• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

DAA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau - Platinum Season
Marriott Grand Vista - Platinum Season
Windjammer Landing Saint Lucia - Week 11
II Trade

I traded a two bedroom Marriott Cypress Harbour week March 13-20th for a two bedroom Marriott Aruba Surf September 18th-25th. This is my very first trade as I just closed on the Marriott in November so I was happy with the trade. I tried for two hours to find a two bedroom unit at that time. Finally got it at 2 a.m. I guess persistance pays off. I originally saw the unit earlier in the evening and I checked flights first and by the time I went back it was gone. I guess I learned if you want something don't procrastinate:doh:

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI trade

Studio Scottsdale villa Mirage Jan 2010 traded for 2 bedroom Grand Mayan Cabo Feb 2011

taffy19

Reaction score
II trade

Our trade window was very narrow as we wanted to add a second week (#11) to the week we had already (#12) in the same resort (MM1) and we got it within a day so we were very pleased. :) We don't have to find a rental now as we hardly ever deposit a week so cannot exchange.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I traded a Oct studio week at Whistler for a April week at a 2bd in Newport Coast (SoCal)

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
On Nov 27 I exchanged my II deposited Vail Marriott Streamside Birch 1 bdrm Thanksgiving 2009 week 47 for Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau 2 bdrm week 52 (New Years)--flexchange

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I traded a Oct studio week at Whistler for a April week at a 2bd in Newport Coast (SoCal)

I traded a 1 Bedroom May week at this same Whistler resort - the lowest demand week in Whistler according to II's index - for a 2 Bedroom week 24 at the Royal Haciendas. Request only took about a week to be confirmed.

kedler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Marriott Interval Desk and when I couldn't get the dates I wanted he broadened the search and offered me the 3 bdrm.

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI

Last minute exchange of an invisible 28K Wyndham week for a two bedroom unit at Casa Ybel Resort (Hyatt) on Sanibel Island on 1/2/09.

deh333

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded a bonus week that I got for depositing a float at Trapp Family Lodge, for a 3BR Marriott Grand Vista for Easter Week!!:D

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hyatt for Marriott's Ko'Olina

Traded 430 Hyatt vacation club points for 1 week in a studio Marriott's Ko'Olina March 6-13.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Hyatt system, 430 points is about 22% of the 1880 points we are allotted each year for our late May/early June 2BR week at Hyatt High Sierra in Tahoe.

We were already planning a vacation driving up the California coast that week. But then we saw the Ko'Olina week and managed to snag a pair of FF tickets and a 9-day car rental for $200 and 2 nights SPG reward stay at the Westin Moana Surfrider in Waikiki. So Oahu it is!

H

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
II: Easter week at Marriott's Legend Edge

In late Sept, I placed an ongoing request for a 2bd during Easter Week, 2010.

Just confirmed into MLE, Panama City, FL, 4/4-4/11, using our 2009 summer Harbor Ridge unit.

Wasn't expecting to match anything at this late date, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Lucky7

TUG Member
Reaction score
San Luis Bay Inn

We exchange primarily thru II using Diamond points. We just got back from a trade thru "The Club". Spent a wonderful week in a 2BR Loft unit overlooking the Pacific at Otter Crest, Oregon.

Next up (II trades): Highlands Inn, Carmel, CA and Marriott's Newport Coast Villas in Newport, CA.

Hi Minnie,
We see that you own at San Luis Bay Inn. We share your excellent taste as we have been very fortunate to trade for the Christmas Holidays for the last three years at San Luis Bay Inn through II. Our dream is to own at San Luis Bay Inn during that time.

Wishing you many more years of successful time sharing.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded fixed week 28 at Sheraton Vistana Resorts, two bedroom townhouse, for a two bedroom two bath at Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, August 29 - Sept. 5 2010. I did not have a request, I saw the unit available in the exchange system and grabbed it.

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded one bedroom Marriott Canyon Villa's gold for two bedroom Ocean Pointe for this November, which I believe is also gold.

Bxian

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just traded a portion of our May 1-May 8 2010 2 B/R week at the Charter Club of Marco Island for 3 nights in a 1 B/R at the Hilton Craigendarroch in Scotland in early September 2010. We are combining the 3 Hilton Craigendarroch nights with a 2 night stay at the Caledonian Hilton in Edinburgh, Scotland, 1 night at the Hilton Colyumbridge Hotel in Aviemore, Scotland and 1 night at the Hilton hotel in Glasgow, Scotland. All of the hotel nights are free using Hilton Honors reward certificates.

We also are keeping 4 nights in a 2 B/r using what is left of our original May week at the Charter Club and will add 2 free hotel nights (one at the airport o our way in and one at the Hilton Naples) to extend our time in Florida by a couple of days.

Finally, we are spending 3 nights at the Doubletree Key West at the end of Feb. after I attend a work conference (free nights at the Doubletree also free using Hilton reward certificates.) Hilton is devaluing the Hilton Honors points after 1/14/10, so if you see any reward stay plans in your future, now is the time to make them!

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
RCI Exchange

I have a 2bedroom gold week at HGVC Flamingo. I traded into a studio at the Manhattan Club in June for a little less than 1/2 the points for for my HGVC week. Did it via an ongoing search put in a while ago. The trade came through after a couple of months and that was probably about 6-8 months ago. I am so excited as I have never been to New York.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a 2bedroom gold week at HGVC Flamingo. I traded into a studio at the Manhattan Club in June for a little less than 1/2 the points for for my HGVC week. Did it via an ongoing search put in a while ago. The trade came through after a couple of months and that was probably about 6-8 months ago. I am so excited as I have never been to New York.

I hope you have a great time - it's a place unlike anywhere else. And what a nice time of year to go - we were there in November and it was COLD!!

Congrats.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use my wyndham blue studio and got a 2 bedroom 21/2 baths wyndham mauna Lao at big island Hawaii. I have an ongoing request and go match within 1 week

bzzybee13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Desert for Dreams Puerto Aventuras

Hi! Just exchanged a Wyndham Grand Desert (Las Vegas) generic red studio week for a studio at Dreams Puerto Aventuras in Playa del Carmen Mexico 5/29-6/5. I know it's pretty easy to get a Mexico trade, but this is one of only 4 resorts in the area that accept 3 year olds at their kids club, and it's newly renovated and beautiful, so I'm very pleased! Now onto the planning phase...

:banana:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Italy

I got back-to-back May weeks using the Points side of my RCI account.

Tuscany - Il Poggio (#4182) - Got 2 one bedrooms here.
(I manually checked each day as the travel window opened.)

Venice - I Gioielli del Doge (#3577) - One bedroom
(Had an ongoing search for Venice in the Weeks part of my Points account.)

We are adding 4 nights in Rome to the front end of the trip.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Kona Coast Resort, Hawaii for April, 2010.
HGVC West 57 Street in Manhattan New York City for August 2010,

Both exchanges through SFX.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Donatello for Big Island

We just traded our Donatello studio in San Francisco for The Big Island
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort.
Bart

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded my week 32 Hemlock at Boyne for a week 51(2010) Hemlock at Boyne.