• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Total Eclipse of the Sun across the USA August 21, 2017! Where will you be?

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Stages of a Total Eclipse
By Fred Espenak and Mark Littmann in Astronomy Essentials/ Human World/ EarthSky/ earthsky.org

"The August 21 total eclipse will last several hours. There will be many interesting things to look for. Bookmark this handy checklist of must-see events and effects, from eclipse gurus Fred Espenak and Mark Littmann.

In the following excerpt from Totality – The Great America Eclipses of 2017 and 2024 – by Mark Littmann and me, Fred Espenak – we provide a handy checklist that will help you keep track of what to see, and when to look, for each of these must-see events and effects. You might even want to print this page as a handy reference for eclipse day, August 21, 2017...."

ecipse-solar-diamond-ring-effect-Fred-Espenak-e1501802050442.jpg

As totality ends, the sun begins to emerge from behind the moon, producing the dazzling diamond ring effect. Copyright 2016 by Fred Espenak.

Richard

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you can open this, but it's for the Bonneville, county (Idaho Falls) office of preparedness - or whatever it's called, addressing preparations for hundreds of thousands of visitors coming to see totality.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=1594937983861845&id=100000369752942&set=a.347970125225310.82172.100000369752942&source=48&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6450872847691532179:mf_story_key.5216473874048628980:top_level_post_id.10155344135850289&__tn__=EHH-R

WOW.... This is incredible.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah! See how lucky you are living there.
Duck and Cover. Hmm. I dunno. Just seems the county folks are taking this a bit too far. Yes I am sure there are going to be plenty of crowds. OK I will have plenty of gas in the tank. Check. Most Idaho folk I know have enough food on hand to last for years anyway.

What's the point of having a full tank of gas if there will be ton's of traffic anyway?

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
We live in the zone in Oregon. I plan on stepping outside and gawking at it. We are going to Cancun on the 23rd and when I first heard about it I thought we were going to miss it. I'm very glad we arent.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We live in the zone in Oregon. I plan on stepping outside and gawking at it. We are going to Cancun on the 23rd and when I first heard about it I thought we were going to miss it. I'm very glad we arent.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Don't forget to wear your safety glasses.

Enjoy the eclipse safely.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Solar Eclipse By Zip Code: Find Out If You Live in the Path
By Doyle Rice/ USA Today/ Tech/ Science/ usatoday.com

"The total solar eclipse will begin in Oregon on the morning of Aug. 21 and move across the nation before ending in South Carolina by mid-afternoon.

Portions of 14 states are in the path of totality of the eclipse, when the sun is completely covered by the moon. Totality begins in Oregon at 10:16 a.m. PDT.

Over the next hour and a half, it will cross through Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. The total eclipse will end near Charleston at 2:48 p.m. EDT.

Everyone else in North America will be able to view a partial eclipse, when only part of the sun is covered by the moon.

To find out whether you'll need to drive to the eclipse or just step outside your house, use this interactive map that shows whether you are in the path...."

Richard

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Don't forget to wear your safety glasses.

Enjoy the eclipse safely.

Richard
We have them ready, but appreciate the reminder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where to Buy Your Eclipse Glasses Before the Total Solar Eclipse on August 21
By Molly Sequin/ Mashable/ Yahoo!News/ yahoo.com

"Ever since you were a kid, your parents probably told you not to look directly at the sun. The only issue with that is that if you want to watch the upcoming total solar eclipse on August 21, you kind of need to stare straight in our closest star's direction.

Luckily, there are literally dozens of eclipse glasses you can use to protect your eyes from the sun's strong rays. But knowing which ones to buy, whether they'll actually protect your eyes, and where to buy them can get a little murky.

If you're itching to watch the eclipse, but don't know where to begin looking for the right pair of protective glasses, we've got you covered...."

Richard