• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smugglers notch

WhoDey

Reaction score
Is Smugglers Notch check in only on certain days. For example we were looking of going in early June. And looks like their is availability. But when I select a check in day of Fri. Or Sat. It says there isn't enough days for a continuous stay. But neither day is grayed out unavailable or it doesn't say limited but when I check the start day to be Sunday it will let me make a reservation.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Smugglers Notch check in only on certain days. For example we were looking of going in early June. And looks like their is availability. But when I select a check in day of Fri. Or Sat. It says there isn't enough days for a continuous stay. But neither day is grayed out unavailable or it doesn't say limited but when I check the start day to be Sunday it will let me make a reservation.

They do have specific check in days for different HOAs, but that may not be the issue.

I ran into this problem before, but if you select specific dates from the initial booking screen (not the one showing the availability calendar) it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
How soon before we go there can we request a ground level unit.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

It depends what building you are in. The North Hill ones are Friday check-ins. Willows are Saturday. West Hill is Sunday.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
How soon before we go there can we request a ground level unit.

I don't know but I would just call anyway. What building are you in? Do you know already?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends what building you are in. The North Hill ones are Friday check-ins. Willows are Saturday. West Hill is Sunday.

I don’t know if it much matters. I’ve checked into North Hill units on Saturday and Sunday as well (Tamaracks twice and Owls once).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don’t know if it much matters. I’ve checked into North Hill units on Saturday and Sunday as well (Tamaracks twice and Owls once).

Yeah- I guess with points it wouldn't matter as long as you either check in or check out on the specific "check-in" day?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
We are getting ready to head there in early June and looking forward to it!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are getting ready to head there in early June and looking forward to it!

Just be aware that the activities do not begin until late June. But- you can do some sightseeing around the area. Enough to see and do, though you will have some driving.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Just be aware that the activities do not begin until late June. But- you can do some sightseeing around the area. Enough to see and do, though you will have some driving.

Thank you for that reminder, Mary Ann. Our goals with this trip include hiking, seeing scenery and nature, and scouting out possible locations to retire to here in a few years. We are very much looking forward to visiting Vermont and upstate NY for the first time. I have a feeling the wife will not like the weather possibilities in the winter here but you never know for sure until you look....

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thank you for that reminder, Mary Ann. Our goals with this trip include hiking, seeing scenery and nature, and scouting out possible locations to retire to here in a few years. We are very much looking forward to visiting Vermont and upstate NY for the first time. I have a feeling the wife will not like the weather possibilities in the winter here but you never know for sure until you look....

That is great. Lots of hiking and nature everywhere.

I can tell you one thing- we love Vermont and considered retiring there as well. BUT- Vt taxes your Social Security income and estate- no matter the size. Heck- even New York does not do that! So- New Hampshire here we come in a couple of years hopefully. (though high housing and property taxes there, too)

If we could have lived in Vermont- for us it would have been the Lake Champlain area- especially the islands. In fact we rent a cottage by the lake once in a while and will be doing so the last week of June this year. Hubby likes Newport near the Canadian border and Lake Memphremagog- but way up there and not close to medical facilities which you need to be as you age.

Honestly, the whole state is beautiful and has a lot to offer- but those taxes.... ugh...! We have been through a lot of the state because been going there since 1999 and I belong to the VT215 club (goal to see all 251 towns) and have been to 157 of them, so know the state well!

Upstate New York is very nice- even where we live in the Hudson Valley. But New York is expensive- property and school taxes are out of control. But- there are more services here.

Yes- the Northeast is cold- but when spring/summer/Fall finally arrive, you have a great appreciation. And- winter- there is something to be said for sitting by a nice fire with a glass of wine. New Englanders embrace the winter.

Anyway- enjoy! Let is know how it was!

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is great. Lots of hiking and nature everywhere.

I can tell you one thing- we love Vermont and considered retiring there as well. BUT- Vt taxes your Social Security income and estate- no matter the size. Heck- even New York does not do that! So- New Hampshire here we come in a couple of years hopefully. (though high housing and property taxes there, too)

If we could have lived in Vermont- for us it would have been the Lake Champlain area- especially the islands. In fact we rent a cottage by the lake once in a while and will be doing so the last week of June this year. Hubby likes Newport near the Canadian border and Lake Memphremagog- but way up there and not close to medical facilities which you need to be as you age.

Honestly, the whole state is beautiful and has a lot to offer- but those taxes.... ugh...! We have been through a lot of the state because been going there since 1999 and I belong to the VT215 club (goal to see all 251 towns) and have been to 157 of them, so know the state well!

Upstate New York is very nice- even where we live in the Hudson Valley. But New York is expensive- property and school taxes are out of control. But- there are more services here.

Yes- the Northeast is cold- but when spring/summer/Fall finally arrive, you have a great appreciation. And- winter- there is something to be said for sitting by a nice fire with a glass of wine. New Englanders embrace the winter.

Anyway- enjoy! Let is know how it was!

Another Hudson Valleyite here huh? I see you’re in pine bush. I think that’s Orange County. I’m in rockland, in Nanuet.

And as long as you’re working, these winters stink. If I didn’t have anywhere to go in 12” of snow - I could easily sit inside with some hot coco, Netflix and my fake fireplace going and be happy as a clam.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Another Hudson Valleyite here huh? I see you’re in pine bush. I think that’s Orange County. I’m in rockland, in Nanuet.

And as long as you’re working, these winters stink. If I didn’t have anywhere to go in 12” of snow - I could easily sit inside with some hot coco, Netflix and my fake fireplace going and be happy as a clam.

Yes- me too! "If you no place to go- Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow"! Only thing- we have the real fireplace and the real wood stove and a lot of wood!

BTW- I have a Pine Bush address but we actually live in Sullivan County- Walker Valley/Roosa Gap area- near Shawangunk State Forest and the Sam's Point Nature Preserve (Ice Caves Mountain).

I grew up in Rockland- Clarkstown to be more specific. Had a Nanuet address. Lived off North Middletown Road near Exit 10- Palisades Parkway. Small World!

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
Yeah- I guess with points it wouldn't matter as long as you either check in or check out on the specific "check-in" day?
Actually, if you are using Wyndham points, you can check-in or check-out any day of the week. We've done it multiple times...

And as Chris (uscav8r) says: "I ran into this problem before, but if you select specific dates from the initial booking screen (not the one showing the availability calendar) it should work." For some reason (actually, I think we all know the reason), the Wyndham system does not always work well...but what Chris says works for me every time.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I don't know but I would just call anyway. What building are you in? Do you know already?
No, and I have a request to stay at another resort if possible. Not liking all the fees for Smuggs.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes- me too! "If you no place to go- Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow"! Only thing- we have the real fireplace and the real wood stove and a lot of wood!

BTW- I have a Pine Bush address but we actually live in Sullivan County- Walker Valley/Roosa Gap area- near Shawangunk State Forest and the Sam's Point Nature Preserve (Ice Caves Mountain).

I grew up in Rockland- Clarkstown to be more specific. Had a Nanuet address. Lived off North Middletown Road near Exit 10- Palisades Parkway. Small World!

I'm off of exit 10 and Middletown road as well. In the hamilets which used to be the old airport if you were here that far back.

Grandfather had a house in Sullivan - in south falsberg off the main drag and my cousin had a liquor store in the shoprite center in Monticello.

Do you use any of the local Wyndham resorts? Reason I bought into Wyndham was because there were so many within a day drive to us. I also have a Hilton unit, but the closest is myrtle beach, nothing quite local. If so, which is your best? Still waiting for our resale Wyndham to close, so haven't used anyrhjng yet, but planning a bonnet creek run sometime in 2019.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
No, and I have a request to stay at another resort if possible. Not liking all the fees for Smuggs.

What fees? The activities pass? Because if you are staying in certain buildings you will have the use of a pool and gym without having to pay a fee.

But there is a WIFI fee. Not sure if you would be hit with a cleaning fee or not.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I'm off of exit 10 and Middletown road as well. In the hamilets which used to be the old airport if you were here that far back.

Grandfather had a house in Sullivan - in south falsberg off the main drag and my cousin had a liquor store in the shoprite center in Monticello.

Do you use any of the local Wyndham resorts? Reason I bought into Wyndham was because there were so many within a day drive to us. I also have a Hilton unit, but the closest is myrtle beach, nothing quite local. If so, which is your best? Still waiting for our resale Wyndham to close, so haven't used anyrhjng yet, but planning a bonnet creek run sometime in 2019.

Oh I lived not far from the small Smith airport. I am 62 years old so going way back- I got married and left Rockland at age 21- moved to Monroe in Orange County at that time.

I actually do not own Wyndham. I do own at a what is now a Wyndham resort, which is Smugglers Notch, but I never converted our deeded fixed week 30. We love it at Smuggs and we really like Vermont. Under a 6 hour drive for us. We like to go up the Northway and take the ferry across Lake Champlain. Like a second home to us after almost 20 years.

Then we own in New Hampshire week 31 at Innseason Pollard Brook in the White Mountains, which we drive to from Smuggs every summer for a nice total 2 week vacation.

Everyone seems to love Bonnet Creek so I am sure you will too.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Actually, if you are using Wyndham points, you can check-in or check-out any day of the week. We've done it multiple times...

And as Chris (uscav8r) says: "I ran into this problem before, but if you select specific dates from the initial booking screen (not the one showing the availability calendar) it should work." For some reason (actually, I think we all know the reason), the Wyndham system does not always work well...but what Chris says works for me every time.

Didn't realize that- not actually being a Wyndham owner. I just know when we rented from a Wyndham owner at Smuggs for a few days she said before she booked on line for us (like 10 months ahead) that we had to either check in or out on the check-in day for that building. So- since we asked for Sycamores, being it was a Sunday check-in and we were going up there and checking in on a Thursday, we had to at least check out on a Sunday, which is the normal check-in checkout day for Sycamores.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Didn't realize that- not actually being a Wyndham owner. I just know when we rented from a Wyndham owner at Smuggs for a few days she said before she booked on line for us (like 10 months ahead) that we had to either check in or out on the check-in day for that building. So- since we asked for Sycamores, being it was a Sunday check-in and we were going up there and checking in on a Thursday, we had to at least check out on a Sunday, which is the normal check-in checkout day for Sycamores.
Hello Mary Ann,

With Wyndham points, the check-in/check-out does not matter...but when using Wyndham points during Prime (summer or winter) season and reserving more than ninety (90) days in advance (so, "Standard" reservation as opposed to "Express" reservation), there is a three (3) night minimum stay...I just figured that out today...even though we converted to Wyndham points three (3) years ago.

My family has owned TS at Smuggs for over thirty (30) years now...and we love it, too...

With an "Express" reservation, there is a two (2) night minimum stay.

I hope this explanation helps.

Cheers!

Kevin C.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
What building do they assign Saturday check in? Are exchangers given less favorable units? How far is Smuggs from Londonderry, NH?

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What building do they assign Saturday check in? Are exchangers given less favorable units? How far is Smuggs from Londonderry, NH?

Terry,

Smugglers Notch is a very particular resort...it is privately owned and Wyndham is only a sales/marketing partner...

There are units that are owned outright by Smuggs and used for daily or weekly rentals and Smuggs is responsible for maintenance/upkeep (I believe Liftside and Slopeside buildings are in this category);
There are units that are owned outright by individuals and generally are used for daily or weekly rentals (check Airbnb) or personal use (decor is at owners taste/discretion) and owner is responsible for maintenance/upkeep (spread throughout the resort);
There are units that are timeshares, the HOA is responsible for maintenance/upkeep and the owners may or may not be a member of RCI (but most probably are)(I know my family was before switching to Wyndham points);
Finally, there are units that are Wyndham points timeshares. These are owners that took there fixed, deeded week(s) and converted them to Wyndham points. Wyndham also constructed a few buildings that are essentially exclusively for Wyndham owners.

Phew...!

A Saturday check-in could be any virtually any building...but likely a unit near the center of the village so more centrally located. Are these units "less favorable"...? I would not describe them that way...they are not the newest units, but certainly our deeded "Saturday" check-in (Villmarksauna 18) was always maintained by the HOA and was in great shape and we loved it...YMMV.

Google maps is showing 191 miles and 3+ hours from Londonderry to Smuggs...

Cheers!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

I know Willows have Saturday check ins. But- if you are a Wyndham points owner you can probably check into any building on any day I would think per Kevin above.

If you are RCI points-maybe it is different. But I am not a points owner so I am not sure. I do not believe exchangers are given less favorable units- especially off season there would be a lot of inventory. I suppose it just depends what you are exchanging from.

Londonderry, NH is 3 hours from Smuggs (Jeffersonville, VT)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Terry,

Smugglers Notch is a very particular resort...it is privately owned and Wyndham is only a sales/marketing partner...

There are units that are owned outright by Smuggs and used for daily or weekly rentals and Smuggs is responsible for maintenance/upkeep (I believe Liftside and Slopeside buildings are in this category);
There are units that are owned outright by individuals and generally are used for daily or weekly rentals (check Airbnb) or personal use (decor is at owners taste/discretion) and owner is responsible for maintenance/upkeep (spread throughout the resort);
There are units that are timeshares, the HOA is responsible for maintenance/upkeep and the owners may or may not be a member of RCI (but most probably are)(I know my family was before switching to Wyndham points);
Finally, there are units that are Wyndham points timeshares. These are owners that took there fixed, deeded week(s) and converted them to Wyndham points. Wyndham also constructed a few buildings that are essentially exclusively for Wyndham owners.

Phew...!

A Saturday check-in could be any virtually any building...but likely a unit near the center of the village so more centrally located. Are these units "less favorable"...? I would not describe them that way...they are not the newest units, but certainly our deeded "Saturday" check-in (Villmarksauna 18) was always maintained by the HOA and was in great shape and we loved it...YMMV.

Google maps is showing 191 miles and 3+ hours from Londonderry to Smuggs...

Cheers!

LOL! It"s a convoluted hot mess, isn't it?! LOL!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I’m going to contact Smuggs today.