• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be there just a little bit later. We have a 2-week trip planned, first in a 3BR Penthouse at Lagoon Tower at the end of June, then to the Big Island for a 2BR in Kings Land first week of July. The penthouse was pricey in terms of TPU (low-mid 50s, IIRC) but that's okay.

We are on this trip now. Lagoon was fantastic, as is Kings Land. Just got back from snorkeling, where pasty-white me was the only person not to burn the backs of his legs---I'm totally paranoid about sunscreen, the rest of the family not so much apparently.

Also, on the way back, stopped at Umeka's in Kona for a poke bowl. $15 included a beer. As Alan put it: is this a great country or what?

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchanged into a 1 BR at Harborside spring break 2017 using a 1 BR Sheraton Broadway Plantation.:cheer:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Exchanged into a 1 BR at Harborside spring break 2017 using a 1 BR Sheraton Broadway Plantation.:cheer:

Be careful. We got the same thing on an exchange and ended up buying 2 weeks (resale, of course). We absolutely live it there.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval:
Each of these used a fixed-week deposit of *lightly* updated, 1950's-motel-like, no kitchen, no amenities, 2-person guest rooms from Harbor Landing in Vineyard Haven. All except MKO were done within 59 days of trip; this is because having these (inherited) studios means I cannot book larger units in advance, only 2 person units. I hold out for better ones by waiting; sometimes I get them. MKO was booked in early Feb. 2016.

• Studio #351 - Harborside Inn in Edgartown MA; Sept 27-Oct 3, 2015 (their trades are for specific weeks and specific owner deposit units owned that week) (HIC)
  • Studio GV - Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge; Oct 3-10, 2015 (MCV)
  • 2 bdrm 2 ba OV - Marriott Waiohai Kauai; Oct 30-Nov 6, 2015 (MAW)
  • 1 bdrm 2 ba IV - Marriott Maui Ocean Club; June 5-12, 2016 (MMO)
  • 1 bdrm 2 ba GV - Marriott Maui Ocean Club; June 5-12, 2016 (MMO)
  • Studio IV - Marriott Ko Olina; July 2-9, 2016 (MKO)
  • 1 bdrm 2 ba OV - Marriott Kauai Beach Club; Aug 13-20, 2016 (MKW)

RCI
By depositing 205K Wyndham Points from our Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk property and booking in Feb. 2015, we got:

• 2 bdrm 2 ba "Plus" view (Golfcourse/Pool) Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacation Club in Waikaloa, HI; Nov 19-26, 2016

Guitarmom

Reaction score
Little Welk for Big Welk

I have a fun story to tell. About six months ago, my family asked me to do replay of the family reunion we had at Welk two years ago. I had a small one bedroom Welk Villas on the Green deposited with II, and I booked it with an upgrade fee for a two-bedroom Welk Resort Villa.

Now I needed a second unit for the same week. Since I had residual points in my account at RCI, I put in an ongoing search for the same dates. I waited and waited and waited; I checked yet again last night. That week never showed up.

This morning I decided it was time to try an ongoing search with II. I called, and during the requisite security Q&A, I signed into RCI to cancel that search. Bingo, the week I'd been searching for was there waiting for my confirmation! I sheepishly said to the II rep, "I'm sorry. RCI just fulfilled this request for me." II graciously wished me well.

That makes a small one bedroom traded for a two-bedroom and residual points traded for a two-bedroom, both for the same seven days. I couldn't be happier with these trades.

California Family Reunion, here we come!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been on my bucket list for a while....

Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Sedona. April 2017. 2 Bedroom

II, used OGS with summer Kings Creeks Plantation (Williamsburg).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We loved it. I read some reviews critical of the "aging" property needing updates, and I thought that was a bit ridiculous. It's themed to the area and beautiful. It was quite comfortable.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cottage at Christmas mountain traded to charter club of Marco island

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchanged a 1-bedroom Shadow Ridge for a 1-bedroom Samoset for the first week of October 2017. Hoping for a colorful fall season, but excited about the trade nonetheless. :)

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't exactly an exchange as I am a Hilton member. This past summer I was able to get into The District by Hilton Club for the 4th of July week. It's the top 2 floors of the Embassy Suites in Georgetown area in Washington DC. It had only opened up June 1.

What made it so wonderful was that I had already had hotel reservations at a hotel on the outskirts of DC. We were going to take a 35 minute train ride into DC everyday. I was not will to pay the price of a hotel located close to the National Mall.

Then in May I learned here on TUG that The District was opening. Is was so sweet. As I had plenty of HGVC points that saved our family a lot of money. The location was awesome. We walked to the National Mall, Smithsonians, Whitehouse, and caught the metro back if we were tired. Both Whole Food & Trader Joes is a 10 minute walk. I jogged along the Patomac in the morning. We ate and window shopped in Georgetown just down the street.

Another big plus was that we got the Embassy Suites cook to order breakfest everyday for free! No extra cost. Since we had taken the train to DC and didn't have a rental car, we didn't have to pay expensive parking fee.

The unit was really nice. I felt pampered. And the HGVC staff was really nice too. Do I sound excited? Yes! I was all set to pay $$ for an average hotel outside the district but instead I got to stay at a georgeous timeshare suite in the heart of the city for free.

privera

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have two Manhattan Club Time shares. One we use through out the year to stay at the Big Apple the other we exchange through RCI and always get at least 2 plus resorts for our extended family. This year we got one week in June at Costa Del Sol , Spain (great RCI resort) and an additional one week in August in the Berkshires. With an extended famil of 15 including 7 grand kids......the formula always works.......be well

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I just used my last eplus retrade to trade my DSV2 studio (original deposit) into a Hyatt Highlands Inn 1 bedroom in June 2017. It's been on my timeshare bucket list for a long time and I was shocked to see it pop up.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just used my last eplus retrade to trade my DSV2 studio (original deposit) into a Hyatt Highlands Inn 1 bedroom in June 2017. It's been on my timeshare bucket list for a long time and I was shocked to see it pop up.
Wow! That is an incredible exchange with a re-trade. I would love to get Hyatt Highlands Inn sometime. I keep trying to get that through an ongoing search, and I never get a match. I keep my fingers crossed. We babysit for our granddaughter and have to give our daughter-in-law a lot of notice for our trips. I couldn't take advantage of a few I saw online because either we had something already for the dates, or we just couldn't go that week.

taffy19

Reaction score
That is a fantastic trade at a classic, beautiful resort at a super location but it has to be clear or you do not see the beauty of the coast.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Where is Hyatt Highlands Inn at and have you heard good things about this TS, I need to start expaing my horizoons

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is Hyatt Highlands Inn at and have you heard good things about this TS, I need to start expaing my horizoons

Hyatt Highlands Inn is in Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA just up the road from Big Sur. Spectacular scenery any time of the year.

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got back to back Imperial Hawaii vacation club two bedrooms using a DAE deposited Silver Sands (SA) timeshare that I had received a deposit one week get two weeks credit. I did have to pay an upgrade fee from the one bedroom for two but to snag even one Hawaii week, much less two is really great. This is for next November, it will cover Thanksgiving, guess instead of a Turkey we will be eating Pineapple!!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got back to back Imperial Hawaii vacation club two bedrooms using a DAE deposited Silver Sands (SA) timeshare that I had received a deposit one week get two weeks credit. I did have to pay an upgrade fee from the one bedroom for two but to snag even one Hawaii week, much less two is really great. This is for next November, it will cover Thanksgiving, guess instead of a Turkey we will be eating Pineapple!!
Wow that is great! Didn't realize those were still pulling like that--maybe I should try DAE. Congrats!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Island Links
We own at Island Links 2bdr in Hilton Head
Summer Platinum week.

Typically use our unit for trade...
The past few years our trades have been:
July 2016 Marriott Lakeshore Reserve 2bdr
June 2014 Marriott Lakeshore Reserve 1bdr
July 2013 Hyatt Coconut Plantation 2bdr
July 2012 Hyatt Coconut Plantation 2bdr

Waiting to see what we land this year?
Hoping for summer week 2bdr at
Surfwatch 25% chance????
Lakeshore 95%
Crystal Shores ( not likely) .00001 :)
Aruba Surf 75%
Aruba Ocean 75%
Ocanwatch Myrtle 25%

What do you think my chances are at each?

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Through an ongoing II search, I traded my summer Williamsburg Plantation 2BR for a late August 2017 2BR at Suites at Hershey.

sb74

TUG Member
Reaction score
We snagged a 3 BR at the Marriott Imperial Palms the week of Christmas this year with a 2 BR SBP Gold Plus -- hard to believe Week 51 was part of the "leftovers" inventory. I think that was a pretty great exchange?