• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Star Options for Resort Credit

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I just got an e-mail stating I can use 9000 StarOptions to pay for $110 worth of resort credit. Not exactly a perfect deal, but when I have WAY TOO MANY options left due to health issues, this is very appealing. Especially at resorts like WLR and HRA where we charge so much to the resort. I like it!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the wording is a bit different from what Denise posted. It looks like you cannot use expiring SOs from this year for next year's stay. You can use this year's and next year's SOs for for this year's stay.

There is no mention as to whether you can use banked or restricted SOs. With Marriott, you are allowed to use points in Holding Account, which is their version of restricted SOs. I think MVC also allows banked points to be used for resort credit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just got an e-mail stating I can use 9000 StarOptions to pay for $110 worth of resort credit. Not exactly a perfect deal, but when I have WAY TOO MANY options left due to health issues, this is very appealing. Especially at resorts like WLR and HRA where we charge so much to the resort. I like it!
Did they mention that it could be used at all resorts? I think the other thread mentioned it was a pilot program and only Orlando and Hawaii.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I found the email- it went to my spam folder.

For a list of participating properties
and to add Resort Credit to your stay,
contact Owner Services at 800-847-8262.
Terms and Conditions

Only eligible Vacation Ownership Interests with Use Rights in the year of or the year after the resort credit transaction date are eligible. Multiple eligible VOIs may be combined and applied toward a resort credit booking.

Resort credit must be activated by the Owner at the Concierge Desk upon arrival.

Resort credit may only be used during the corresponding reservation occupancy. Any unused portion shall be nonrefundable, expire at check-out, and may not be transferred or applied to another reservation or future stay.

Any eligible items purchased with the resort credit and properly returned during the corresponding occupancy will result in a reinstatement of the appropriate amount to the resort credit. Eligible items purchased with the resort credit may not be returned after check-out.

Resort credit may only be applied at check-out for designated eligible amenity services, merchandise, and food and beverage outlets that are purchased on-site and charged to your villa folio. Not valid for room, tax, gift cards, gratuities, charitable donations or any other items, fees or services.

You may be subject to additional terms and conditions as set forth by the Resort or VSN Administrator.

Designated amenity services, merchandise, and food and beverage outlets are subject to change.

Cancellation Policy

Resort credits may only be canceled as a result of the cancellation of the associated reservation. Canceling a reservation with a resort credit will result in StarOptions being reinstated to the ownership account. The original expiration date of the StarOptions, prior to the resort credit transaction, will remain intact. Cancellations within 60 days of resort arrival will be reinstated as Restricted StarOptions. Cancellations must be made through Owner Services by calling 800-847-8262 or 407-903-4640 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time. Cancellations are all subject to the cancellation policy.

As a result of a resort reservation name change to a third party, StarOptions applied to a resort credit will be forfeited.

Reservation Validity

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Yes, you have to determine which resorts are participating, as apparently not all are. I just think if I can take advantage where I want, this can be great for me.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I called to get the list - many resorts are participating, including both Orlando resorts, all Hawaii (except the Sheraton Kauai), Steamboat, Myrtle Beach, Mountain Vista, Desert Willow, and some more. NOT on the list were two I really could use - Lagunamar and Harborside. BUMMER!