• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeline for converting and access to use/rent points

catbro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott Vail
I have a legacy week I would like to convert to points for the first time, so I would appreciate advise on the timeline and process for points.

I have a Prime floating week that I have always reserved at my resort a full year before the usage date. For my 2020 usage week I would like to transfer my week for 3550 points and then rent the points.

My questions are as follows;

I understand the deadline for converting is Sept 1 2019. However, is it possible to convert the week to points before the deadline? Can I select points at the beginning of 2019 to effectively give me a longer window to rent the 2020 usage points?

When are the points deposited into my account and what is the timeline to be able to transfer 2020 points for use?

I assume these will be unrestricted points.

If I have difficulty renting the points can I bank them for 2021 rental?

I'm totally new to the point process so please let me know if there any tips or tricks I should be aware of. Thanks for the help.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can definately elect points before the 9/30 deadline.
Once you elect they go right into your account- you can elect and use them right away.
My account shows my 2020 week is available to elect points right now.
You must bank the points by 6/30 of the year they are for- ie 2019 points must be banked by 6/30/19.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I believe they make your week eligible for election to convert to points 25 months prior to the start of its Use Year. This allows you to elect for points, borrow those points back 1 year (12 months) and then make a reservation 13 months in advance of that if you so desire.

As an example, on Dec 1, 2017, you could elect your 2020 week for points, borrow those points back to use in calendar year 2019, and then on Dec 1, 2017 (same day you elected), book in the 13 month window for a ressie that starts on Jan 1, 2019. I believe that is the driving force behind how early they allow you to convert your week to points.

So as Pamplemousse said, you can certainly do it today, and pop them up for rent.

Last edited: