• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare resale process

seinfeld178

Reaction score
Hi - I am new to this website and a newbie to timeshares overall.

I have agreed to terms with a seller to buy a resale and have a copy of the contract. There is a broker involved in the transaction.

Can anyone point me to anywhere on the bulletin boards that describes what to do next before signing agreement? I couldn't find any details to help me. Thanks!

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I don't know if there is a one size fits all post on what to do next, as there are certainly different types of timeshares and therefore different considerations.

In any case, the contract spells out your responsibility as well as the sellers. So no matter what you read online, you need to review and understand what you are signing.

Some considerations

1) If it is ROFR (Right of First Refusal)- that is the next step that must pass. You may be asked to put a deposit down while waiting for ROFR.
2) You should have an estoppel that indicates EXACTLY what you are purchasing and fees, including past due, due and expected future. It should contain points, season and unit if it that type of timeshare.
3) If there is a deed, it is free and clear and if a title search has been done.
4) What is expected that you are paying, the price, and any fees for closing, broker, account set up fees, etc.
5) If it ain't written in the contract, don't expect it to happen. No matter what you agreed in email, in person or on the phone, the contract is what matters.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi - I am new to this website and a newbie to timeshares overall.

I have agreed to terms with a seller to buy a resale and have a copy of the contract. There is a broker involved in the transaction.

Can anyone point me to anywhere on the bulletin boards that describes what to do next before signing agreement? I couldn't find any details to help me. Thanks!

What are you buying? If it’s a system, there are individual forums here on Tug for most major systems and they will be able to answer most questions. They can also give a rough timeline to what will happen as well. As @tombanjo says above, the contract will tell you what your obligations are.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents