• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday Vacations?

SJS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread, since I'm a volunteer on our timeshare's board, and have a request from Sumday to transfer back to our homeowners' association an owners' title to a high-value ski week at Whistler. We accept deedbacks, and the owners only have to contact us directly. So if Sumday can't sell a week put with them for sale, do they meet their obligations by forcing a deedback? Or are the owners out everything and pay for a service that doesn't help them at all?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Interesting thread, since I'm a volunteer on our timeshare's board, and have a request from Sumday to transfer back to our homeowners' association an owners' title to a high-value ski week at Whistler. We accept deedbacks, and the owners only have to contact us directly. So if Sumday can't sell a week put with them for sale, do they meet their obligations by forcing a deedback? Or are the owners out everything and pay for a service that doesn't help them at all?
If Sumday can force a deedback they have met their obligation. I believe Sumday isn't actually the company that is paid to help "rid" the timeshare for the owner. They are a 3rd party (probably with connections to the actual post card company) hired by the PCC to help market the timeshare and appeal to the HOA if it doesn't sell. Just like timeshare sales the PCC probably used high pressure techniques to get the owner to pay to rid themselves of the burden. It is still the owners fault that they didn't contact the HOA to see if they could do it themselves for free.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
An update....we're almost there!

I received an email yesterday from the closing company, with the recorded deed attached. I believe all that remains is for the resort to receive their copy, record the transfer in their records, and then call RCI to add the week to our account! If this really comes through, I'll have a holiday week (most years) for $29.99. Looking like it will happen! I've been so thankful for this community of folks to talk me through it at every stage!
Hi I just bought aTimeshare on ebay thru Sunday vacations, now three weeks ago. Can you tell how long your closing took. Thanks

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I just bought aTimeshare on ebay thru Sunday vacations, now three weeks ago. Can you tell how long your closing took. Thanks
I just finished one with Sumday and closing was done through Great Way Services. It only took a couple weeks, start to finish. I've done a few with Sumday and they were always great to work with.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Glad it's worked out for most of you. The ad said 2017 usage included and it was not included. But they covered their you-know-whats in the contract by saying usage is not guaranteed. This happened twice to me, and it only happened twice because I bid on the two within the same two weeks. I will never buy from them again.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it's worked out for most of you. The ad said 2017 usage included and it was not included. But they covered their you-know-whats in the contract by saying usage is not guaranteed. This happened twice to me, and it only happened twice because I bid on the two within the same two weeks. I will never buy from them again.

Yes, "usage is not guaranteed" is absolutely to cover their butts should that "free" usage not be available when the dust settles. Yes, if a listing has "free" usage for the current year, I do expect to receive said usage. However, Sumday has covered themselves by not guaranteeing that usage, only listing it as very good possibility. With that knowledge, I know that it is a gamble. I have the opportunity (as do others) to make the choice whether to buy or not based on that knowledge and disclaimer.

I believe that a high percentage of folks get the usage listed. However, I do know (from buying many timeshares over the years) that things can go wrong with usage. Heck, you can order estoppels and the usage may or may not be correct. Believe me, I have experienced this both as a buyer and seller. I also believe that Sumday is not listing usage that they know definitively is not available. Their disclaimer is to cover sales with usage availability that somehow slips through the cracks for any number of reasons. I find a lot of these problems don't shake out until the ownership transfer is being finalized, even when an estoppel showed otherwise.

Business-wise, I believe this is very smart on their part to add the disclaimer. I know right off the bat what could potentially happen. I have bought from other sellers where the listed usage wasn't available. There was no disclaimer in the listing, so I fully expected the usage or compensation.

My decision to buy from Sumday (with "free" current use year) is based on whether it's still a good deal and something that I want even if the usage doesn't materialize. I have to go into the transaction with the mindset that if I get that "free" week or points, then I got a bonus.

Sumday has been a very good buying experience for most on TUG. Their rep comes on TUG to clear things up when someone posts about a situation they are having with Sumday. Almost every time, it is worked out to the satisfaction of the poster.

Cindy, you have taken the steps that best work for you. :clap: Thank you for posting your two experiences. It definitely helps shine a light on something that potential buyers need be aware of and may have missed in their excitement to score a deal. Sumday's listings with free current use year is not guaranteed. That usage should be considered a bonus. It's expected to be available, but things happen. :doh: They've covered their butts. It's business. :cool: I don't believe they are intentionally cheating folks out of the usage.

Congratulations on your purchase. Closings and transfer can taking varying amounts of time depending on many factors (County recording, ownership transfer, etc.). These are factors outside of Sumday's control. I find them quick in closing sales.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi thank everyone. Yes they are quick at closing the sell.
I hope when the dust settles I can give them an A for effort.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Cindy, you have taken the steps that best work for you. :clap: Thank you for posting your two experiences. It definitely helps shine a light on something that potential buyers need be aware of and may have missed in their excitement to score a deal. Sumday's listings with free current use year is not guaranteed. That usage should be considered a bonus. It's expected to be available, but things happen. :doh: They've covered their butts. It's business. :cool: I don't believe they are intentionally cheating folks out of the usage.
Yes, I know it. My point to them was not to advertise free use at all. If I get free use, I am excited, but I wouldn't have purchased it without.

It was a lot to do with the management company, I think. I think they just decided not to let the new buyer have usage. And honestly, I had decided not to buy anything from another company and always Sumday because I knew they were reputable. I have purchased at least 15 from them over the years. These two were the last two.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Yes, I know it. My point to them was not to advertise free use at all. If I get free use, I am excited, but I wouldn't have purchased it without.

It was a lot to do with the management company, I think. I think they just decided not to let the new buyer have usage. And honestly, I had decided not to buy anything from another company and always Sumday because I knew they were reputable. I have purchased at least 15 from them over the years. These two were the last two.
Sumday would be better off not saying free use unless they know for sure they can get it for you. It is bad public relations. A marketing tool shouldn’t be use unless it is available.

If they said nothing and then offered it to you for free because it was available one would think wow, look what I got extra, Sumday is great. And if you said no I can’t use it, Sumday would lose nothing, worse case it just wouldn’t be used.

I am waiting for a week to close that I got on an eBay auction, start use was 2019. My agreement comes, shows 2018 mf paid and I will have use for 2018. I get in touch with the seller and say I believe this is a mistake, says it is available for your use if you want it. This is all subject to it closing in time but I was told after making the deal so no disappointment will I have if I don’t get to use it and I will be getting something extra I didn’t expect if I close in time.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
H

I still waiting, now oct 3, 2018. ?
You purchased it end of August? Most timeshares I have purchase took much longer to close.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
You purchased it end of August? Most timeshares I have purchase took much longer to close.
Thanks but now I called and Great way service said that they had to return it to be recorded because their was an error on the sellers part. I ask her if that should have caught before sending it to the recording office , no answer.??????
And So I wait. I quest I won't be able to use the 2018 week this year.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks but now I called and Great way service said that they had to return it to be recorded because their was an error on the sellers part. I ask her if that should have caught before sending it to the recording office , no answer.??????
And So I wait. I quest I won't be able to use the 2018 week this year.

Perhaps, due to the Seller's error, Great Way can be encouraged to have you placed on the reservation for the 2018 week by the Seller. I would suggest you make that request and see what shakes out. If the delay from the seller's error is what will potentially keep you from having use of the 2018 week, then perhaps the closing company will be willing to assist.

armrecsys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, due to the Seller's error, Great Way can be encouraged to have you placed on the reservation for the 2018 week by the Seller. I would suggest you make that request and see what shakes out. If the delay from the seller's error is what will potentially keep you from having use of the 2018 week, then perhaps the closing company will be willing to assist.
Hi I proposed that idea to Great way and they said their was no error, and the the recording office needed more iformation so the added the ifmforation and sent the paper back. They also inform me you guessed it that the extra week was a promised.