• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[shill] VPM [Vacation Property Marketing]

M

mslaughter

:hi:
I'm new here and am posting my first question

Has anybody had any dealings with a company named Vacation Property Marketing Inc. Sounds like a pretty decent company and i'm looking forward to some valuable insight:wave:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a simple rule of thumb with timeshare business offers:

ANY company that charges you a large upfront fee for to sell or rent your timeshare, is going to SCAM you - PERIOD.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do tell...

Has anybody had any dealings with a company named Vacation Property Marketing Inc. Sounds like a pretty decent company and i'm looking forward to some valuable insight:wave:

For what precise and verifiable reason(s) does it "sound like a pretty decent company"? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Absent some specific further detail here, a cynic might just suspect that you are a (very) thinly veiled "shill" for this heretofore unknown entity.....:rolleyes:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not recommended

This smacks of the typical up front fee scam and your post is suspicious as well. As you posted multiple times as a new user that tends to show a shill for the company in question at work. In any case there are well established rules here on TUG regarding these companies.

ANY group that calls or otherwise contacts YOU is 99% certain to be an upfront fee company. What are those? A group that makes great sounding promises to rent/lease/sell/transfer/etc your timeshare or system membership points at a good to great price. They often claim to have a buyer or a renter or a group wanting space, etc - but then YOU have to pay to assure the process gets done. In realty that is all they really want - the upfront money paid by you and they can basically disappear (you'll hear nothing more from them & they will be very hard to impossible to reach) to go after the next victim.

DO NOT try to deal with them as it is a scam. Forget any "guarantees" as they are unenforceable (ask yourself what recourse you'd have if you couldn't reach them tomorrow or they simply never followed through with the promises made). Forget any protection from a credit or debit card. They have things set up so what you are promised meets the minimum requirements to assure they, not you, get paid.

DO NOT try to use them or you will be out whatever money they manage to get from you. THAT is a guarantee you can bank on unlike the meaningless, unenforceable one they are trying to lure you in with. The PCC like tis one charge you $3-$4 THOUSAND to take your timeshare and then may, or may not, sell it off for $1. If they aren't able to / don't sell/transfer it you are likely to find a bill in the mail a year or two later since legally you still own & owe on it despite the thousands you paid to be done with it! DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
mslaughter is a shill who has registered 16 different user names on TUG and has been banned.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time remembering my first (only) name. How can anyone remember 16 names???!!! ---LOL !!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tony