TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

The Greatest Showman

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by WalnutBaron, Feb 13, 2018.

1. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, HGVCx2, Welk
    If you're looking for a really feel-good movie with outstanding singing and dancing, I recommend The Greatest Showman, starring Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams. Hollywood is a pretty jaded place these days, and rarely produces a movie like this one anymore. I guarantee you'll be entertained. By the way, the film begins with something truly unique: Hugh Jackman and the film's director, Michael Gracey, actually take three minutes to thank the audience for coming to see the film on the big screen. When's the last time that happened? Umm..never!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

For more information, you can read a very positive review here. But beware: there are a few mild spoilers mentioned, so if you don't want too much given away, just go see the movie :)

Here's the trailer.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Carlsbad Seapointe
    WorldMark
    It's at the top of my viewing list. It isn't playing near me, so I may have to wait till it comes out on video.

Another film I want to see, just for the "stranger than truth" factor, is "Winchester." I know the tale is trumped up baloney, but it looks to be very interesting. I've toured the Winchester House several times, and felt some strange things there. Mostly, all I felt was sorrow for the lonely, slightly crazy, much too wealthy Sarah Winchester.

Dave

3. Nancy

Nancy TUG Member

We really enjoyed it.

4. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing a good movie. Hopefully it will run at my favorite local theater.

5. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    We saw it over Christmas. Two thumbs up!

Kurt

6. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

The soundtrack is fantastic. I left the theater and bought the soundtrack on the way home. I saw it early on when it first came out. It was the first time in ages that the audience applauded when the movie was over.

I have a movie pass and have seen then movie 5 time already. I keep bring someone who has not seen it yet. It is still wonderful after five times. I find myself singing the songs during the day.

Egret1986 likes this.
  7. Egret1986

I've got a long weekend coming up and we haven't been to a movie in the theater for awhile. I wasn't aware of this movie and you've already seen it five times!

TUG's a great resource!

8. Sandy VDH

Come back and let us know how you liked it. If you like Broadway style musicals you will love it.

9. Sandy VDH

So did you get to see it?

10. Egret1986

Nooooooooo. I forgot about all the things that had to be done this long holiday weekend that couldn't be put off. I'm hopeful next weekend will be a relaxing weekend with an opportunity to go next Saturday.

11. KauaiMark

KauaiMark TUG Lifetime Member

We saw it last week. We usually try and go in the afternoons to avoid the crowds. Unfortunately, it was only playing in the only iMAX theater at the mall and it was about $15/ea.

On the good side they only sold 2 tickets for the show...OURS! We had the entire theater to ourselves so no distractions.

..and yes, it was a great experence!

Jan M. likes this.
  12. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    Our son, DIL and two little granddaughters came to Florida to visit us the first week of January. I took our DIL who is a music teacher to see this movie. We both loved it and enjoyed having a day out with just the two of us. My husband was a little jealous as he loves musicals too. He and I are seeing it tomorrow at the discount theater close to us. I will enjoy seeing it a second time.