• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Smuggs check in day question

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
My husband was able to fix the problem I'd been having with RCI's website...and just in time! I came home today to see a week in a 1 BR sleeps 6 at Smuggs for the week school gets out. This morning it was $699....this afternoon....$239! SCORE!!!!

It is a Sunday checkin, and we'll go over Monday after school. Wondering if anyone knows which buildings have Sunday check in. (Trying to figure out which building we might be in.) RCI is less than helpful about that. Will call Smuggs as well...but with the points stuff, people are coming and going all days of the week, so it's not as clear as it used to be.

ANYWAY...I know that Evergreen is Saturday. I believe Tamaracks are Friday. Balsams are Sunday. I think Sycamores are Saturday as well. Thanks for any info you can give!

YAY!!!! I get to go to Smuggs again this year!!!!!! ;) Have I said how much I love timesharing?

Edited to add: Just got hold of a helpful person at RCI. We have Sycamores 49 as of now, though of course, it's not guaranteed. YAY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Oh- good! Sycamores- right- they are Sunday check in!

Willows are Saturday.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Smuggs has the 1-4 rule for particular weeks (1-12, 24-35 and 51-52). Not sure if you fall within those weeks - but keep an eye on your account just in case.

I stayed there via RCI two summers in a row and when I called to question, smuggs said they had no problem and would not enforce as long as RCI let them go through. They were both Last Minute - so I assume that is why RCI let it happen.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Congrats! Smuggs has the 1-4 rule for particular weeks (1-12, 24-35 and 51-52). Not sure if you fall within those weeks - but keep an eye on your account just in case.

I stayed there via RCI two summers in a row and when I called to question, smuggs said they had no problem and would not enforce as long as RCI let them go through. They were both Last Minute - so I assume that is why RCI let it happen.
I'll watch. Last year's trip was an exchange, and this one is an extra vacation. I think this applies to exchanges....so I'm not terribly worried...but I'll keep an eye. This particular week is kind of early, especially this year with our snowy winter. Hopefully it will all work out!