• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is why Disney is so expensive

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We bought into DVC for some kids we were planning to adopt. It fell through at the last minute. I was thinking of selling our points but for some odd reason, I have not yet. So my DH and I have been visiting. We went to WDW last summer and stayed at AK, BW and Poly. Then we went to Aulani. In the Spring, we are going to BLT, AK and VGF. We are in our 50s. Never in a million years would I imagine I would be going to Disney. I have been to Hawaii 8 times. I have traveled all over the world to amazing upscale places. Yet I am loving Disney. The customer service and theming are really high quality. I actually like Aulani better than anywhere I have stayed in Hawaii and that is saying a lot since we have stayed at places like Grand Wailea and Fairmont Orchid. Aulani is the most Hawaiian resort I have stayed at in the islands of Hawaii. Disney knows how to create an “authentic” experience that the Hawaii resorts do not know how to do.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Panina,
What does a resale week cost these days in DVC? Just a rough guess if you would please.
Last time I looked $95 to $160 for each point in Orlando depending on which resort, that was a few months back. For example if you wanted a standard one bedroom in Saratoga for a week that would cost you between 164-304 points based on the week.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Last time I looked $95 to $160 for each point in Orlando depending on which resort, that was a few months back. For example if you wanted a standard one bedroom in Saratoga for a week that would cost you between 164-304 points based on the week.

Panina is reporting the buy in cost. MFs for 2019 at WDW/Orlando are about $7 a point on average. 2019 MFs are here: https://www.dvc resale market.com/blog/proposed-2019-disney-vacation-club-annual-dues/ so you can compute the cost to stay for a week in a villa depending on the size unit you rent.

Keep in mind that DVC is one of the few timeshares where you may breakeven or possibly even get an increase on your buy in costs. That is why I am not so concerned about how much I paid, other than the opportunity cost of money.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina,
What does a resale week cost these days in DVC? Just a rough guess if you would please.

Disney dont sell weeks (except for the few fixed they have sold) they mainly sell points and then you go book whatever type of room and view you want. You would also pay your annual dues according to the number of points you have.