• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Toughest Internal Trades

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
During a conversation I had over the weekend with a rep from HRC Owner Services, I asked her which properties are the toughest to get into via internal trade using HRC points. She's been on the job for 14 years, so her thoughts carry some weight. Here are the toughest trades, in order (based on her experience):
  1. Siesta Key. A fantastic resort with a small supply of units, extremely popular with its owners, and rarely given up or traded.
  2. Ka'anapali Beach. The only Hyatt property in Hawaii, a beautiful property with great beach access, and with a supply that is about to be further limited pending the result of the vote on whether 33 units will be sold as Floating Weeks, making it even tougher for other HRC owners to trade in.
  3. Aspen. Another beautiful property with limited number of units and very high demand. Impossible to trade into during ski season, but better chances during the summer and fall months.
  4. Highlands Inn. One of only two California properties and the only one near the ocean on the West Coast. Beautiful property in high demand in one of the most desirable vacation destinations in America. Best chance to trade in is during late fall and winter.
  5. Northstar. The other California location, with very limited number of units. The workaround on this one is trade back through Interval to the Welk side of the property. Same units, same amenities, different ownership.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We have gotten into all of these so even though it is not easy it can be done. All except Hawaii we found from the Hyatt site.Hawaii was from wait list
Once the Portfolio program starts though I except it to get more difficult at all the resorts.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Ive traded into studio units during ski season (Jan and Feb) in Aspen twice.

And I've traded into Carmel many times in Feb, March, Apr, and June. March is actually my favorite time to visit- very green and lush.

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
We traded into Aspen and Highlands, both in June(yrs. apart) and was not on a wait list for either.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
IMG_2196.JPG
I hope Pinion Pointe is an easy trade, this is our first trip to Sedona but we will definitely be back, maybe even annually!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
View attachment 4769 I hope Pinion Pointe is an easy trade, this is our first trip to Sedona but we will definitely be back, maybe even annually!!
Glad you enjoyed it! We go every yr as well at least for 4 days. It is a fairly easy one to get into, at least it has been in the past

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Glad you enjoyed it! We go every yr as well at least for 4 days. It is a fairly easy one to get into, at least it has been in the past
First time to Arizona, what a beautiful state! In the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
First time to Arizona, what a beautiful state! In the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back!"
Glad you loved it, dagger. We feel so privileged to own at Pinon Pointe. Sedona is an amazing place, and the hiking is second to none. Now if I can just figure out how to align my heart chakra...o_O

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hahaha
Glad you loved it, dagger. We feel so privileged to own at Pinon Pointe. Sedona is an amazing place, and the hiking is second to none. Now if I can just figure out how to align my heart chakra...o_O
I knew you own and love Pinion Pointe, now I know why... Good luck with your "chakra"!!!!

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have gotten into all of these so even though it is not easy it can be done. All except Hawaii we found from the Hyatt site.Hawaii was from wait list
Once the Portfolio program starts though I except it to get more difficult at all the resorts.

Just out of curiosity, how many nights did you stay in Siesta Key? Was it more than 2 or 3?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just out of curiosity, how many nights did you stay in Siesta Key? Was it more than 2 or 3?
We did a 4 day midweek stay though later the 3 day weekend attached showed up, we just didn't have the extra time off