• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - 2020 Hyatt Maintenance Fees

cafeirene

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is some buggy behavior on the HRC site now that causes the processing of a payment to loop and fail (tho with NO error message) if you try to op out of the 'voluntary ARDA fee'. I tried several times yesterday and finally called, but since they were unable to send me an email receipt I declined. Today I tied again, several times, and finally just paid the $5 and it processed fine, and I have a receipt. I am NOT pleased, but my time trying to get their attention yesterday tells me there is no technical support available to the owners, and the call desk just says there is no problem. I have never had an issue paying on line before and declining the fee in previous years.

so, for a 1 Bdrm Premier Diamond Week (2200 pts)
2020 Maintenance Fees $1341.99
2020 Reserves 216.83
2020 Property Taxes 254.17
2020 Club Dues 157.00
2020 Carmel Area Wastewater 22.95
"Voluntary ARDA Contribution" 5.00
------------------------------------------
Total $1997.94

so another question that stings a bit is what is the added value to me as an owner to pay a club fee - is this just Marriott being greedy?

off2maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt Highlands Inn Carmel 1BR Platinum Season 2,000 points Annual

Maintenance Fee $1341.99
Replacement Reserve $216.83
Property Taxes $249.45
Club Dues $157.00
Carmel Wastewater Fee $22.95

Total $1,988.22

% increase over 2018 +7.9%

Question on the payment of "Property Taxes" on Highlands Inn TS: Is it part of the MF and paid by the property management, or is it paid separately as most California TS?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Question on the payment of "Property Taxes" on Highlands Inn TS: Is it part of the MF and paid by the property management, or is it paid separately as most California TS?
Unlike most other California timeshares, property taxes are paid by Hyatt management and reimbursed to them through annual MF. It's done for two reasons: 1) it's a nice convenience for HRC members; 2) it ensures the taxes get paid without delinquency issues so nothing goes awry from the standpoint of Monterey County.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
anybody post for High Sierra MF yet

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
High Sierra 2 bedroom

Maintenance Fee $876.01
Reserves $362.39
Property Taxes $92.91
Club Dues $157.00
Voluntary ARDA $5.00
TOTAL: $1493.31

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the breakdown for a Wild Oak 2br ?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
We paid an extra $100 on estimated taxes for Pinon Pointe which we typically do to ensure we don't lose out on a wait list. We just got a notice that we owed an extra 80 so sounds like 180 increase. We will call tomorrow to verify
I'm looking at buying at Pinon Pointe. Can you explain why you paid early? Did that allow you to convert to CUP early and book outside of your window?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
no, we usually pay early to get our wait list. If fees go up and you owe extra on top on the estimated , you can miss out of getting your wait list. Also if you go to book an internal or II exchange they will ask you to pay the difference. Unfortunately Hyatt does not always tell you you owe more so we try to call and check when we remember.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wild Oak Ranch 2BR Gold Even
I do not have the breakdown as it is part of closing so I just know the total.

Operating Fee: $816.91
Replacement Reserve: $221.26
Property Taxes: $144.07
Club Dues: $157.00
Arda: $5.00 (opted out)
Total $1,344.24

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
This is a excerpt of the proposed 2021 maintenance fees for Sunset Harbor. I'm no accountant but seems "management fees" and "reserves" are the large drivers of the proposed increase.
I was hoping an owner, experienced in these matters could comment. The link was attached to a BOD election notice.

1600434227061.png

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a excerpt of the proposed 2021 maintenance fees for Sunset Harbor. I'm no accountant but seems "management fees" and "reserves" are the large drivers of the proposed increase.
I was hoping an owner, experienced in these matters could comment. The link was attached to a BOD election notice.
You may want to post this in a new post since not many people look at the 2020 mf thread.

But are they saying there is a 41-43% increase in mfs at Sunset Harbor? Yikes!

Since you didn't post the proposed budget, I am not able to tell you where the increases came from -- the above is just a revenue projection. I suspect though that there might be more bad debt and HOA owned week inventory that might not have rented out due to COVID.

-ryan

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Until the budget is voted on its not final. Usually down voting a lot of the reserves happens which brings the budget back into a less eye popping increase. I received Beach House’s proposed budget the other day, and it has a similar “yikes” feeling to it, but it just includes all of the reserves that get removed after they are voted down.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "Proposed Budget" format in 2020 is different than previous years as the only budget shown is the version with full funding of Reserves. Previous years would have two versions: full funding and partial funding if waived by owners.