• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So, I bought a ts before i found TUG

Rsmith9445

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway at the Beach , Myrtle Beach SC
howdy,

I bought a timeshare before i found tugg. Luckily i bought a resale and only paid about $150 after all is said and done. We bought a 1 BR at Broadway at the beach in Myrtle Beach. We quickly deposited our 2017 in II and booked our vacation for April 2018 (I had to pay the 2018 maintainance) overall, i think we did pretty good. Any tips, pointers, etc..... for a couple new to TS?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
howdy,

I bought a timeshare before i found tugg. Luckily i bought a resale and only paid about $150 after all is said and done. We bought a 1 BR at Broadway at the beach in Myrtle Beach. We quickly deposited our 2017 in II and booked our vacation for April 2018 (I had to pay the 2018 maintainance) overall, i think we did pretty good. Any tips, pointers, etc..... for a couple new to TS?
Are you going somewhere else with the 2017 week? April should be nice in Myrtle Beach. We are going to Myrtle Beach in March 2018 on a RCI Exchange.
Welcome to TUG.
Silentg

Rsmith9445

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway at the Beach , Myrtle Beach SC
We deposited the 2017 week with II and have until the end of 2019 to use. We will be in MB the first week of April. Can't wait.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck, you have now joined over one million timeshares owners families and welcome to TUG!

Last edited:

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
We deposited the 2017 week with II and have until the end of 2019 to use. We will be in MB the first week of April. Can't wait.

Congrats on your purchase. I have a timeshare at a Mandatory Resort which was purchased so that I would be able to trade within the network. Just wondering if you (or the other folks here) know if there are any Vistana Voluntary properties that trade well into II? t would be nice to have acquire something for the sole purpose of exchanging into II.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. I have a timeshare at a Mandatory Resort which was purchased so that I would be able to trade within the network. Just wondering if you (or the other folks here) know if there are any Vistana Voluntary properties that trade well into II? t would be nice to have acquire something for the sole purpose of exchanging into II.
Sheraton Desert Oasis - Platinum season, followed by 1-52 floating week. Low MF and best trader in II.

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
Sheraton Desert Oasis - Platinum season, followed by 1-52 floating week. Low MF and best trader in II.

Thanks. So, in order to get Platinum Season, the unit should have either 67,100 or 81,000 points for a one bedroom and 148,000 for a two bedroom? Do the 1 bedrooms trade well in II?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So, in order to get Platinum Season, the unit should have either 67,100 or 81,000 points for a one bedroom and 148,000 for a two bedroom? Do the 1 bedrooms trade well in II?
You are asking voluntary resort. They do not come with SOs. Yes on trading power for 1BR. But you cannot put in for an ongoing search for a unit larger than what you are using tp trade unless that resort only has size larger than what you are using to trade. If a match is found against a larger unit, II will contact you and collect a size upgrade fee.

SDO has disproportionally higher MF for 1BR than a 2BR. If you can use 2 weeks, you may buy a 2BR, or if not, you may want a 2BR EOY unit.

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
You are asking voluntary resort. They do not come with SOs. Yes on trading power for 1BR. But you cannot put in for an ongoing search for a unit larger than what you are using tp trade unless that resort only has size larger than what you are using to trade. If a match is found against a larger unit, II will contact you and collect a size upgrade fee.

SDO has disproportionally higher MF for 1BR than a 2BR. If you can use 2 weeks, you may buy a 2BR, or if not, you may want a 2BR EOY unit.

Ok Thanks! I should do some more research on voluntary resorts then. Based on what you said, as long as the property comes with Platinum season and floating, this should be good?

zjhasan1976

Reaction score

As an example, is this something you would be referring to? See attached. I blanked out seller information.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    368.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As an example, is this something you would be referring to? See attached. I blanked out seller information.

Yes, but you need to ask for the unit number and estoppel. The EOY are often listed for $1. It is the 2BR annual that are still a little more valuable because buyers may want to requalify the week with a developer purchase of another week or Flex points. But since Vistana got merged with ILG, those weeks are also no longer valuable.

This is copied and pasted from one of Denise's replies as she explains it better than me.

"An SDO week that floats 1-52 is called "Gold Plus" in Starwood terminology.

Platinum - 1-21 & 50-52
Gold Plus - 1-52
Gold - 22-27 & 36-49
Silver - 28-35

To be a true Platinum week at Sheraton Desert Oasis the unit number must be in this range-

1064, 1072, 1081-1100, 2064, 2072, 2081- 2100, 3064-3072, and 3081-3100

AND the deeded week must be in this range: 1-21, 50-52"

zjhasan1976

Reaction score
Yes, but you need to ask for the unit number and estoppel. The EOY are often listed for $1. It is the 2BR annual that are still a little more valuable because buyers may want to requalify the week with a developer purchase of another week or Flex points. But since Vistana got merged with ILG, those weeks are also no longer valuable.

This is copied and pasted from one of Denise's replies as she explains it better than me.

"An SDO week that floats 1-52 is called "Gold Plus" in Starwood terminology.

Platinum - 1-21 & 50-52
Gold Plus - 1-52
Gold - 22-27 & 36-49
Silver - 28-35

To be a true Platinum week at Sheraton Desert Oasis the unit number must be in this range-

1064, 1072, 1081-1100, 2064, 2072, 2081- 2100, 3064-3072, and 3081-3100

AND the deeded week must be in this range: 1-21, 50-52"

Thank you (and Denise too!)

So, to go back to your original response, you had suggested getting either a Platinum or a Gold Plus and either should trade well in II (regardless of 1 or 2 bedroom).

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you (and Denise too!)

So, to go back to your original response, you had suggested getting either a Platinum or a Gold Plus and either should trade well in II (regardless of 1 or 2 bedroom).
Yes. If you put an ongoing search, tne priority in terms of which deposit gets matched first will be 2BR over a 1BR, a Platinum over a Gold Plus, a large 1BR over a small 1BR.

Last edited: