing Wyndham membership?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes it’s $6.50/1000 points, pretty similar to CWA when you add in the program fees.

My math might be off, but it almost seems like a doubling of the program fee - one to SVC and one to CWA. I am guessing that is the end run on how they are doing this - putting the SVC points into CWA.

If so....wondering what that portends for WM.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score

How does Wyndham know you Shell points are resell? Tell them it all or nothing.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II

Marie - thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions. Would you mind doubling back and answering the question about a points purchase?

i.e. is a Club Wyndham points purchase required to convert?

I imagine that is a key question people are wondering about. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I’d very much like to know whether Shell points can be converted without buying more points. We don’t have a lot of Shell points (basically enough for EOY in Hawaii) but with our other TS we don’t need more! I’d only be interested in converting if it gave us more options for reserving within the program.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I own a single floating week at The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf. When I rent it out, I submit a Wyndham form. Other than that, the Shell —> Wyndham migration doesn't seem to affect me. I haven't received any offers to do anything.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I own a single floating week at The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf. When I rent it out, I submit a Wyndham form. Other than that, the Shell —> Wyndham migration doesn't seem affect me. I haven't received any offers to do anything.

Am I missing something?

I believe you will be eligible for this program (see link posted early in thread). I don't think anyone is being proactively approached yet. Just people attending presentations.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell west
Ot

So just to be clear, they will let you convert, but the conversion will not be VIP eligible yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is VIP eligible when you convert. Resale can be converted just not eligible for VIP.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the FAQ you must sit thru a 90 minutes or more a sale presentation. That is wrong IMO.

Plus, you must buy and spend more money; to buy into another timeshare program.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
According to the FAQ you must sit thru a 90 minutes or more a sale presentation. That is wrong IMO.

Plus, you must buy and spend more money; to buy into another timeshare program.

You don't actually have to do anything. Just keep paying your SVC MF and enjoy your vacations at the SVC resorts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Converting Shell owners can book any Club Wyndham Plus Resorts. Then at some point the Shell Resorts have to become Club Wyndham Plus Resorts open to all Wyndham owners for booking, any word on how long that will be?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since the questions about buying more points keep going unanswered, and given that you have to attend a sales presentation to convert, I would conclude a purchase is required.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the questions about buying more points keep going unanswered, and given that you have to attend a sales presentation to convert, I would conclude a purchase is required.
I think you’re right! We’ve heard about the phony conversation fee that no one can use. You always have to buy more points to save the $2,997 conversion fee, Wyndham wants the buyer to believe they made a good purchase saving $

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who says you have to pay anything to convert? They just want to get into your pockets.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell west
Who says you have to pay anything to convert? They just want to get into your pockets.

I don’t know if it’s required to purchase because I went in there with the intentions to purchase. If you buy from shell it’s 30% less than a Wyndham and in about a month it will go to regular price. My friends daughter works for shell in Anaheim. The 30% discount is only available to shell owners. It’s not available if you only own Wyndham. If you plan to upgrade at some point in your life. Do it now before the 30% goes away. We saw the same thing at shell in Hawaii.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If it walks like a duck...

I won't be going to the update. The web news is misleading:

Important Update About Shell Vacations Club

We’re glad to see so many of you enjoying your new RCI® exchange benefits — expanding your vacation horizons to unique locations around the globe. You’ve asked for access to even more great locations, and we would like to share an important update.

Starting as early as April 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to join the Club Wyndham® family by visiting a Shell Vacations Club sales location. What does this mean for you? As a Club Wyndham owner, you’ll enjoy a host of terrific new benefits and vacation options, including 100+ incredible resorts in the Club Wyndham portfolio.

You will also have the opportunity to enroll your eligible Shell Vacations Club points into Club Wyndham Plus starting in early 2020.

Please see these frequently asked questions for additional details about this update. To learn more, visit a Shell Vacations Club resort or sales location. You can also call us at 844-743-3315 or email asksvc@wyn.com at any time.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell west
I don’t know if it’s required to purchase because I went in there with the intentions to purchase. If you buy from shell it’s 30% less than a Wyndham and in about a month it will go to regular price. My friends daughter works for shell in Anaheim. The 30% discount is only available to shell owners. It’s not available if you only own Wyndham. If you plan to upgrade at some point in your life. Do it now before the 30% goes away. We saw the same thing at shell in Hawaii.

That’s if you want developer points.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell west
Y
30% sounds good, but it really depends on what the net price is after the discount.

You could buy the smallest package they sell, 84k points, (which is only available to shell owners) convert your shell 40-1 and it counts towards VIP permanently. don’t quote me on this but I think I heard it was like 15k. At any normal Wyndham, as of right now they don’t offer a 84k package. I personally felt it was worth it because I would rather have access to 220 resorts versus 24. The Mexico and blue green properties are only affiliates. The Blue green relationship will dissolve late 2019 early 2020 and Mexico will fall off too. I feel like they are trying to faze shell out and eventually force everyone to go Wyndham. The shell properties will soon be part of club Wyndham access and shell owners will almost be forced to either convert or give up shell. That’s just my own conclusion based on the presentation and the way it’s going. I like Wyndham though. With shell I got 20% off for being signature, in Wyndham I get 50% off with an automatic upgrade to a larger unit if you opt in. Every reservation I’ve had with Wyndham, I’ve gotten an up grade. We can now turn our Wyndham points into Wyndham rewards or convert club Wyndham points straight to maintenance fee credits. It’s not the best conversion though. The plus partners actually work when you rent a car and airfare with points.