• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The U.S. Army's 5 Most Lethal Weapons of War

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
By Michael Peck/ Defense Maven/ Land/ defensemaven.io

"When it comes to lethal weapons, the U.S. Army has no shortage. Some may be too expensive, some too complex and others may be desired by politicians and defense contractors, but not the troops on the field.

Nonetheless, today's U.S. Army can generate an astonishing amount of firepower and deliver it in a variety of settings from small-war counterinsurgency to big-war mechanized combat. With that in mind, here are five of the best U.S. Army weapons:....."

Richard

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
By Michael Peck/ Defense Maven/ Land/ defensemaven.io

"When it comes to lethal weapons, the U.S. Army has no shortage. Some may be too expensive, some too complex and others may be desired by politicians and defense contractors, but not the troops on the field.

Nonetheless, today's U.S. Army can generate an astonishing amount of firepower and deliver it in a variety of settings from small-war counterinsurgency to big-war mechanized combat. With that in mind, here are five of the best U.S. Army weapons:....."

Richard

It’s sad how much tax money we spend on killing each other instead of finding cures, helping each other with health care or feeding each other. The 700 billion dollar budget could do some amazing things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
It’s sad how much tax money we spend on killing each other instead of finding cures, helping each other with health care or feeding each other. The 700 billion dollar budget could do some amazing things.
Unfortunately, freedom never has been, nor ever will be, free.

Kurt

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have the very best Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corp and we lost the Vietnam War. Why?

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
In 1975 it appeared as though the USA had lost the local Vietnam conflict, but I have a different take on this. In historical retrospect, I believe the USA won the larger, global conflict between the USA and the USSR, partly due to its participation in the Vietnam War. Like the Korean War, which was a proxy war with China, the Vietnam War was a proxy war with Russia. Russia saw an opportunity to challenge the USA without a direct engagement, although Russian pilots and technical ground support were certainly involved. It significantly contributed to the near bankruptcy of Russia by the 1980s. Never again did the USSR significantly challenge the USA or the West militarily. It was the beginning of the end, that ultimately culminated in Glasnost.

And with respect to North Vietnam itself, it had a long history of being subjugated as a colony, first under China and then under France. It only fought the USA because American troops were there...like the French before them. Apparently Ho Chi Minh actually approached the USA after WWII for help in unifying Vietnam and breaking free of French colonial control and potential Chinese expansion. He was actually an admirer of the US constitution and the American War of Independence. He was concerned about the real threat being Chinese expansionist policy, but he was rejected by the USA because he was Communist. He then looked to Russia for support.

After Den Bien Phu and the French withdrawal, full civil war broke out. Unfortunately, the USA ultimately chose to support the corrupt regime of General Diem in South Vietnam, since it saw the expansion of Communist North Vietnam as a potential threat. That was understandable at the time, but it dragged the USA into a long, drawn-out war that was expensive in both dollars and American lives. But it ultimately proved to be even more expensive to Russia. Today Vietnam is unified and prospering. After a short war with China later in the 1970s, it has also held off any further threat of Chinese expansion.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Russia lost Afghanistan because of CIA / USA involvement; we loss loss Vietnam because of outside involvement from Russia, China and poor military leadership decisions.

Why did we stop bombing Vietnam, when every military General knew that they were going to surrender and wanted to surrender to the USA?

They the Vietnamese/the Viet Con did not want to be under Russia or China dictatorship IMHO.

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
In before the lock:p.

Cheers

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right x3 skier this thread will be lock by 4PM.

I loss five (5) college friends in Vietnam and a part of me died because of that conflict.

All were born in 1947.

Last edited:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We have the very best Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corp and we lost the Vietnam War. Why?

Politicians is why. Our military is strong enough to win any war that they are allowed to!

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
Politicians is why. Our military is strong enough to win any war that they are allowed to!
Bucky (IMO) is absolutely right. There is big money in war especially when it's fought for the reasoning given back then. I also was born in 47, got sucked into the argument given at the time. IMO they left out the most important lethal weapon, in that it takes someone to fly the apache, someone to drive the tank, fire the missile etc. although the armed forces were mentioned but not to a man. I often wondered what would have happen if they had let Patton go all the way.
We have never lost a war when it dealt directly with us as a nation, I.E. revolutionary, 1812, Spanish(although there is a cloud there), WWI, WWII.
As PigsDad alluded to nothing is free, and our freedom needs to be guarded, with out being isolationist, but reasonable concern.
I vote for 6 lethal weapons...….

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish Patton and MacArthur was given the go ahead to invade all the way. This planet would be a totally different world IMHO.

Europe and Asia (the Pacfic would be totally under different governments).

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
I wish Patton and MacArthur was given the go ahead to invade all the way. This planet would be a totally different world IMHO.

Europe and Asia (the Pacfic would be totally under different governments).
I agree 100%...………………..Think of the 58,000+ that would still with us...…...plus those in the recent actions, as well as Korea.