TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice on HGVC resale?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by enterthecircus, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:37 PM.

1. enterthecircus

enterthecircus Guest

Forgive the (probably) stupid question.

I recently purchased direct from HGVC after visiting their Las Vegas location on the Boulevard. It was 3400 points for 26k. After doing some research and seeing how much less I could pay for the same (or more) points I decided to rescind and I'm now I'm looking to buy from a reseller.

But I'm confused about a few things. During my presentation, Hilton basically just asked me how many days/weeks I spend traveling each year, asked me how much I could afford per month, and then just drew everything else up.

So now looking to buy a resale - I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for in terms of picking one HGVC property over another, since my understanding is the particular property on your deed is not really relevant because you're really purchasing points to be used at any of their properties. Does that question make sense?

Looking to purchase asap, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    TUGBrian likes this.
  2. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    First off, please complete sending off the rescission letter now before you go any further. 3400 points are worth about $2K tops on the resale market!

Second, there is a dedicated forum here on TUG for HGVC, so you may want the admins to move this thread there -- it will get more visibility to other HGVC owners who can then guide you through the process of deciding what, if any HGVC purchase would be best for you.

Kurt

ETA -- I just saw in the other thread that you have successfully rescinded already -- great job!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 3:56 PM
    TUGBrian likes this.
  3. enterthecircus

enterthecircus Guest

Thanks! And yes I was completely shocked when I looked into the resale market and realized how much I've overpaid!! Thank God I rescinded.

4. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Again, Congratulations. And also welcome to TUG. All of our HGVC members here on TUG are great and want to help with any questions which you may have.

If you would like us to help with purchasing resale HGVC, we can do that. But we would need to have some information from you of how you would like to use a TS or your travel needs. There is a questionnaire in the general New to TS section which would be very helpful to answer those questions. Also, since you have just purchased and now rescinded, I would recommend that you spend some time (6 months) understanding HGVC before you purchase resale of course.