• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St Kitts View Help?

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using Points.
Two Stays of 3 nights (Staying at hotel for free in between on club trip)
Can get Garden View (1 or 2 Balconies)
Ocean View (1 Balcony)
for first
and
Garden View (1 or 2 Balconies)
Ocean Side (2 Balconies)

Was thinking Ocean View for first since it is only an extra 75 points and Garden View 2 Balconies for second since it 225 points less. Or Should I do all garden or all ocean.

Thanks.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don’t mention Ocean Side, is that because the points needed are too high as they have the very best views.
We own Garden View Exterior (the 2 balcony variant, which has a better layout for us).
I would say that the better Ocean View units (on the higher floors - no lifts) offer better views than the Garden View units, as you wouuld expect.
I believe though that the best Garden View units have at least as good a view as the worst Ocean view units (ground floor close to the sea wall), possibly for some better?
The trouble is you can’t be sure which Ocean View unit you will be allocated, whatever you request.
This is why we just bought Garden View as a it was a significant cost saving and there are no bad views in the resort.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Barry, we are staying there in April and have reserved a garden view room with two balconies. Based on your comment above, is it better to request a ground floor unit?

Thanks.

Mike

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barry, we are staying there in April and have reserved a garden view room with two balconies. Based on your comment above, is it better to request a ground floor unit?

Thanks.

Mike
It is rather a complicated view designation mapping at St Kitts, which varies by building / floor.
Normally with MVC, we choose the highest floor possible.
At St Kitts, with Garden View, there are very limited upper floor options and we prefer the larger ground floor terrace (compared to the upper balconies) and tend to request Camp Bay House with an open view across the pool and if you are lucky just a glimpse of the ocean too.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It is rather a complicated view designation mapping at St Kitts, which varies by building / floor.
Normally with MVC, we choose the highest floor possible.
At St Kitts, with Garden View, there are very limited upper floor options and we prefer the larger ground floor terrace (compared to the upper balconies) and tend to request Camp Bay House with an open view across the pool and if you are lucky just a glimpse of the ocean too.

Thank you Barry. We usually request a higher floor too, but I think we will go for a ground floor this time and see what we get.

Best regards.

Mike

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Barry. We usually request a higher floor too, but I think we will go for a ground floor this time and see what we get.

Best regards.

Mike
Good luck.
I have never actually seen a view designation map published for St Kitts.
When there was still a Sales Office on site, I did get them to hand draw for me which were where.
I am in Phuket at the mkment though, so don’t have that available.
The only simple buildings are Jessup, Westbury and Palmetto Houses which are exclusively Ocean Side.
All other buildings are different combinations of views by floor and even location on floor.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don’t mention Ocean Side, is that because the points needed are too high as they have the very best views.
Ocean Side is option I mention in second stay.
First stay is Ocean View vs Garden View?
Second is Ocean Side vs Garden?

For First is Ocean View worth the small amount of point upgrade?
For Second, is Ocean Side worth the larger point upgrade?
If I go with Garden is 2 balconies or 1 balcony better?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Side is option I mention in second stay.
First stay is Ocean View vs Garden View?
Second is Ocean Side vs Garden?

For First is Ocean View worth the small amount of point upgrade?
For Second, is Ocean Side worth the larger point upgrade?
If I go with Garden is 2 balconies or 1 balcony better?
OK, I see that now from looking back at your original post.
For First, the better Ocean Views can certainly be worth a small amount of point upgrade.
You just can’t guarantee getting the better ones though and if you don’t I find the best Garden Views are better than a small number of Ocean Views (just personal choice)
It is a relatively low cost / risk strategy though to use the extra points.
For second, if I could spare the larger number of points I would definitely choose Oceanside which has some great views especially on high floors in Westbury and Palmetto.