• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

CARTER281

TUG Member
Reaction score
traded week 41 2008 2 bedroom suites at hershey 10 months out for week 26 2010 2 bedroom at lawrence welk resort (lwr)

brankatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded Sanibel 2 BR. Week 31 for DVC Wilderness Villa 1 Br. Week 51 DEC. 18-25 2010. On RCI with ongoing Search. Also Traded 2 Br. Gold Crown Orange Lake Country Club Week 7 Presidents Week for June 3 Br. Ocean City, Maryland 2011.

daileyad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our 1st trade:

Sheraton Desert Oasis 1 bedroom under new II rules for Marriott Kauai Beach Club 1 bedroom week 51.

pt181

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great trades with SFX

We've traded our 1BR Schooner Landing (Oregon Coast) summer week 3 times with SFX and had GREAT trades plus 3 "bonus" weeks. We did join as platinum members:

1BR Wyndham Waikiki - fall
plus $280 bonus at 1BR Carlsbad Inn - spring

1BR Kauai Coast Resort - fall
plus $399 bonus at 2BR Polo Towers - spring

2BR HGVC Las Vegas Strip - spring
plus $399 bonus at 1BR HGVC South Beach - spring

The problem with SFX is that I can't search online for availability and never know if or when one of our requests will be fulfilled. I just joined RCI and deposited a week to see how it compares - I saw 135K possible matches - not all the best quality, but - wow!

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
DSV II 1 BR (Wk 50) exchanged to Kauai Beach Club 1BR (July 2010).
DSV II Eff (Wk 50) exchanged to Kona Coast II 1BR (July 2010).

The requests were placed on 12-22-2009.

Kauai got confirmed one day later.

Kona Coast II got confirmed around 1/1/10, but we declined, hoping something better would come along (we asked for Kona Coast to be removed from our search list).

On Mar 4th we were beginning to get anxious about our efficiency exchanging for anything, so we called II to ping them. We got a second confirmation for Kona Coast II the next day. Don't know how it got back on the list, but we decided to take it.

So, we were able to exchange a Platinum DSV II for two adjacent Hawaii summer weeks. Not bad for our first exchange!

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be happy with Kona Coast Resort. We stayed there 2 years ago and I would stay there again. Nice resort in a good location.

Dave

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We will be at Kona Coast Resort II in a 1BR unit next month and the following week at Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk in a 2BR, 2BA Deluxe unit.

Last edited:

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchanged a handful of cheaply acquired RCI Points for a lg 2BR at Schooner Landing on the Oregon Coast in mid summer.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Exchanged a handful of cheaply acquired RCI Points for a lg 2BR at Schooner Landing on the Oregon Coast in mid summer.

Now, that is a fantastic exchange!! Let me know if you can't go - we can maybe work something out.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Used the sightings board for the first time WOW!

:cheer:

I am thrilled! I have owned Dikhololo for two years and I have just been depositing my weeks in RCI. By just depositing my weeks, I mean putting my weeks in and getting nothing back out. I did deposit early.

I have been just poking around in various places, mostly using the reviews and comparing it to various things that I thought that I might be interested in buying on ebay.

While reading newbie advice, I saw mention of the sightings thread.

I just exchanged my October 2008 Dikhololo 2 bedroom for a Disney Beach Club one bedroom for a week in June!!! The week I got is my husband's birthday!!! I am thrilled!!!

:cheer:

I own at SSR and OKW and DH has never wanted to spend the extra points to stay at BCV (But I always wanted to!)

Elaine :cheer:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That is another great exchange. Congratulations.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was especially delighted because those weeks expire soon and I was going to lose them. Now we will NEED annual passes for WDW!

Elaine

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
congrats! thanks to that board we booked AKV and WLV for our upcoming trip!

lorilulu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmed for Marriott's Ko Olina for a studio, July 23rd to the 30th,2010. Put in a request first with II to trade my Maui West Gardens using the same dates. This is my first trade and the first time to Ko Olina too.
I think it's all good-:)

carolinept

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just traded my Marriott Waiohai unit for Marriott SurfWatch. Didn't do the request-first until a couple of weeks ago, actually had to TURN DOWN a successful trade four days later (long story), just confirmed yesterday for 5/30/10.

We almost always rent our unit out and then rent where we want to go, but chickened out this year after a couple of renters fell through. I just didn't want to sweat it out to the end this year (the rental week at Waiohai was in August) so we're pretty happy.

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thank you for the signtings board. I got the trade to Vistana Beach Club for next March for my husband that he REALLY wanted. Traded our Summer Bay Las Vegas.

Love Tug!

Anne

yeereid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Shearwater-Kauai
Maui Sunset
I just traded my 2BR Maui Sunset II (June 4-11, 2011) for HGVC King's Land Oct 2011! SO excited! I've stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa Resort Hotel before so this will be even better with the newness and unit size!

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your best II Getaway or RCI Extra Vacation deal?

Not really a true "Exchanging" topic, but I'm curious about your best Getaway or Extra Vacation deal. When I'm looking for a vacation, I always check what is available for rent on II and RCI. I've seen the usual high-priced offers, but every once in awhile I spot an incredible deal - NOT last minute either. (Those are great, but I need more time to plan.) When I see these bargains, I wonder if they are a mistake - why aren't they available as a exchange? And why are they so inexpensive? If I were an owner, I'd be... not so thrilled.

Here are some examples from last year:

2BR October Westin Kaanapali Villas 10 months out - $1,000
1BR July Marriott Maui (older section) 12 months out - $700
2BR March Marriott Kauai Waiohai 12 months out - $700

I'm wondering if a lot of Tuggers are getting these deals? I sure hope so!

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's our favourite II Getaway deal:

2BR October Ochos Cascadas 2 months out - $372

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI-Bougainvillea Beach Resort (#3686)

Traded a Sedona Springs Studio unit for a 1 bedroom at Bougainvillea Beach Resort (#3686) Christ Church, Barbados April 2012 through a ongoing search.

Dave

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Not really a true "Exchanging" topic, but I'm curious about your best Getaway or Extra Vacation deal. When I'm looking for a vacation, I always check what is available for rent on II and RCI. I've seen the usual high-priced offers, but every once in awhile I spot an incredible deal - NOT last minute either. (Those are great, but I need more time to plan.) When I see these bargains, I wonder if they are a mistake - why aren't they available as a exchange? And why are they so inexpensive? If I were an owner, I'd be... not so thrilled.

Here are some examples from last year:

2BR October Westin Kaanapali Villas 10 months out - $1,000
1BR July Marriott Maui (older section) 12 months out - $700
2BR March Marriott Kauai Waiohai 12 months out - $700

I'm wondering if a lot of Tuggers are getting these deals? I sure hope so!

wow, those are some great deals :clap: Thanks for sharing :)

I've seen some fantastic Getaway deals. Even some of the high priced ones in Hawaii are great deals when you compare it to the prices of a hotel rooms in the area. If I had more vacation time I would have taken one of the Marriott's Ko Olina two bedroom getaway weeks currently going for less $300/night.

Here's what I've booked so far.
2BR October 2010 Marriott's Frenchman's Cove 12 months out - $885 (final price after taxes and $25 II Gold discount)
2BR August 2010 Marriott's Marriott's Oceana Palms 4 months out - $537 (final price after taxes and $25 II Gold discount)

Last edited:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
congrats, fellow Ohioan

Traded a Sedona Springs Studio unit for a 1 bedroom at Bougainvillea Beach Resort (#3686) Christ Church, Barbados April 2012 through a ongoing search.

Dave

If you haven't been to Barbados before, I can give you ideas/suggestions of where to eat and what to see. DD & her family lived there for the last 5 years and just moved back to the states last Dec.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded my 2 bedroom Banff Rocky Mountain Resort week 29 for a 2 bedroom oceanfront August week at Marriott Barony Beach Hilton Head. Already have a deal for next summer's week at Banff for a spring or summer week at any Hyatt 2 bedroom. All done for $0 on the TUG exchange board. :clap:

Joan