TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky - Please post your GREAT (current) exchanges here.

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by lgreenspan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. littlestar

littlestar TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Disney, Marriott, FWM & Wyndham pts
    2 HGVC 1 bedroom's at Kalia Suites for same check in date using my Wyndham points through RCI.

2. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

Traded: Vacation Internationale points (1 bedroom).
    Received: Marriott's Ko'Olina 2-bedrooms for November 2017.

WyldSmurf and klpca like this.
  3. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

We made two outstanding trades this spring

A> Traded a labor day , 1 bd at the mountainside lodge in Whistler Received second week of July in a 1 bd at the Hyatt Highlands inn in Carmel

B> Traded an October week in a 1 bd at Club Intrawest in Whistler Received second week of July in a 1 bd at the Hyatt Highlands inn in Carmel

YES we got two units at the Hyatt in Carmel for mid July!!

Caligirlfrtx, klpca and TUGBrian like this.
  4. icydog

icydog TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I exchanged a Silver (winter week) three bedroom at Marriott's Surfwatch in Hilton Head for a two bedroom at Marriott's Maui Lahaina and Nepali towers high season July 8-15, 2018
    I exchanged 40,000 RCI points for a two bedroom HGVC's Kingsland Resort in October 2018.
    I exchanged a summer Gold week at Marriott's Oceana Palms for a week 7 February 10-17 Platinum Oceana Palms.
    I exchanged (2) one bedroom villas at Marriott's Willow Ridge for a Platinum two bedroom at Marriott Fairway Villas for June 24-July 1 and the other one for the following week July 1 -July 8, 2018

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    hudshut and TUGBrian like this.
  5. K2Quick

K2Quick TUG Member

My ongoing request came through this morning Worldmark for Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (MMO) 2 BR checking in 11/26. It didn't have the best chance to succeed because I had narrowed my request down to that specific date but it came through. I would have preferred either MM1 or WKORV, but I'll take it.

hudshut, mauitraveler and klpca like this.
  6. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    I just booked a week on the Tradewinds French Polynesia sailing. (29 TPU's plus the exchange fee or $339 to rent. How do they price these things, lol?) It will be pricey but since I'm getting rid of RCI I figured that now was the time.

taffy19 likes this.
  7. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

Traded: Vacation Internationale points (1 bedroom)
    Received: Westin's Nanea 2 bedrooms for 12/2/17

DaveHenry, klpca and hudshut like this.
  8. winger

winger TUG Member

Traded: Marriott Manor Club 2BD Platinum Summer 2018 week
    Received: Marriott Ko Olina 2BD for 11/16/2018 (which I refused) then 11/18/2018 (which I am keeping)

9. WyldSmurf

WyldSmurf TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Legends Edge
    Marriott Aruba Surf Club
    Marriott Destination Points
    Traded: Marriott's Legends Edge Gold Season (week 8)
    Received: Thanksgiving week Marriott's Ocean Point (Sun to Sun the day I wanted)

10. DaveHenry

DaveHenry Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Traded: RCI Points
    Received: Late September 1 BR Clubhouse Cortina (Vienna, Austria)

11. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

Wow - just sitting there for the taking. Marriott Ocean Club, Aruba 1BR - thanksgiving week! Nov 19-26th!
    Snagged it with a non Marriott non rated trade!

mauitraveler and taterhed like this.
  12. dominidude

dominidude TUG Member

If you have exchanges you are happy about this year, let us know. I'll start.

These are my exchanges so far this year:

II
    deposit W'burg plantation (high season) exchange into Marriott Barony HHI (high season)

RCI
    Deposit Branson's nantucket (high season) exchange into The quarter Ocean City (high season)

SFX
    Deposit 1bdr Kings Creek (high season) exchange into 2bdr Grand Bliss Vidanta Rivera Maya (high season)

What would have made it better is if I could have made these through TUG timeshare exchange, that way I could have saved on the exchange fee as well.

For the trip to Rivera Maya, I'm using a bunch of Southwest points I've been religiously amassing for the past year, so I'm really looking forward to that trip.

TUGBrian, klpca and Panina like this.
  13. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Happy with my exchanges in II for this year:

1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis (Platinum Plus season) to 1BR Westin Mission Hills (Platinum Plus season)
    Studio Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I (Red season) to 1BR Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II (Red season)
    1BR Sheraton Desert Oasis (Platinum Plus season) to 1BR Marriott's Canyon Villas (Platinum season)
    Studio Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I (Red Season) to 2BR Marriott's Newport Coast (Platinum season)

FamilyEsq and Panina like this.
  14. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    I'm happy too - in fact I've never been unhappy with our trades over the past seven years. Btw, fun thread idea!

II
    1 bedroom SDO (A) into Northstar Lodge (Truckee) - summer 2018
    1 bed DSVII into Northstar Lodge (Truckee) - summer 2018 (two concurrent units for a mini-family reunion)
    1 bedroom SDO (B) into Sedona Summit 2 bedroom for a holiday week - 2018

RCI weeks
    8 TPU's into Explorean Cozumel - spring 2018
    39 TPU's for a 2 bedroom at Kohala Suites in June 2018
    Not an exchange but paid $339 for a week on a Tradewinds cruise in French Polynesia in the fall. We're so excited about this trip!

RCI via HGVC
    Back to back weeks in France (Paris/Normandy) next fall using HGVC points, and I still have enough leftover to book a long weekend somewhere.

I still have six weeks on deposit at various places that all expire in 2019. I will be scrambling for a little while longer to get these weeks used. Not quite sure how, although I expect to use eplus to extend the II deposits, and perhaps the free SFX extension available with a new deposit.

Panina likes this.
  15. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Grand Luxxe
    RCI points
    Part of a Massanutten Woodstone 2 BR week for a 2 BR Grand Mayan Riviera Maya week in January - got upgraded to a Jungle Luxxe!

1 free week at Vacation Village at Weston for their anniversary in February

SFX
    Massanutten Summit 2 BR for a Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya in April

RCI points
    The other half of my Woodstone lockout for a week at Bay Club at Waikoloa and a week at Kauai Beach Resort

SFX
    Bonus week at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, plus 5 free days at Buganvilias for depositing last year with them

Plus a few weeks I own without exchanging. Not a bad year!

dominidude and Panina like this.
  16. classiclincoln

classiclincoln TUG Member

We've also never been unhappy with our exchanges. We've been very fortunate to get some really great trades with our units (which I'm hoping will make it easier to sell them). Here are the trades we've gotten in 2017 and 2018:

Week 21 3 BR Grande Vista to week 2 studio SVC @Waikiki Marina @ the Ilikai
    Week 14 2 BR Grand Chateau to week 6 2 BR Acoya Private Residences in Curacao
    Week 49 1 BR Renaissance Aruba to week 50 studio Bluebeard's Castle in St. Thomas (cancelled hurricane)

Week 21 3 BR Grande Vista to week 43 2 BR Marriott's Ocean Watch Villas @ Grand Dunes, Myrtle Beach
    Week 12 BR Grand Chateau to week 5 BR Marriott's St. Kitt's Beach Club
    Week 49 1 BR Renaissance Aruba to week 18 1 BR Bluewater Resort & Marina, Hilton Head

We also just got (pending confirmation) a week 52 1 BR unit at the RIU in Aruba (non AI) with our 2019 Renaissance Aruba week 49!!!

Yay!

dominidude and Panina like this.
  17. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Agree also. I've been exchanging through one timeshare exchange company for 33 years. I am very happy about all of my exchanges this year, as I am every year.

Two exchanges are taking us to areas we've never been (Cancun and Santa Fe), one is taking us back to a much loved timeshare cottage that we enjoyed previously on beautiful Hilton Head, and two are trades back into resorts where I own in areas I never grow tired of (Virginia Beach oceanfront and North Carolina's Outer Banks).

I will not be extending my membership in 2019 with RCI. While I've always enjoyed every exchange, it's time to head in a new direction!

Agreed!

18. rboesl

rboesl TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
    Vidanta Grand Mayan
    Villa del Arco Cobo
    Grandview Las Vegas
    Vacation Village at Bonaventure
    In 2017 I was able to use points from my February Aruba studio to book a studio at Morritt's Tortuga on Grand Cayman and a studio at MVC at Melia Caribe Tropical in Dominican Republic (both also in February). Then sold the Morritt's to cover better than half my Aruba maintenance fees.

dominidude likes this.
  19. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

I’m super excited about the unit I just found sitting in inventory yesterday!
    Traded 1BR coconut palms II new Smyrna winter week for 1BR at Marriott ocean club Aruba for thanksgiviing week. With a Monday start, perfect for us!

20. eschjw

eschjw TUG Member

I deposited my 1 bedroom deluxe HICV Las Vegas Desert Club 2017 NYE week with DAE. I got 2 exchanges for the 1 deposit. I booked a 1 bedroom Imperial Hawaii Vacation Club for April 2018 and a 2 bedroom Bella Vista Village Greens II June 2018.

I have posted my 2018 NYE 1 bedroom deluxe HICV Las Vegas Desert Club week in the Owner Exchange Forum looking for Yellowstone area 2019 or Santa Fe early Oct. 2019.

21. Bailey#1

Bailey#1 TUG Member

Basically, I got these two for my one deposit with RCI.
    Traded my Avenue Plaza 1BR NOLA for 1 week in Sedona at Arroyo Roble resort 2BR in March, and 1 week at HGVC at Tuscany Orlando 2 BR in November.

klpca likes this.
  22. kherbold

kherbold TUG Member

I exchange quite a bit.
    Since I live a lot of the year in Baja Sur
    I find it easy to exchange into the resorts in a and near Cabo... just for a getaway.

My timeshare is the Kuhio Banyan... never been there.... just use it as a trader thru RCI
    My one week at the Banyan gets me 4 or 5 weeks in Mexico... so that's a great deal for me.

klpca likes this.
  23. exyeh

exyeh TUG Member

Hi, Vacation Forever: Is this because you paid $199 upgrade fee so you can exchange into a 1/2 bedroom units?

Studio Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I (Red season) to 1BR Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II (Red season)

Studio Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I (Red Season) to 2BR Marriott's Newport Coast (Platinum season)

Thank you for helping in advance!!

24. NYFLTRAVELER

NYFLTRAVELER TUG Member

4000 Marriott DC points exchanged for 3 units at Vidanta Grand Luxxe Rivera Maya (2 one BR & 1 studio) for group of 8 traveling.

25. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    My 2 bedroom Quarter House for a 2 bedroom at SPINNAKER AT SHIPYARD for this summer. This was a $125 direct trade thru the Quarter House...

klpca likes this.