• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tourists Frustrated As Eiffel Tower Closes in Peak Season

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Tourists Frustrated As Eiffel Tower Closes in Peak Season
By the Associated Press/ Business/ Miami Herald/ miamiherald.com

PARIS

"The August sun sparkles on the Seine River beyond the imposing Eiffel Tower.

But the many visitors who descended on the beloved Paris monument Thursday at the peak of the summer tourist season had their hopes of climbing it thwarted.

Since Wednesday, Eiffel Tower workers have been on strike over the landmark's new visitor access policy, which they say is responsible for inordinately long queues.

Yet for many visitors whose stay is limited, long queues are better than no access at all.

German tourist Nico Schulze Bilk, who had planned his visit to Paris eight months ago, voiced frustration.

"This is my first time in Paris and I was really excited to see the Eiffel Tower and ... the city from the top, but now it is closed," he said. "I'm a little bit disappointed."

Caroline Brawand, who was visiting with her family from Switzerland, had planned to share the magical view with her daughter for the first time.

"We are very let down, because we booked one month in advance to go up to the last floor of the Eiffel Tower," she said. "At the same time we understand the employees who explained to us the state of the queues."....."

France_Eiffel_Tower_68249.jpg

Tourists walk past the Eiffel Tower, Thursday, Aug. 2, 2018 in Paris. The visitors descending on the Eiffel Tower at the peak of the August tourist season are voicing frustration that the beloved Paris monument is closed. Since Wednesday, Eiffel Tower workers have been on strike over the new visitor access policy, which they say is responsible for inordinately long queues.(AP Photo/Michel Euler) Michel Euler AP

Richard

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for sharing this article. We will be in Paris next Monday. Fortunately, we have already climbed the stairs of the Eiffel Tower and then taken the elevator to the top deck, so we probably weren't going to do it again this trip. Still, that's disappointing for visitors who have never enjoyed that experience.

Best regards.

Mike

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Climbing the Eiffel Tower is a must tourist attraction thing to do, for any visit to Paris IMHO.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hope they settle this before October/November. Hoping to go up, last time I missed because I was sick.
So beautiful!
Silentg

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to Paris at least a dozen times, sometimes for weeks at a time but I have never gone to the Eiffel Tower. And I have no interest in doing so. There are so many places to visit in Paris that are more worthy of my time. And there are many great views of the city to be had if one takes the time to seek them out.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
FYI, that photo is totally bogus. There is no grass/water underneath the Eiffel Tower.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
FYI, that photo is totally bogus. There is no grass/water underneath the Eiffel Tower.

Indeed.
We took the elevator to the top. It was a white-knuckle ride.
The wind made it sway and with glass sides, it was very exposed.