• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers Notch in RCI points

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been considering buying an RCI points contract. Can someone tell me how many points do you need for a summer/ski week at the Smuggler's Notch in Vermont, 1-3 bedrooms?
Are they hard to find?

Smugglers' Notch Resort #0300
Mountain Estates At Smugglers' Notch #7576

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I traded in early July 2018 via ongoing search for a July 2019 2 BR/sleeps 8 (RCI #0300) for 85K RCI points. A much smaller 2BR was available June 2018 for July 2019 for 56K points. I have seen a number of summer weeks over the years. If you can plan 1 year out, you should be able to secure sumer weeks.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think they may still have a 1 in 4 rule for both the summer and ski season though.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
So basically i can only exchange into the same resort every 4 years?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So basically i can only exchange into the same resort every 4 years?
"The One in Four Year Rule applies to weeks 1-12, 24-35 and 51-52
Yes. You can go as often as you want in the fall or spring but using rci they restrict you to once every 4 years into each of the two sections listed in RCI.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
and

are basically the same resort. Does the rule take that into account or you would be able to book each resort every 4 years (essentially 2 in 4)?

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
and

are basically the same resort. Does the rule take that into account or you would be able to book each resort every 4 years (essentially 2 in 4)?

I can't answer this as I am a weeks owner there, but why not just buy a Smuggs RCI points ownership? There are a bunch of them for sale I am sure. You still are going to have to purchase a benefits package as well to take advantage of the amenities, but if you plan on going most years it will be worth it, especially if you ski and/or have kids. If you just exchange in on RCI general points, you will have to buy a pass to utilize everything.

Another option, Wyndham resale points ?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't know when it comes from the RCI weeks inventory but when it comes from the RCI points inventory, it should cost this
upload_2019-4-25_20-56-36.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't answer this as I am a weeks owner there, but why not just buy a Smuggs RCI points ownership? There are a bunch of them for sale I am sure. You still are going to have to purchase a benefits package as well to take advantage of the amenities, but if you plan on going most years it will be worth it, especially if you ski and/or have kids. If you just exchange in on RCI general points, you will have to buy a pass to utilize everything.

Another option, Wyndham resale points ?
I did not know of the Smuggs RCI points. Last year i looked at a Smuggs contract, i did not like the rotation schedule. Week 51 on odd years and some random shoulder season weeks on even years. I feel that we would have more flexibility with an RCI points contract and possibly more cost effective. With RCI, even if we can only go every 4 years, we can use the points for other vacations. We are II members and we can just alternate the resorts in New England.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I did not know of the Smuggs RCI points. Last year i looked at a Smuggs contract, i did not like the rotation schedule. Week 51 on odd years and some random shoulder season weeks on even years. I feel that we would have more flexibility with an RCI points contract and possibly more cost effective. With RCI, even if we can only go every 4 years, we can use the points for other vacations. We are II members and we can just alternate the resorts in New England.

Yes.The ownerships at Smuggs are all different. But there are annual Smuggs RCI points ownerships. You can still use the Smuggs ownership RCI points to go elsewhere of course. You don't have to use them at Smuggs.

I know someone that has not used her Smuggs RCI points at Smuggs in years. She exchanges to other places.

For example I own a summer week and a floater. I never converted to RCI points, but many people have. I have those two weeks every year and the points owners with the same deal have those points every year.

And there are one week ownerships that are annual with no floater attached. So these ownerships are out there.

And, being it is a Wyndham resort now you can also consider buying Wyndham points to exchange in. Just another option.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I am a weeks owner, not points. If you're looking either early or late summer (mid June, and then again Mid-August) you can often find get in through RCI for cash. On the weeks side, those are called Extra Vacations. Those are not subject to the 1:4 rule.

I have a reservation for next summer that is within the 1:4 period. (We were there on exchange August 2017, and reservation is for July 2020.) So far, so good. It won't be the end of the world if it gets cancelled, since I don't have flight reservations tied up in it, but I truly don't think there will be a problem.

Good luck! Smuggs is a family favorite for us!