• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare map out of order? (FIXED)

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian discovered this a day or two ago. Haven't yet figured out what is causing it.

When do you think the "Timeshare maps" site will be restored for use?? This site is VERY helpful in planning for use of the timeshares located in Orlando and closeness to the parks!! Patrick

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im really not sure, ive sent an email off to the TUG member who designed it but have not yet heard back.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
If he's having trouble with the new Google maps changes, he can always try ARCGIS and their new 'earth' maps. I don't care for it, but apparently the programming is friendlier in some aspects for overlays. (I'm no expert and my advice is worth what I charge--zero)

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
im really not sure, ive sent an email off to the TUG member who designed it but have not yet heard back.

Brian - do you have anyone else that can have the google timeshare maps site restored??? It was such a useful site and so valuable as to other nearby resorts if you could not obtain a trade for the one that you most desired. Patrick

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I heard back from the person who developed it, she said she would take a look when she got some free time.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Brian, and the nice lady that just updated this google timeshare map. I very much appreciate all of the work involved. Patrick

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Brian, and the nice lady that just updated this google timeshare map. I very much appreciate all of the work involved. Patrick

Brian - Google timeshare maps site is down again. Please contact Carol about having the site restored; please thank her for me and for those of us that enjoy seeing the site location where the timeshare we are considering going to is located. THANK YOU! Patrick

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it hasnt actually been working since it was first reported, ive not heard back from Carol since my last post :(

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
it hasnt actually been working since it was first reported, ive not heard back from Carol since my last post :(
The site is now working and has been for the last few days. Please compliment Carol on all of her efforts to achieve that as it is very valuable to me with its satellite views in addition to the map. Patrick

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Thank you Carol, I love that map.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I was going to link to the map in another thread (timeshares near amtrak stations) but I can't get it to load. Any suggestions?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
still no changes (or word) from the person who originally designed it...so until she gets some free time its likely to stay unfunctional.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
So.... timeshare maps is currently working, but when you try to open it, it will detect that the scripts for the site are not secure (https) while the actual link is an https.

So, if the owner/maintainer of the site is listening.....help!

You can still use the site, you will just need to acknowledge the security warning and display the non-secure (mixed) content. This will be indicated in different ways on different browsers or security software prompts.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I see the screen, but it appears to be hung with "Maps Loading..." and "Resorts Loading..."

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's the way it has been for months.
Please ask Caroline very nicely to update the site as I considered this feature as one of the top three functions of the site!!! PPPPLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSE!!!! Patrick

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
looking at it further, it certainly does appear to have a problem with the secure encrypted connection...im not quite sure why.

it does however work as mentioned above if you bypass the security warning about "loading unsafe scripts" which lets your browser also load items on the page that DONT use https. doing this lets you click the buttons at the top and load all the pinpoints for the resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the break somehow coincide with upgrading the Tug2 side to HTTPS?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its fixed now...thanks for the tip that it was working if you bypassed the security warning!

just had to edit the code inside the file that was calling google maps thru a regular http:// url..instead of an https one.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
That's what I Thought might be the problem

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk