• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Split group Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe at Riviera Maya

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Contract includes 2 yrs with the Registry Collection, 2 year SFX Diamond reverting back to Gold for life and 2 yr Platinum Vida Lifestyle

Almost forgot, the Registry Collection exchange system has been changed recently. At the Deluxxe level, you’ll be able to book any available week they have for one of your weeks. On the bright side, that includes the spa, loft, and residence units in GL NV and the spa units in RM, mostly in the off season (Apr-Dec). There’s a resort fee for exchanging through them as well as the $295 exchange fee, which would add $1345 for a week in a 2+ BR, but it’s much less expensive than upgrading your membership with Vidanta if your happy going that way.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
I used a credit card for deposit and balance is expected to be paid via a cash refinance at home bank; otherwise they plan to charge me an additional fee if they cover the cost through a term contract. There’s a document that includes what those additional fees and monthly payments will be at different percentages based on 12-60 terms and with and without autopay. The total cash price is used in the calculations instead of backing out the deposit. Is this grounds for cancellation??

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I used a credit card for deposit and balance is expected to be paid via a cash refinance at home bank; otherwise they plan to charge me an additional fee if they cover the cost through a term contract. There’s a document that includes what those additional fees and monthly payments will be at different percentages based on 12-60 terms and with and without autopay. The total cash price is used in the calculations instead of backing out the deposit. Is this grounds for cancellation??

That would need an interpretation of Mexican law, which I would be very very hesitant to take a shot at. I wouldn’t even try to give (or request) any kind of legal advice over an internet bulletin board. My impression as a layman would be those calculations aren’t really a part of the contract and wouldn’t be an issue unless perhaps they started charging you those rates/amounts. Even if they did that, I think you’d be likely on the hook to complain and have them fix the charges instead of canceling the contract.

There’s a sticky thread on rights of rescission for Mexican timeshares that’s worth a read at:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...nding-a-mexican-timeshare-presentation.61829/.

No idea what would allow contract cancellation in Mexico, but some folks have made lots of noise on social media that resulted in Vidanta contacting them to work out an agreement letting them out of a contract. They do value there public image somewhat and monitor all these sites for disparaging content. No idea what the outcomes have been; I saw one fellow do that fairly recently. I would suspect that it would include not being able to exchange back into their resorts in the future, though.

Vacastay18

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GrandLuxxe DeLuxxe
Thank you..I will definitely give this a read!!

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Thank you..I will definitely give this a read!!
Hi. I just wanted throw my 2cents in on this as we too recently bought the 2br Luxxe Deluxe.

Our contract page does state that hotel is Grand Luxxe NV. Just as the OP we purchased while in RM

Sister resorts include 2br Master Suite at GL, GB or RM. The one bedroom shows exchange privileges into GL Suite, Junior Villa Loft/Master room.

During the wonderful sales process I was presented with a couple of different proposals. I noticed that one of the 10 year programs allowed for only one registered week during the 10 years. Every year and EOY options were also available. Any opinions on what is best? We went with the EOY option. My initial thought that I would be getting short changes if I had only one registered week to use.

At this time I'm sure I will be using at least one available week each year so regardless I will have to pay the MF for usage. But thinking about it later the one registered week only for 10 years might have been the better choice since the 2 weeks from the 100 year contract are also available and we wouldn't "have to" pay if we didn't use.

I am still really in need some help understanding the SFX weeks. Eric B or anyone else who can offer a bit more information would be of great help.

To use a regular SFX Exchange I understand that you deposit your paid for week and get to trade for an available SFX week (just like any II or RCI deposit) but how do the Vida weeks and Privilege weeks work? Must one purchase additional weeks from Vidanta to trade into these weeks? Are they just free weeks to use without any deposit like an exchange certificate? (can't imagine that) or what must I do to access these weeks. I couldn't find any explanation on the SFX website.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Vida weeks and privilege weeks are bonus weeks that you can use with SFX to book a week at a timeshare resort. Vida weeks are essentially the same as the bonus weeks SFX provides if you deposit a TS week with them to exchange elsewhere in addition to the credit for the week you deposited. It costs a bit more for an exchange than their normal fees, but you wouldn’t have paid an MF for it. The only catch is you can’t book back into Vidanta with a Vida week, though you can with an SFX bonus week from depositing a different TS week.

Privilege weeks allow you to book a week back into a Vidanta resort up to your ownership level including during the elite (holiday) weeks. SFX generally has inventory from Vidanta up to the GL suite level; if you own above that level you may wind up calling SFX, then getting into a conference call with Vidanta to make the reservation. I’ve been told by folks on the Vidanta reservation line that I could just call them directly if SFX doesn’t have available privilege weeks in order to book one, but haven’t tried it; the folks there are helpful and get paid by the reservation anyway....

I’ve never deposited a Vidanta week with SFX, so I’m not entirely sure how that works. I’ve deposited other (much cheaper) weeks with SFX and it’s a simple process of paying my MF, making a reservation, and following the prompts on the SFX site, then filling in the form you get by email. I have deposited Vidanta weeks with Registry; you call the Vidanta customer service line and tell them to deposit with Registry and pay the MF - no reservation and deposit form necessary; they put the credit on your account. I feel that better matches the potential exchanges with the MF cost.

As far as registered weeks go, typically with the EOY contracts you get “alternate year” weeks in the off years that have a shorter reservation window, though that can be modified by contract addendum. It’s not really obvious if this is what you got, but probably is.

Hope that helps.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Thanks for the explanation. I did know that you couldn't use the Vida weeks to book back into Vidanta but just wasn't 100% sure how the exchange of these and the Privilege weeks worked. It is good to know that these are similar to the II certificates then.

We did get the alternate weeks with the addendum so there is the same reservation time as the Registered week.

Now I just need more time to use all of these wonderful weeks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the explanation. I did know that you couldn't use the Vida weeks to book back into Vidanta but just wasn't 100% sure how the exchange of these and the Privilege weeks worked. It is good to know that these are similar to the II certificates then.

We did get the alternate weeks with the addendum so there is the same reservation time as the Registered week.

Now I just need more time to use all of these wonderful weeks.

One thing of note to add is that your account on the SFX website won’t reflect the Vida and privilege weeks; they track those separately offline.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Thanks. I appreciate your knowledge and responses.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
I have a lot to learn about the way things work

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a lot to learn about the way things work

It's a continuous learning process because they're always changing things.