• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Great to work with so far until I ran into an issue. I will let others know how the issue works out.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great company. I've purchased from them, and would gladly do so again. As long as you're clear on what you're buying, they're a stand-up outfit. The only time I've ever heard a negative was with buyers who didn't understand the process of transferring what they'd purchased.

The owner, Jeff Brown, is a Tug member.

Dave

Homeawayfromhome2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great company. I've purchased from them, and would gladly do so again. As long as you're clear on what you're buying, they're a stand-up outfit. The only time I've ever heard a negative was with buyers who didn't understand the process of transferring what they'd purchased.

Dave
Hi Dave, do you transferring owners name at the timeshare itself? How do you do that? Thanks! Nicci

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Dave, do you transferring owners name at the timeshare itself? How do you do that? Thanks! Nicci

Sorry, Nicci, I don't understand your question. Can you explain?

Dave

Homeawayfromhome2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Nicci, I don't understand your question. Can you explain?

Dave
Hi Dave, maybe I misunderstood what you said :ponder: What did you mean by this " buyers who didn't understand the process of transferring what they'd purchased"
Does this mean you still have to transfer to the new owners name, at the let's say in my case, Kahana Villa's as well? I think it's like 500.00 even after you already did title transfer.
Am I totally confusing you yet :wall: LOL

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Dave, maybe I misunderstood what you said :ponder: What did you mean by this " buyers who didn't understand the process of transferring what they'd purchased"
Does this mean you still have to transfer to the new owners name, at the let's say in my case, Kahana Villa's as well? I think it's like 500.00 even after you already did title transfer.
Am I totally confusing you yet :wall: LOL

Ok, now I get it. :) What I meant was some uninformed Buyers don't understand the transfer process of a broker like Sumday. They are not the Owner, they are just representing the Owner, and are acting as Seller. The transfer process can take some time, once all the right paperwork is signed and delivered to the Resort for transfer to the new Owner. Sometimes that takes awhile to get finished. The negatives I've heard about Sumday are from Buyers who thought it should all happen in a few days or weeks, and not months, as some resorts drag their feet. (Wyndham is notorious for very slow processing times.) Getting angry at Sumday is pointless - they can only do what they can do. After that, it's all on the Resort to do their part.

Buyers should not have to do anything extra to achieve the transfer. Sumday knows what they're doing. If you have questions about their process, ask them directly. They are very forthcoming with information, and have always been quick to respond when I've asked them about something. As in all things, YMMV. :)

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If Sumday is advertising free usage, don't necessarily count on it. They often advertise it in the headline of the listing but then in the details they say they won't guaranty it. @rickandcindy23 had an issue where the listing advertized free usage but the contract indicated there was no guarantee of it and the closing took so long that the free usage was lost. This is especially important now if they are advertising free 2019 usage, it is possible that closing could take you in to 2020 and you lose any free usage.

You might say this isn't a big deal because it was free. However, often free usage is baked in to the purchase price. Something is only with $0 because you get current use year free. When you lose that free use you paid too much, even if you paid $0.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Sumday is advertising free usage, don't necessarily count on it. They often advertise it in the headline of the listing but then in the details they say they won't guaranty it. @rickandcindy23 had an issue where the listing advertized free usage but the contract indicated there was no guarantee of it and the closing took so long that the free usage was lost. This is especially important now if they are advertising free 2019 usage, it is possible that closing could take you in to 2020 and you lose any free usage.

You might say this isn't a big deal because it was free. However, often free usage is baked in to the purchase price. Something is only with $0 because you get current use year free. When you lose that free use you paid too much, even if you paid $0.

The onus is on the buyer to understand that prior to purchasing any unit.

Sumday makes it very clear in all their advertisements:

"FREE use based on resort availability and the resorts ability to complete the transfer in time. Sumday Vacations does not guarantee FREE use or that this will transfer in time. If FREE use is received, this will be considered a bonus to the buyer."

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

"FREE use based on resort availability and the resorts ability to complete the transfer in time. Sumday Vacations does not guarantee FREE use or that this will transfer in time. If FREE use is received, this will be considered a bonus to the buyer."
I don't disagree, but they shouldn't advertize it in the title of the listings if they really promise nothing.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but they shouldn't advertize it in the title of the listings if they really promise nothing.

I may be wrong however, I can't recall in any of their listings that free usage is a "promise". Perhaps you can direct us to a listing where free usage is a "promise". It's merely an advertising point, not any sort of guarantee. From my view, the condition of "free usage" is quite clearly defined.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I may be wrong however, I can't recall in any of their listings that free usage is a "promise". Perhaps you can direct us to a listing where free usage is a "promise". It's merely an advertising point, not any sort of guarantee. From my view, the condition of "free usage" is quite clearly defined.
I am not saying they are promising anything. What I am pointing out is that they aren't primising free usage even though they gladly put it in many of their listing titles. My point is that one needs to be sure to read the entire listing, as you pointed out, because they don't promise free usage at all. With Sumday, make sure you price your offer as if there is no free usage at all.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not saying they are promising anything. What I am pointing out is that they aren't primising free usage even though they gladly put it in many of their listing titles. My point is that one needs to be sure to read the entire listing, as you pointed out, because they don't promise free usage at all. With Sumday, make sure you price your offer as if there is no free usage at all.

I understand the disclaimer completely and have never once felt I was somehow being mislead in any way, shape or form. Most people understand that you don't buy any product based solely on the heading of any advertisement, timeshare or otherwise.

Perhaps we'll simply agree to disagree on Sunday's advertisements.

Should anyone else feel they were mislead whatsoever in buying from Sumday, by all means, let us all know.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I understand the disclaimer completely and have never once felt I was somehow being mislead in any way, shape or form. Most people understand that you don't buy any product based solely on the heading of any advertisement, timeshare or otherwise.

Perhaps we'll simply agree to disagree on Sunday's advertisements.

Should anyone else feel they were mislead whatsoever in buying from Sumday, by all means, let us all know.
I understand that one doesn't buy a timeshare based on the title of the listing alone. However, I think it is prudent in this case to point out to the OP that there is indeed a disclaimer in their listings that free usage is not guaranteed even though they advertise it in the title. I don't see anything wrong with me pointing that out and not sure why you took offense to it.

We certainly will have to agree to disagree on how they title their listings.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that one doesn't buy a timeshare based on the title of the listing alone. However, I think it is prudent in this case to point out to the OP that there is indeed a disclaimer in their listings that free usage is not guaranteed even though they advertise it in the title. I don't see anything wrong with me pointing that out and not sure why you took offense to it.

We certainly will have to agree to disagree on how they title their listings.

No offense taken.

I guess I simply give our members, both old and new, more credit for the ability to understand basic advertising.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

I have a different question about Sumday. What does the ‘Price Listed’ for each timeshare represent? Is that the price the current owner is asking for the property and is open to negotiation? Or, Is it a “hard” sell price? I assume everything is negotiable but just wanted to see what TUG members are experiencing with this company. I’m currently looking to add a resell contract to my developer purchased contract.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have a different question about Sumday. What does the ‘Price Listed’ for each timeshare represent? Is that the price the current owner is asking for the property and is open to negotiation? Or, Is it a “hard” sell price? I assume everything is negotiable but just wanted to see what TUG members are experiencing with this company. I’m currently looking to add a resell contract to my developer purchased contract.

I believe the Price Listed is just what they're asking for it. If the price is very low, or if there is an incentive on the sale (like a Cash Rebate card or whatever) then chances are it's a place they are very interesting in selling quickly. If the price is higher, then it may be a newer listing, and might be open to negotiation. My conception is that the price goes down the longer something stays in their inventory. The Owner's price is not part of the Sumday business model, since they often receive inventory from Developers who got trade ins and so forth.

Again, if you have a question about how they do things, contact them and ask for clarification. If you're a serious Buyer, I can't see how they wouldn't want to work with you on a mutually beneficial arrangement. Also, don't just look at their listings on eBay or Tug. Go look at SumdayVacations.com and check around. They may have the same resort (but not the same listing) offered in various places and ways on their website, at very different pricing. I've gotten some great deals there, better than dealing with bidding wars on Ebay.

Good luck!

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I believe the Price Listed is just what they're asking for it. If the price is very low, or if there is an incentive on the sale (like a Cash Rebate card or whatever) then chances are it's a place they are very interesting in selling quickly. If the price is higher, then it may be a newer listing, and might be open to negotiation. My conception is that the price goes down the longer something stays in their inventory. The Owner's price is not part of the Sumday business model, since they often receive inventory from Developers who got trade ins and so forth.

Again, if you have a question about how they do things, contact them and ask for clarification. If you're a serious Buyer, I can't see how they wouldn't want to work with you on a mutually beneficial arrangement. Also, don't just look at their listings on eBay or Tug. Go look at SumdayVacations.com and check around. They may have the same resort (but not the same listing) offered in various places and ways on their website, at very different pricing. I've gotten some great deals there, better than dealing with bidding wars on Ebay.

Good luck!

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I’ve sent them an email so, hopefully, they will be able to help. I’m very wary of ebay. I’ve been looking on TUG and TimeshareNation. I checked out Sumday after reading some good reviews from TUG members.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, Dave. I’ve sent them an email so, hopefully, they will be able to help. I’m very wary of ebay. I’ve been looking on TUG and TimeshareNation. I checked out Sumday after reading some good reviews from TUG members.

Did you check their listings on SumdayVacations.com?

Ebay isn't so bad, if you know what you're getting and who you're dealing with. I've bought and sold a number of timeshares on Ebay.

Dave

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1

Dave

Do you have Jeff’s TUG username? I have some errors on the Warranty Deed prepared by Sumday’s Partner, Greatway Services, that need to be corrected. I’d like to contact Jeff.