• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tell me about Club Vacances le Plateau and Beaupre for summer ...

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
... if you have anything to add and/or any experience more recent than TUG (and tripadvisor) reviews.

We haven't ever been to Quebec, and typically spend very little time at any resort during the days, other than to appreciate pretty views from windows or balconies.

Seems like I used to see references to Club Vacances more frequently here on TUG.

TIA!

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there once about a dozen years ago to ski Mont St Anne. Le Plateau is located just a couple of minutes from the ski resort, and is primarily a destination for skiers. It is not in the city of Quebec a 40/45 minute drive south. The ski resort is of course closed in summer, and there would be little going on nearby. But you could certainly use the location as a base for exploring the city to the south or driving to the likes of Baie St. Paul about 45 minutes north an incredible little town of artisans, galleries, bake shops and the like.....it can be crawling with buses in summer though.
Meant to add, the accommodation is ski country basic, comfortable, but not luxurious by any measure.

Last edited:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ironwood. I decided to confirm the exchange, with relatively low expectations for the resort itself, because it's exactly the summer week I needed to piggyback with another exchange. It's a 2-BR 1-bath unit with no view, is all I have gleaned.

I anticipate spending a couple of days in Old Quebec City, plus a few more in the environs, and then I'm looking into another week or so for a more extended road trip afterwards across the Gaspe Peninsula - a part of our continent I've never visited and know little about, other than googling for info and images. Maybe we'll even get over to Nova Scotia...

So if anyone has suggestions for an additional road trip, please share - thanks!

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
The whole Quebec area and parts on the north shore of the mighty St Lawrence is a fabulous visit. There are a couple of points north of Quebec where you can take a car ferry across the St. Lawrence to the south shore and go around the Gaspe through New Brunswick to Nova Scotia, but you will need at least a couple of weeks to make the trip, unless you plan to drive 8 hours/per day. Would love to do it again one day.