• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shortest owner's update ever

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I just finished a stay at the Bay Club. When the concierge called me before the trip, I agreed to do an owner's update since she offered double gifts (Holo Holo card, which saved me money over online booking, and 35,000 Honors points or $100 Hilton bucks) and I'm saving for a Maui stay at the Grand Wailea next year. Plus I had some questions I wanted to ask.

I arrived about 10 minutes early. After about 5 minutes, a sales woman came for me. She explained that they didn't have enough sales people who meet with owners that day. She looked at my paperwork and asked if I was interested in evening out my weeks. (I have one annual and one EOY.) I told her honestly I'm not sure what I want to do. I gave away two timeshares earlier this year and might buy another, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to even think about the situation and whether I want another Hilton or a different brand. Then she said I could either wait for 20-30 minutes to meet with an owners salesperson, or she'd give me the gifts and let me go. I couldn't wait, but asked my quick questions.

She said Maui is back on but no one knows when construction will start. Ocean Tower at the hotel will have studio through 3-bedroom units.

I left at 2 minutes after my scheduled time, so a 7-minute update. The honors points posted that day.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Congrats!
Maybe it helped that Bay Club is a small operation and an affiliate (not a true HGVC).
At Kingsland, HHV, Vegas or Orlando, the experience might have been a bit different.

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
The update was at Kingsland.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Perhaps I should short HGVC stock, since they're giving away $$ like that. ;)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Perhaps I should short HGVC stock, since they're giving away $$ like that. ;)

I sold mine recently, it was up 36% since the ipo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro