• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Top Things To Do And See For 6 Days in Yarmouth, Mass.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So, in a few weeks our exchange to the Cove at Yarmouth comes up. Need some suggestions as to what to see and do there and the surrounding area(s).

Also, suggestions for where to go for food shopping for the unit which has no stove or oven.

And, of course, a couple of restaurants for the one or two dinners we will eat out.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
The 99 restaurant on Rt 28 is good. So is Keltic Kitchen. We own a week at Holly Tree right up the street from you.
We are not going again until October 2019.
Have a great time!
Silentg

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to remember our trip. I know we spent one day in woods Hole and exploring that area. We drove to Provincetown and there were lots of interesting stops en route and national park there too, and do go in library and see all three floors. We spent a day in the Chatham area and went to the Marconi museum too, it was raining, and we spent a day in the sandwich area, there was an nteresting museum in the area and some times along the shoreline and marshes. I would love a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard. Anyhow I wrote two reviews on tug and detailed things we did.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
If you like Greek style pizza try the no frills George's Pizza in Harwich Port on the main street (don't ask for olives if you don't like the salty style ones). Chapin's restaurant off 6A in Dennis for dinner (our favorite place-great fish and chips). Kreme and Cone for a more casual fish & chips dinner. If you go to P-town there's the Pilgrim Monument and neighboring Provincetown Museum. A whale watch cruise can be interesting - I prefer the one out of Barnstable tho the P-town ones are quicker. If you like exercise the Cape Cod rail trail always makes for a nice walk. There is a train ride that I did quite some time ago, but I don't remember it being something I would do again. You might like watching a movie some evening at the Wellfleet Drive In.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Is a day trip to Newport, RI doable from there?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Newport it is probably doable but so limited in time available

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Does anyone know if at The Cove at Yarmouth if the mini fridge has any sort of freezer and how big it is?

This really throws me off not having a full kitchen. Big hassle.

e.bram

Reaction score
Dine at the Brazilian Grill in hyannis. Go weekday lunch, which cost about 1/2 compared to other times and just the same food.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if at The Cove at Yarmouth if the mini fridge has any sort of freezer and how big it is?

This really throws me off not having a full kitchen. Big hassle.

If you look at the Gallery pics on the resort website it shows the mini fridge - but it only has one door. So, I can only assume it must be the type that is the built in shelf, enough to put a couple ice cube trays in. You should call the resort to ask them exactly. It also looks like a Keurig coffee maker.

Good luck with meals.....I'm pretty sure you are driving, maybe you could bring an electric skillet with you or a hot plate?? There appears to be counter space for it.

9806417_orig.jpg

As for Newport, your looking at a 2 hour drive each way. Doable.....but a long day.

Sorry I can't help out with things to do in the area.....haven't spent much time on the cape. I have gone to Woods Hole, they have a tiny aquarium. Take a day trip to one of the islands (martha's vineyard or Nantucket). Plymouth MA is driveable, but not sure if worth it. That is all I got.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks, mdurette. I'll call the resort. Unfortunately, I no longer have an electric skillet. But I think I will definitely bring my electric tea pot because I absolutely hate microwave water for my tea (I am not a coffee drinker). I thought maybe this would not be allowed? (but who's going to know?).

We like to have our breakfasts in for the most part. I suppose we could nuke eggs in the microwave (ugh). A toaster is listed but I have to confirm with the resort. Cereal and oatmeal is fine for us.

Lunches should be easy (sandwiches, salad, etc.), but in terms of dinners- it will be challenging. Maybe the supermarkets will have some of those prepared meals I can just put in the microwave. We don't need to eat a gourmet meal every night. Have a couple of dinners out and the rest in this way. If there was at least a freezer we could get some frozen veggies and meals, but that ain't going to work in this set up. And there goes our after dinner frozen yogurt habit! LOL! It will be fine- just a few days. We honestly could stand to NOT eat dinner- have so much weight to lose. Ha! Ha!

Yeah-guess we will have to skip Newport. It is a 5.5 hour drive as it is to get to this resort (with no traffic) and we are already losing a day because hubby can't get the Friday check in day off, so we have to leave the next morning- so 1/2 of that day will also be gone. Going to try to leave at 5 am. Ugh.

Definitely will take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Expensive to take the car I saw on line. But I don't know that we wouldn't want to take our car on the ferry to get around once we are there. Have to check into this more.

What exactly is in Plymouth, Mass? A rock? Lol!

I heard there is live theater around there somewhere so will look onto that. Only been to the Cape once- when we were in our 20's! Went to Provincetown whale watching and to the Dunes/National seashore there. Stayed in a little motel. That's all I remember- and the traffic hell we had to endure on Labor Day weekend. Won't ever forget that! Never went back. Will be interesting this time around. Not the kind of vacation we are used to. But- we're game to it out again.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Plymouth.....a rock is about what I recall. They also have fishing charters and whale watching excursions, but you can most likely find that on the cape. There is also Plimoth Planation if you are into that kind of stuff. https://www.plimoth.org/

Another idea for meals....does the resort have grills for use? That would work with a can of veggies! Also, ask if the microwave has a convention oven option. That may work for something too.

Not sure when you are going by the Cape Cod Melody tent in Hyannis has a couple shows in Sept. Ziggy Marley on the 2nd and Jeff Dunham on the 7th. I think Jeff Dunham is hysterical!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a horrible stay in what was claimed as a one bedroom on cape cod. When we checked in, I asked for walk in clinic. I had horrible bronchitis and there was no way for my husband to get away as what separated the bed from the love seat which was three feet away was an accordion door that went acrosss the entire room. The kitchen was not as big as what you have pictured. Anyhow I didn’t realize it but they had some kind of kitchen facility at the end of the resort to use. Maybe they will have one there.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Take a day trip to Hyannis. Lots of shops and it’s there you can take the boat to Martha’s Vinyard. Are you going after Labor Day?
If so, the Cape will be less crowded and you will enjoy it more.
We have family and friends that live on the Cape, we usually visit with them, but we have gone off on our own taking drives to Chatham and Brewster. The drive inn at Welfleet, is a trip back in time. My brother and sister in law just spent two weeks in Wellfleet, also the National Sea Shore is Down that way. Nausette Beach is beautiful.
We are planning a trip to Cape Cod in October 2019. Let us know how your vacation goes and share some tips for us
Have Fun!
Silentg

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Take a day trip to Hyannis. Lots of shops and it’s there you can take the boat to Martha’s Vinyard. Are you going after Labor Day?
If so, the Cape will be less crowded and you will enjoy it more.
We have family and friends that live on the Cape, we usually visit with them, but we have gone off on our own taking drives to Chatham and Brewster. The drive inn at Welfleet, is a trip back in time. My brother and sister in law just spent two weeks in Wellfleet, also the National Sea Shore is Down that way. Nausette Beach is beautiful.
We are planning a trip to Cape Cod in October 2019. Let us know how your vacation goes and share some tips for us
Have Fun!
Silentg

Thanks. Yes- going on the 8th of Sept.

jl2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove At Yarmouth
Hello, I own week 26 at The Cove. Ask away.
In the room you will find a larger style dorm fridge, keurig machine, sink and toaster and all the utensils and plate, cups etc you need. What you can't find..ask for. There are gas grills and charcoal grills outside and all utensils can be borrowed from the sports center. I usually go up to GOL (brazillian grocery) to buy pre-marinated meats and sausages, rolls etc, and we eat a lot of BBQ for dinner during our week there in general. Sandwiches and leftovers for lunch, microwavable pizzas too. I also bring a pressure cooker and make (in 10- 35 minutes depending) things like lazy man's lasagna, tacos, stews, and shredded chicken sliders, but shhhhh you are not supposed to do that. I have kids, so that's how we typically roll with food. Unfortunately with Yarmouth they do not allow kitchens in these types of units. It's a town thing.
For the Keurig, we typically bring regular coffee, and I have the reusable pods we use from Dollar Tree. You can get 2 for a buck and whalla regular coffee. Not a big fans for the throwaways.

Brain Dump:
JFK Museum in Hyannis
Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory (free quick tour and free chips)
Hyannis itself is a very nice walkign town with lots of shops. Falmouth too!
Falmouth also has a small free aquarium you can walk through. My kids love it.
Ferries to both islands are available from Hyannis. Go see martha's Vineyard one day and Nantucket the next.
Chatham is a cute town. Go to the fish pier and see the seals.
Take a seal tour out to Monomoy from as close as Harwichport.
Take a duck tour in Hyannis. It's not as great as Boston, but fun.
See a show at the Cape Cod Melody Tent
Check out the national sea shore and it's beaches. All national sea shore beaches are free after 4PM when the guards go home. ;)
You can get half price beach passes for yarmouth beaches at the front desk of the Cove. Get em early. They do have a limited amount.
Hang out at our new outdoor pool with full bar, food, and live music in the evenings.
My favorite little breakfast place (really better for take out) is Bagels and Beyond just a few blocks down. They make their own bagels and they are delicious and inexpensive.
Keltic Kitchen is fantastic! There is always a line though so expect it.
The inflatable park and new water park are a big draw just down the road in Yarmouth.
Heritage Musuem and Gardens in Sandwich is beautiful. Check it out.
Cape Cod Musuem of Natural History is also nice. Great mudflat tours outside during low tide.
A day in province town is always a blast and a long drive.
Check out the wellfleet drive-in schedule for a show or if they are having a flea market that day.
Absolutely go on a whale watch from Hyannis, Provincetown or Plymouth if you have never been. Great trip!!
There are other bay tours out of hyannis too.
Pirate ship tour is fun for the kids
Oh, the Wydah pirate museum is in yarmouth too.
Captain Parkers restaurant is a nice fish restaurant in Yarmouth.
Ooh and one of my favorites Sesuit Harbor Cafe.- simple place on the water outdoor watching the ships coming in and out of the harbor. This one is a real locals type place.
Buds Go Carts in Harwich Port is fun and an institution. Bud is mid 80s and has owned this place forever.

There is probably more, but I have to go. Enjoy!!!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend from cape cod reported a man bitten by shark in Truro

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My friend from cape cod reported a man bitten by shark in Truro

No way am I going in that water! A shame because I love to be in water. I will just put my camp chair on the edge of the shoreline.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hello, I own week 26 at The Cove. Ask away.
In the room you will find a larger style dorm fridge, keurig machine, sink and toaster and all the utensils and plate, cups etc you need. What you can't find..ask for. There are gas grills and charcoal grills outside and all utensils can be borrowed from the sports center. I usually go up to GOL (brazillian grocery) to buy pre-marinated meats and sausages, rolls etc, and we eat a lot of BBQ for dinner during our week there in general. Sandwiches and leftovers for lunch, microwavable pizzas too. I also bring a pressure cooker and make (in 10- 35 minutes depending) things like lazy man's lasagna, tacos, stews, and shredded chicken sliders, but shhhhh you are not supposed to do that. I have kids, so that's how we typically roll with food. Unfortunately with Yarmouth they do not allow kitchens in these types of units. It's a town thing.
For the Keurig, we typically bring regular coffee, and I have the reusable pods we use from Dollar Tree. You can get 2 for a buck and whalla regular coffee. Not a big fans for the throwaways.

Brain Dump:
JFK Museum in Hyannis
Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory (free quick tour and free chips)
Hyannis itself is a very nice walkign town with lots of shops. Falmouth too!
Falmouth also has a small free aquarium you can walk through. My kids love it.
Ferries to both islands are available from Hyannis. Go see martha's Vineyard one day and Nantucket the next.
Chatham is a cute town. Go to the fish pier and see the seals.
Take a seal tour out to Monomoy from as close as Harwichport.
Take a duck tour in Hyannis. It's not as great as Boston, but fun.
See a show at the Cape Cod Melody Tent
Check out the national sea shore and it's beaches. All national sea shore beaches are free after 4PM when the guards go home. ;)
You can get half price beach passes for yarmouth beaches at the front desk of the Cove. Get em early. They do have a limited amount.
Hang out at our new outdoor pool with full bar, food, and live music in the evenings.
My favorite little breakfast place (really better for take out) is Bagels and Beyond just a few blocks down. They make their own bagels and they are delicious and inexpensive.
Keltic Kitchen is fantastic! There is always a line though so expect it.
The inflatable park and new water park are a big draw just down the road in Yarmouth.
Heritage Musuem and Gardens in Sandwich is beautiful. Check it out.
Cape Cod Musuem of Natural History is also nice. Great mudflat tours outside during low tide.
A day in province town is always a blast and a long drive.
Check out the wellfleet drive-in schedule for a show or if they are having a flea market that day.
Absolutely go on a whale watch from Hyannis, Provincetown or Plymouth if you have never been. Great trip!!
There are other bay tours out of hyannis too.
Pirate ship tour is fun for the kids
Oh, the Wydah pirate museum is in yarmouth too.
Captain Parkers restaurant is a nice fish restaurant in Yarmouth.
Ooh and one of my favorites Sesuit Harbor Cafe.- simple place on the water outdoor watching the ships coming in and out of the harbor. This one is a real locals type place.
Buds Go Carts in Harwich Port is fun and an institution. Bud is mid 80s and has owned this place forever.

There is probably more, but I have to go. Enjoy!!!

Wow! Thanks for all this information! Some really great ideas!

I am still unsure about how to take the ferries. Should we put our car on the ferries?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all this information! Some really great ideas!

I am still unsure about how to take the ferries. Should we put our car on the ferries?

If you are worried about the logistics or putting your car on the ferry - don't be. Super easy and they are well organized. You simply put your car in line and go on when they tell you. There are attendants on the ferry to tell you where to park and when you are about 1 inch from the bumper in front of you :)

As for the sharks - there have been a few recent reports of shark sightings off the coast and yesterday the man was bitten in the leg and torso. Today video surfaced of a great white shark just off shore in Ptown feasting on a seal. The waters are getting very warm around here and at the end of the day - the water is the sharks home....we are the guests. (hopefully not dinner guests!)

Personally - I'm not a fan of the water around here anyway and never go deep enough that I can't see my feet. It has nothing to do with sharks - its the crabs I try to avoid!

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
If you are worried about the logistics or putting your car on the ferry - don't be. Super easy and they are well organized. You simply put your car in line and go on when they tell you. There are attendants on the ferry to tell you where to park and when you are about 1 inch from the bumper in front of you :)

As for the sharks - there have been a few recent reports of shark sightings off the coast and yesterday the man was bitten in the leg and torso. Today video surfaced of a great white shark just off shore in Ptown feasting on a seal. The waters are getting very warm around here and at the end of the day - the water is the sharks home....we are the guests. (hopefully not dinner guests!)

Personally - I'm not a fan of the water around here anyway and never go deep enough that I can't see my feet. It has nothing to do with sharks - its the crabs I try to avoid!

LOL! No- not worried about putting the car on the ferry at all. We take ferries all the time going to VT from NY.

The Cape one is just very expensive. I read somewhere that it is cheaper to just hop on the ferry and then rent a car when you get to Martha's Vineyard. Not sure how that works. Or- is it necessary to even have a car on Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard? That is what I am asking..If it is better to take the car, then we will so so.

When I was a kid I always went into the ocean and never thought twice about it (in NY, NJ and Connect)- just was always on the lookout for jelly fish. In Hawaii- I snorkeled away and of course, the Caribbean- love the water there!

But not familiar with the waters off the Cape except I am always hearing about sharks- especially great whites- and how cold the water is. That's enough to keep me away. And- yeah- crabs- no thanks! LOL! I guess I will be in the pool a lot!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid I always went into the ocean and never thought twice about it (in NY, NJ and Connect)- just was always on the lookout for jelly fish. In Hawaii- I snorkeled away and of course, the Caribbean- love the water there!

But not familiar with the waters off the Cape except I am always hearing about sharks- especially great whites- and how cold the water is. That's enough to keep me away. And- yeah- crabs- no thanks! LOL! I guess I will be in the pool a lot!

Where is that sense of adventure. You are probably in much more danger getting to the beach than in the water. The only real worry is shore break and big surf if you cannot handle it. It is interesting that what we can see we do not worry about, but those things we cann't scare the crap out of us.

Are their any good grocery stores with meal carry outs. That seems to be our dinner of last resort when time and amount of effort become a problem.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Where is that sense of adventure. You are probably in much more danger getting to the beach than in the water. The only real worry is shore break and big surf if you cannot handle it. It is interesting that what we can see we do not worry about, but those things we cann't scare the crap out of us.

Are their any good grocery stores with meal carry outs. That seems to be our dinner of last resort when time and amount of effort become a problem.

LOL! True! Driving on cape Cod and Maine can be a nightmare.

I have to "feel" things out. I like adventure- but not danger- two different animals in my book.

Yeah- we will probably just get a few carry out meals from a grocery store and eat the rest of the dinners out. Also- will have a few lunches out as well while sightseeing on some long days. It's really only a short week so we will be ok. There is a Shaws and a Stop and Shop nearby I read.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL! True! Driving on cape Cod and Maine can be a nightmare.

I have to "feel" things out. I like adventure- but not danger- two different animals in my book.

Yeah- we will probably just get a few carry out meals from a grocery store and eat the rest of the dinners out. Also- will have a few lunches out as well while sightseeing on some long days. It's really only a short week so we will be ok. There is a Shaws and a Stop and Shop nearby I read.

We are currently on the outer banks with a full kitchen and a Harris Teeter basically in our parking lot. I will be taking food home we planned for dinner. It is a shame HT doesn't move north. With fried chicken and subs cheap on Friday, racks of ribs on Sat, and Rotisserie chicken on sun for less than I can buy the ingredients it is too easy.