• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded Sheraton Broadway Plantation 1br for Hilton Hawaiian Village Kalia Tower 1br.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded Marriott Ocean Watch June week for Marriott Waiohai May week, 2011. Also, got Paradise Village Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Vallarta in December with an AC.

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Blvd, 3 bed, June 2011

Just traded a 28K generic getting ready to expire for a 3 bedroom Ocean Blvd, Tower 4 for the last week in June 2011. Total cost of points and exchange fee ........ $315.

My husband says were not going, but with 11 siblings and tons of adult nieces and nephews, I grabbed it anyways. Figured if I couldn't talk him into, for $315, anyone in my family would take it.

Joan-OH

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Pacific Palisades

Using SFX bonus week, obtained a two bedroom, 4th of July week at Grand Pacific Palisades :cheer:

Tommart

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Virginia to Orlando Area

I just traded a one-bedroom Woodstone at Massanutten August week for a 3-bedroom at Lake Orange Resort in early January through RCI Weeks.

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Deposited our 2011 Wis Dells 2bd unit in Aug, 2010, to get the AC.

Used the AC for a June 2bd Marriott's Harbour Lake(gifted to a deserving teacher). Exchanged the Dells unit for a 1bd Villa del Palmar Flamingos Feb 2012.

Total including mf/exch fee/AC fee/2yrs II membership = $1340. I'm a happy timeshare owner this year:)

PeelBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded my hotel unit Myrtle Beach Plantation Resort to a hotel room in Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Cost of $70 per night (MF + exchange fee) for benefit of $250 per night (fair market value).

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded two Marriott Desert Spring studios for two two bedrooms units at Marriott Ko Olina in January.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded my Mayan Palace New Years HU into HGVC Kingsland 2 bd.

gohabs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded a 28k wyndham points (blue studio) for a 2 bd HGVC on International Drive for Sept 2011... Thanks to all of you for all the information you offer on this site..

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Using Interval AC (for joining Destinations Club), snapped up a Memorial Day Week 2 bedroom at Oyster Bay Beach Club in St. Maarten.

lawgs

Reaction score
Traded OLCC 2 br. for 3 Br.Ocean City Maryland June 2011. Also OLCC for Disney's Vero Beach July 2010. OLCC for West 57th NYC December 11-18 2011. Traded Sanibel Beach Club for Disney Fort Wilderness Dec 18-25, 2010.

was that fort wilderness or DVC Wilderness lodge ????

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded 2 generic wyndham deposits, red studio and 1 br, for 2 concurrent 1 br weeks at PB Sunset in March

mcmanust

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded two Marriott Desert Spring studios for two two bedrooms units at Marriott Ko Olina in January.

How can you trade a studio for a 2-bedroom. When I entered my 2 bedroom exchange (which sleeps 8), I couldn't enter 8 people, and had to change it to 6. And, I couldn't enter a 3 bedroom. :shrug:

jenniferhu

Reaction score
Traded SDO for KAA

Traded with II my 1 bdr SDO for 2 bdr KAA for next summer... so excited. :cheer:

jenniferhu

Reaction score
How can you trade a studio for a 2-bedroom. When I entered my 2 bedroom exchange (which sleeps 8), I couldn't enter 8 people, and had to change it to 6. And, I couldn't enter a 3 bedroom. :shrug:

You have to enter the max occupants for the unit you own/deposited. Does that help? I own a 1 bdr, so I can only search for < or = 4 occupants.

theduffster

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded our studio at Mountainside Resort at Stowe (week 51) for a one-bedroom at Island Park Village Resort near the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park the end of May, beginning of June!

Very excited now, and I have a lot of planning to do!!

badbeatjackpot

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first trade on II and now I'm hooked!

Traded my May studio in Whistler for a 2 bedroom Four Seasons Scottsdale Residence Club Troon North in Feb. Perfect time for golf as it's -22 Celsius in Calgary (-7.6 Fahrenheit)

I felt so happy with the trade/experience that I wanted to support TUG and bought a membership. lol

strick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received confirmation from on-going request in II using 2BR Sheraton Vistana Resort. Traded into Royal Caribbean in Cancun 2BR for our 20th anniversary June 2012 :cheer:

Tommart

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Orange Lake Follow Up

I just traded a one-bedroom Woodstone at Massanutten August week for a 3-bedroom at Lake Orange Resort in early January through RCI Weeks.

Just got back from Orange Lake. Had a wonderful time. Best timeshare that I've ever stayed. Quality furnishings, lot's of space, nice resort, friendly staff, and good location.

I traded prior to the Nov. 15 new transparent system. However, my RCI History shows that I traded my 18 TP August week at Woodstone for this 16 TP unit. It's off season, but well worth 16 TPs.

Had I traded under the new system, I would have received 2 TPs in change.

hockman4357

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to a confirmation for a 3/18/2011 check-in at the Marriott's Newport Coast Villas (2 Bdrm). This is a 4,000 Worldmark credit Flexchange, so no complaints here. Any suggestions on restaurants, things to do, etc., would be appreciated.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the exchange over the phone, I just asked what's available. You can't place an ongoing request with a studio for two bedroom, unless the resort only has two bedroom units as the smallest unit size.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Locked off my 2012 two bedroom at Sheraton Desert Oasis into two one-bedrooms.

Traded the first one bedroom Sheraton Desert Oasis for a two bedroom at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta LX2 with II December 17-24 2011.

Traded the second one bedroom Sheraton Desert Oasis for a one bedroom at Marriott Beachplace Towers also with II April 24 - May 1 2011.