• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

t-mobile unlock device app

uop1497

Reaction score
I have an old Sam Sung phone which I bought over a year ago. It does not have pre-install T-Mobile unlock device app in the phone. I was told I can download T-mobile unlock device in Google Llay store. However, I search for it and can not see T-mobile unlock device app in there.

I visited T-Mobile store near my work place and was told I must contact customer service since my phone under pre- paid plan. I have made a few phone calls, but receive not much help in regarding where to download the unlock app. I already have the instruction what I must do to unlock this phone, but without the T-mobile unlock device app installing in this phone, I can not do anything.

If anyone know where I can find the T-mobile unlock device app, please send me the link. T-Mobile representative insists that they see it in the Google Play website , but I can not find it in there.

Please help and thank you in advance

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may not be able to unlock it from T-Mobile since it's a T-Mobile pre-paid phone. I am no expert on such things, but my experience has been that only phones, owned by you, without any agreement with a carrier, are eligible to be unlocked so as to work on another carrier's network.

Good luck!

Jim

uop1497

Reaction score
@ Jim,
Thank you for your reply. I am able to unlock my old Sam Sung phone using instructions from T-Mobile.

@ALL,
Now I have another problem. I have a new Huawei 6X unlocked phone. I bought it during Xmas sale. I contact T-Mobile online to have the my account and phone number transfer to this new phone, but I can not receive any t-mobile signal. The T-Mobile signal appear and disappear only a few minutes , then the phone go to emergency call mode only . My new 6X phone can not receive any call in / call out ( during the time frame T-mobile signal appear) . I turns the power off and on again, but no help. T-Mobile represents told me that my phone does not work well with T-mobile simcard. Does anyone has an idea why or what I need to do now to make the new phone work.

I have not contacted B&H video who I bought the phone from. However, before buying this 6X phone, I read on line and spec indicate this phoen will work with T-mobile network. I am not sure what to do now. The only thing I can think is to stop by a Mobile phone store for help.

If anyone know the answer, please give advice . Thank you

Tamino

Reaction score
There is no reason why your phone should not work with T-Mobile. Your problem could be that the T-Mobile Access Point Names (APN) were never setup in your configuration settings. This is relatively easy to confirm and entering the correct information is not difficult but it must be done if you want to reliably receive a T-Mobile signal.

To set up the APNs, T-Mobile offers the following information:
http://apn-settings.com/t-mobile-apn-settings-step-by-step-configuration/

uop1497

Reaction score
@Tamino,

Thank you for pointing me to the T-Mobile APN set up link.

I checked the APN set up in my phone and it already sets the all information for me, not sure it was done automatically by T-Mobile personnel or not. I see that the APN type was set as " default, supl, hipri . A little different than the one listed in the link.

I plan to visit the T-mobile store to let them recheck the sim card to make sure it is O.K, but somehow after my phone was updated (the EMUI with newer version), my phone is working fine. It accepts call in / call out and have a good signal .

There is still a lot of thing about this new phone which I need to learn how that work.

Again, thank you ALL for helping me with phone issue.

uop1497

Reaction score
I have another problem with my new phone ( honor 6X). No matter how many time I tried, I am not suscessfully create a Google exchange account to received mail from my work. I talked to the IT group of my company and they check everything and walk me from step- by step, but I keep get an error message saying my user name, domain or password account is incorrect.

With company IT personnel over the phone, we check each field to make sure there is no typo, but somehow I can not completed account set up. And IT personnel tells me that they can see my account is O.K. However, they can not tell why my phone can not completed the set up. My new phone has Android 7. I google search on line for suggestion, but no thing is work.

If you know the answer, can you please advise.

Thank you

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Be sure you have no extraneous spaces in your password, login name, or server address fields. They can be really hard to spot at the beginning and end of the fields. Another easy to make and overlook mistake is to have a comma where you need a period.

uop1497

Reaction score
@Makai Guy,

I check each field (username, domain server ect ) again to make sure I do not left an extran space or any typo. I re-type each field over again to make sure . Still not complete the set up step and same error message appears again. Not sure what else I can do.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
So this is a corporate account that is admisitered by Google? Sometimes with Google/gmail you may need to log into your account's web page via your web browser and enter a required Captcha value in order to unlock the account. While logged in see if you need to enable access via POP3 or IMAP (whichever protocol you'll be using on your phone).

uop1497

Reaction score
@ Makai Guy,
I contact IT group of my company and redo it all over again. After a few times trying with Microsoft exchange set up account, somehow it works finally. I am able to connect to company email and receive new email.

I am still having problem of sync issue. Last night, I can see the Sync Calendar, Sync Contact and Sync Mail sync and matching with the date and time of my phone after i perform sync step. This morning, only Sync Contact still working. Sync Calenda and Sync mail still show date and time of last sync Jan 14, 2018, 23:46.

Any idea how to make sync Calendar and Sync mail to work.

uop1497

Reaction score
My company allow Corporation, Google mail exchange to set up for email work account. My new phone receive new email today 1/16/2017. The only thing it can not do is to sync the work email and calendar. I am still monitor work email account on my phone . I hope it will work fine before the other phone get work mail disconnected . I contact company IT again this morning and they said my account looks fine on their site.