• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thinking of trying out II to exchange our 2020 SVV Week Help Please

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Has anyone had any success transferring into any nice florida beach resorts for a week in February? Was eyeing Marriot Beach Place Towers or Marriot Ocean Pointe.... Am I wasting my time? Do I have a shot at getting it? Is there a better way to get a beach resort than II? Our other option was just to book a week at VBC. Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate your help!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are ok with a studio, I think your chances are decent. If you are looking for 1 BR it's iffy and 2BR unlikely to happen.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Be aware the Marriott owners have first priority for Marriott exchanges.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Marriott often bulk deposits studios without priority.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
It’s possible. I used to own SVR 2BD LO and before I traded it in I deposited it into II and got Marriott Frenchman’s Cove St Thomas Thanksgiving week 2BD. SVR MF were significantly less that of MFC so turned out to be a great II exchange for us!!!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hey all! Has anyone had any success transferring into any nice florida beach resorts for a week in February? Was eyeing Marriot Beach Place Towers or Marriot Ocean Pointe.... Am I wasting my time? Do I have a shot at getting it? Is there a better way to get a beach resort than II? Our other option was just to book a week at VBC. Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate your help!
If you have a high demand week you should have a good shot getting it. I have had a lot of success with II. I was able to get a February Captiva Island week this year with a high demand week, higher demand area that was rated less then yours. Put your request in now, the longer you wait the harder it gets.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it guys!

There are a bunch of weeks avail now at the two resorts I referenced... All be it not February but weeks we could find use for if nothing came avail in February... Will it be clear that I'm getting a 2 br or 1 br? If a studio I would rather stay in SVV or Beach club. We need the space with our two little ones...

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a high demand week you should have a good shot getting it. I have had a lot of success with II. I was able to get a February Captiva Island week this year with a high demand week, higher demand area that was rated less then yours. Put your request in now, the longer you wait the harder it gets.

Yes we do have a high demand week right in the heart of Spring Break Season. 2br 81k Bella

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes we do have a high demand week right in the heart of Spring Break Season. 2br 81k Bella
With Vistana however, they and II have prearranged what your trade power will be. VIstana picks the week to deposit and won't deposit the week you have reserved. So you will get a "blended" trade power of the season overall. This generally doesn't help your trade power and Orlando also doesn't usually trade very well due to the over supply. Not saying it is impossible, but a prime season south Florida week is a hard exchange even with some of the better resorts/weeks. If you are wanting to go in February 2019, then you are likely out of luck. For 2020, put your request in now, early so you have the best chances as soon as people start depositing their units.

jdent1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Bella
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
To deposit your 2020 week into II you will have to prepay your 2020 maintenance fees - right?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, Vistana requires you to prep-pay your MF before you deposit into II.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes def looking to go 2020 were using our DVC this February.... And already have pre paid 2020 dues so good to go there. Just wondering if I stand a chance at all. It's not the end of the world we are fine staying at SVV worse case we enjoy Orlando. Also does anyone have experience with the Beach Resort I've heard a mixed bag...

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering -- do mandatory StarOption weeks at SVV have better trade power than the same size/season with no StarOptions at SVR? I own both. I've compared them a bit, but haven't looked closely to see whether they trade all that differently.