• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunset Cove Marco Island, any suggestions?

Reaction score
I am a new member and just booked an "affiliate" resort on Marco Island, Sunset Cove. It looks to be a Holiday Inn property, reviews look great online. Have you stayed here? Any great restaurants nearby? So excited, 3 bedroom here we come!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I am a new member and just booked an "affiliate" resort on Marco Island, Sunset Cove. It looks to be a Holiday Inn property, reviews look great online. Have you stayed here? Any great restaurants nearby? So excited, 3 bedroom here we come!
I didn’t stay there but went to check it out recently when I was on Marco Island. I would definitely stay there. You are in the middle of town, grocery down the block, farmers market once a week short walk, restaurants are close by in walking distance too. I like CJs on the Bay for their seafood, Paradise Seafood for buying fresh fish and cooking myself, within walking distance. I also like Cafe de Marco, they will send a taxi for you if you dine there. Snooks Inn since new management took over is good too, will need a car or taxi.

I see you are new, wlcome to TUG.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It has gone through a few different ownerships and affiliations. Weeks that sold under HGVC are still given access to HGVC system. HICV is just the one that is selling and managing the resort now.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Nice pickup! Looks like a great place stay. Any of those Marco Island resorts can be hard, but since Sunset Cove is no longer with HGVC, that’s a really hard one.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Nice pickup! Looks like a great place stay. Any of those Marco Island resorts can be hard, but since Sunset Cove is no longer with HGVC, that’s a really hard one.
In hgvc it is actually easier to get Sunset Cove then the others on Marco Island as they are 3 bedrooms and require more ponts.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
And they are not on the beach. They do provide a shuttle to and from the beach

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Veterans Park is on one side of the resort, the Winn Dixie on the other. From Nov through April, there is a Farmer's Market at the Veterans Park area on Wednesday mornings. You can't walk to the beach from the resort and have to take their shuttle. Many of the restaurants on the island offer free transportation to and from the restaurant. You can walk to the Esplanade where you'll find CJ's on the Bay and Mango's, plus a Cold Stone Creamery. We prefer Mango's over CJ's. There is a McDonald's a short walk from the resort.

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with all of the above. We own at Eagles Nest, but have stayed at Sunset Cove. I would add that the property maintenance and mamagement is not up to HGVC standards. During our stay we had some pretty shocking maintenance issues, including a sewage pipe leak from the floor above us that flooded one room and was completely ignored by management for almost a full day despite our increasingly urgent pleadings. They did eventually move us but it took way longer get than it should have. YMMV. Otherwise, property is nice but for lack of beach. Farmers Market is a big plus

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 3 float weeks at the Charter Club and LOVE the Wednesday Farmer's Market-however, note that it is not open year round. We've been disappointed to find it closed during late October visits. I believe it starts up in early November-not sure of end date. There are some vendors at the Farmer's Market that sell complete entrees (the guy with the big paella pan comes to mind). We've discovered more and more good places to eat since we first starting going to Marco in 2019. There is also another good shopping center with multiple restaurants and a dine in movie theatre (Marco Movies) with beer and wine. Restaurants at that location include Marco Prime, the Oyster Society, DaVinci, and Pincer's. We also love Le Be Fish-more of a takeout place (although they have a few tables). Great seafood right off the boat. It is not fat from Snook Inn.