• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Best Tacos in Every US State, Mapped

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The Best Tacos in Every US State, Mapped
By Emma Gibbins/ Viva: Lifestyle & Travel/ vivalifestyleandtravel.com

"Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drunk at 3 am, tacos are considered by many as one of mankind's greatest inventions. They're so great, in fact, that they even have their own designated day - yes, we're talking about Taco Tuesday's. The question is, where do you go to get those mouth-wateringly good tacos - the kind that are full to the brim with goodness - yet still with a delightfully crunchy shell?..."

hwsaxjmlyfkpxfprrqsb.jpg

Be sure to add your favorite Taco restaurant to the list.

Richard

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't get the allure of TACOS (or any Mexican Food for that matter). Basically a ground up dead animal in a tortilla shell with seasonings. I'll stick with Italian food, thank you.:p

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I don't get the allure of TACOS (or any Mexican Food for that matter). Basically a ground up dead animal in a tortilla shell with seasonings. I'll stick with Italian food, thank you.:p
You gave me a good laugh. The only mexican food I like are fajitas with no spice thus not really mexican.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now THIS is a fascinating topic! ;) I love MX food and tacos are right up there for me.
Only problem is I have no idea where this is: Idaho - Morenita's Mexican Restaurant & Bakery

(Yeah, yeah, I know, Google is my friend, but I'll have to do that some other time.)

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Vegetarian I talian? never heard of it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Vegetarian Italian? never heard of it.

Perhaps they like eggplant? ... not for me.
The best t-bone steak I had was in Florence, IT.
It was thick, tender and perfectly seasoned.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Vegetarian I talian? never heard of it.

LOL! Love my eggplant parmignana! And my pasta!Let's not even get me started on pizza....

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
You gave me a good laugh. The only mexican food I like are fajitas with no spice thus not really mexican.
Ha! I do like Mexican food, but not fajitas. I tilt toward enchiladas, huevos rancheros, and mole dishes when along the US-Mexican border...provided the salsa used on the enchiladas and huevos rancheros is from Hatch, NM. When further south in Mexico, I go for the local dishes. Seafood in coastal areas can be very good. Chiles rellenos are often excellent, and fish tacos can be quite tasty. I'm especially fond of panuchos for breakfast when dining in Merida. Have not yet explored dishes from inland Mexico. Huevos Motulenos can be quite tasty, too.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
We love good Mexican food, but unfortunately in VT and NH such a thing doesn't exist. No wonder VT ranks #46 on this.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We love good Mexican food, but unfortunately in VT and NH such a thing doesn't exist. No wonder VT ranks #46 on this.
The list is not ranked -- it is in alphabetic order and numbered. It caused a double take for me -- Alabama was #1 and Texas #44? Ha!

Kurt

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
The list is not ranked -- it is in alphabetic order and numbered. It caused a double take for me -- Alabama was #1 and Texas #44? Ha!

Kurt

Ha - thanks for pointing that out - I read it too fast LOL! But if it were a ranking, VT would likely come in dead last.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Even in Vt (I am a displaced Vermonter) you can order jars of salsa verde from Hatch, NM and make your own huevos rancheros. Just get some tortillas, black or pinto beans (or black bean soup), and refried beans (dilute these a bit with water) and you are on you way. Don't forget the 2 soft fried eggs. Vermont hens will do. Enjoy.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Even in Vt (I am a displaced Vermonter) you can order jars of salsa verde from Hatch, NM and make your own huevos rancheros. Just get some tortillas, black or pinto beans (or black bean soup), and refried beans (dilute these a bit with water) and you are on you way. Don't forget the 2 soft fried eggs. Vermont hens will do. Enjoy.

YUK!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

YUK!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
They got Nevada wrong. Its Tacos El Gordo at Convention Center Drive and Las Vegas Blvd, right next to the Encore entrance. There is a line out the door until the wee hours of Saturday and Sunday morning, and it's worth the wait.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Come to San Diego to a hole in the wall in the Little Italy section of downtown. Food is amazing. I've been eating there since the 90's. Since Yelp, everyone else seems to know the secret. If you go, call ahead. Don't order the quesadillas (why are these on the menu - they aren't good). Cash only. Carne Asada is awesome, as is the pastor. Ask for mexican guacamole or you will be disappointed. https://www.yelp.com/biz/mexican-fiesta-san-diego?start=20

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score

LOL, that's a 'double YUK' posted, must be really yukky. :p

So hard to believe someone doesn't love MX food, but I guess it leaves more for me. Snarf, snarf!
Actually, tacos are fine, but Chiles Rellenos are my favorite. But I love most all of it and need to have a 'fix' at least once a week. I've learned how to cook a few things at home and found a Chiles Rellenos casserole that's great.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

So hard to believe someone doesn't love MX food, but I guess it leaves more for me. Snarf, snarf!
Actually, tacos are fine, but Chiles Rellenos are my favorite. But I love most all of it and need to have a 'fix' at least once a week. I've learned how to cook a few things at home and found a Chiles Rellenos casserole that's great.
I may need that recipe. :)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

I am not sure how that got double posted!

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I may need that recipe. :)

Here ya go. I make this every Christmas Eve and serve with locally sourced homemade Tamales. It's even good cold and makes a nice hors d' oeuvres if sliced in smaller squares. Also great for breakfast the next day.

Chile Relleno Casserole
8 Servings

4 7-ounce cans whole, mild green chiles (or one large can)

1 pound Monterey Jack cheese

5 eggs

1¼ cups milk

¼ cup flour*

½ teaspoon salt

Dash of black pepper

4 cups grated mild Cheddar cheese (1 pound)

Slit chiles lengthwise on one side. Remove seeds and drain. Slice Monterey Jack cheese into ¼-inch thick slices and place inside chiles.** Place stuffed chiles in an ungreased 3-quart backing dish. Mix eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper well, and pour over chiles. Sprinkle top with grated Cheddar. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

*I mix flour with a small part of the milk before adding the rest of the ingredients to prevent clumps.

** Over time, I’ve discovered it’s easier and just as good to simply split and open the peppers, open & lay half of them flat in the casserole dish, grate the Monterey Jack cheese and spread half over the chiles. Repeat once more with another layer and then add the egg mixture, etc.

(From the Colorado Cache Cookbook, the Junior League of Denver)

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops, duplicate post.

Last edited:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Illinois choice is perfect. T&B Grill is amazing. I'm going to have to try the Michigan pick now.