• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Strategy for getting 3Br timeshares around Disney ChristmasWeek

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
2 BRs you might find, 3 BRs not as likely. Your other option is to rent from an owner instead of exchanging.

Reminder that Christmas 2021 is also the 50th Anniversary of Disney, and that might increase some attendance as the parks with be decked out for both Xmas and for the 50th Anniversary.

I know my nieces and nephews are planning on returning to the park for that Christmas, as their very first tris was the 25th Anniversary of the park. They want to return and bring their cousins who have yet to go to WDW.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
2 BRs you might find, 3 BRs not as likely.

Not as likely, but not "Mission Impossible", as evidenced by the 3-bedroom ones for 2019 that I posted.

I can't look at 2020 because I need to renew our RCI subscription. But, from years of searching, I sense there's more for Christmas 2020 than 2019. Maybe someone else will look.

The hard stuff has always taken a bit of effort, but I understand how new folks sometimes have the impression that you can go anywhere, any time.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not as likely, but not "Mission Impossible", as evidenced by the 3-bedroom ones for 2019 that I posted.

I can't look at 2020 because I need to renew our RCI subscription. But, from years of searching, I sense there's more for Christmas 2020 than 2019. Maybe someone else will look.

The hard stuff has always taken a bit of effort, but I understand how new folks sometimes have the impression that you can go anywhere, any time.

You missed the rest of the comments about that year being the 50th Anniversary of WDW. That in itself could cause an increase in demand for that particular year.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Try asking on Tug Marketplace? Someone on here may own a week in the Disney area that has three bedrooms and may want to do a private exchange. Worth a shot, since it’s not until 2021.
Good Luck!
Silentg

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
You missed the rest of the comments a . . .

How do you know that? C'mon, were you looking in my head? I thought I felt something.

:ponder:

Gosh . . . makes me want to pay our RCI fee, just to see . . . Nah . . . maybe someone else will look . . . Orlando, Christmas Week, 2020.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sneaky like that. LOL

I hit post by accident, went and added the comments. And saved the updates. Both of you must have seen it when I was in the middle of finishing my updated post.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
So, can you search RCI for Christmas Week, 2020?

anxious to know, now

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There are quite a few 3 bedroom units, but not all are in II. Cypress Pointe is really nice and is close to Twistee Treat. :)

Mystic Dunes is very nice, as someone also stated.

In II there's Star Island, Marriott's Imperial Palms, and Grande Vista has those 3 bedrooms.

I would enter an ongoing search and make sure that you get something at least silver, and you should be happy. I think there is a good chance. But I wouldn't want to be you at the parks during that time of year. I would never do it with the new FP+ system. It's fundamentally unfair to Disney guests not at Disney hotels and resorts. At that time of year, you aren't even going to get a FP+ at 30 days out for any of the major rides.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would not take Regal Palms. I don't care how big the units are. It's too far from the parks and not as nice.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few 3 bedroom units, but not all are in II. Cypress Pointe is really nice and is close to Twistee Treat. :)

In II there's Star Island, Marriott's Imperial Palms, and Grande Vista has those 3 bedrooms.

I would enter an ongoing search and make sure that you get something at least silver, and you should be happy. I think there is a good chance. But I wouldn't want to be you at the parks during that time of year. I would never do it with the new FP+ system. It's fundamentally unfair to Disney guests not at Disney hotels and resorts. At that time of year, you aren't even going to get a FP+ at 30 days out for any of the major rides.

Oh wow. Not sounding too good. Tell me about Fastpass and rules for hotels outside the park. When did that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I’m second guessing my timeline. Are there timeshares that qualify you for FastPass? Which ones are those?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh wow. Not sounding too good. Tell me about Fastpass and rules for hotels outside the park. When did that happen?

FP+ has to be booked at <30 days out for people staying in all of the resorts and hotels near Disney. This changed a few years ago. But Disney hotel guests get <60 days out.

You do this through My Disney Experience, a special spot where you plan your trip and make reservations for everything Disney. It's quite exclusive of Disney to do that. Walt would not approve, I guarantee it. He was about profits, but he was also about fairness.

When you are a Disney hotel/resort guest, you put that reservation # into your MDE and it allows you to book at that special time. Each day you go in and book those FP's.

We wanted to get FP for Flight of the Avatar and couldn't get it at all at 30 days out. My daughter and daughter-in-law tried every single day. And because we didn't stay ON PROPERTY, we thought we would go early to AK to ride it first thing, but Disney hotel guests had early entry into that park every single day and some were on the ride a 3rd and 4th time, by the time we got on the ride our first time. We talked to people in line and heard this several times.

So Disney guests have a big advantage. We waited about 45 minutes to get on first thing in the morning. Luckily, the lines died down enough late in the day that we were able to ride once with about one hour's wait. This was in May, at a SLOW time for Disney.

We have a subscription for touringplans.com, and I saw today that Disney will be opening Hollywood Studios every day at 7 AM for Star Wars, but only for Disney hotel guests. The rest of us have to go in at the regular time and stand in long lines. I may trade into Saratoga Springs for this next trip in January of 2020.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
FP+ has to be booked at <30 days out for people staying in all of the resorts and hotels near Disney. This changed a few years ago. But Disney hotel guests get <60 days out.

You do this through My Disney Experience, a special spot where you plan your trip and make reservations for everything Disney. It's quite exclusive of Disney to do that. Walt would not approve, I guarantee it. He was about profits, but he was also about fairness.

When you are a Disney hotel/resort guest, you put that reservation # into your MDE and it allows you to book at that special time. Each day you go in and book those FP's.

We wanted to get FP for Flight of the Avatar and couldn't get it at all at 30 days out. My daughter and daughter-in-law tried every single day. And because we didn't stay ON PROPERTY, we thought we would go early to AK to ride it first thing, but Disney hotel guests had early entry into that park every single day and some were on the ride a 3rd and 4th time, by the time we got on the ride our first time. We talked to people in line and heard this several times.

So Disney guests have a big advantage. We waited about 45 minutes to get on first thing in the morning. Luckily, the lines died down enough late in the day that we were able to ride once with about one hour's wait. This was in May, at a SLOW time for Disney.

We have a subscription for touringplans.com, and I saw today that Disney will be opening Hollywood Studios every day at 7 AM for Star Wars, but only for Disney hotel guests. The rest of us have to go in at the regular time and stand in long lines. I may trade into Saratoga Springs for this next trip in January of 2020.

So Saratoga Springs and which other resorts? I might go back to my 3 two-bedroom plan.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So Saratoga Springs and which other resorts? I might go back to my 3 two-bedroom plan.

You will not find 2 BRs in RCI for the Disney properties. They seldom deposit 2 BRs period, let alone at christmas or new year.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Does this fastpass inequity also apply to Disneyland? [Sorry for slightly off-topic. Inquiring minds need to know!]

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this fastpass inequity also apply to Disneyland? [Sorry for slightly off-topic. Inquiring minds need to know!]

No. The Disneyland fast pass system is totally different (and better, imo). You can't book a FP until you are in the park for the day (so no need to plan your day 2 months out). And hotel guests don't get an advantage.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score

If I booked Wyndham Bonnet creek thru DAE, does that qualify for the 60 day FP? Just looking at all options.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
If I booked Wyndham Bonnet creek thru DAE, does that qualify for the 60 day FP? Just looking at all options.

I answered more completely on the DVC board, but the short answer is sorry, no, WBC doesn’t get 60-day FPs. It’s a gorgeous resort, though, and I’d love to stay there again!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Will they put us close together if we got three units, or is it when you trade in, you get whatever you get in the II system? Amenities for small children? Any information you share would be appreciated.

They have always been very accommodating. We had a 2 bedroom exchange followed by our 3 bedroom owned unit last time we went. They put us in a great location, on the ground floor as requested, and one that wouldn't force us to move. On check-out/-in day, we just had to stop by the office to get our key recoded to open both doors of the lockout. It was a great relief not having to vacate the old unit and wait to get into the new one.

Sheila

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
OldGuy is showing you what RCI shows right now for check in between Dec 20 - 22, 2019.

2br at former Orange Lake
3br at Florida Vacation Villas and Cypress Pointe

We have exchanged into the Cypress Pointe 3-br logoffs also. Nice resort, but no elevators. We called ahead and they assured us we could get a ground floor unit, which we did. The only other problem was that all of the bedrooms had only one bed. Not sure how many were kings/queens/doubles, but it created a bit of a problem with none of the "kids" wanting to share a bed. I had read that one room had twins, maybe even on my exchange paperwork, but one of the boys wound up on the sofa bed in the living room and wasn't happy about it.

Sheila

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
So, can you search RCI for Christmas Week, 2020?

anxious to know, now

Anyone?

Can someone search for Christmas week, 2020?

Puuuullllllleeeeeeeze!

:cool:

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
I see three options, see attached.
3b9c6096d6bb4589a838193f6f933121.jpg

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! So if I
Put I ongoing searches for 2 years out for Dec 2021, would my chances
Be better at cypress point or at the three Marriott palm resorts?