• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trader Joe's Appetizers That Come to the Rescue at Every Party

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Trader Joe's Appetizers That Come to the Rescue at Every Party
By Mary Shannon Wells/ Food/ Appetizers/ Southern Living/ southernliving.com

"Bite-sized beauty.

Trader Joe’s is one of the most popular grocery stores in the country. Products like the brand’s Mandarin Orange Chicken and “Two Buck Chuck” have reached cult status among shoppers. Even living near one can raise the value of your home. The grocery store with staff dressed in Hawaiian shirts and quirky product names is addicting for its low prices but high quality items. If you’ve never tried a Trader Joe’s appetizer, you’re missing out. From frozen-aisle stars like Spanakopita to dips like Corn and Tomato-Less Salsa, there are Trader Joe’s appetizers for every taste. Whether you want to forget about calories with decadent Mac and Cheese Bites or keep it on the light side with Vegetable Bird’s Nests, these are the best Trader Joe’s appetizers for any occasion. Keep Trader Joe’s frozen appetizers stocked in the freezer for last-minute gatherings or lazy dinners. These apps will save you time and money, and you’ll want to buy them again and again....."

Pinterest/POPSUGAR/Nicole Perry

Richard

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We often buy the "mushroom pillows". Don't know what their real name is, but you just pop the little horse dovers in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they are done. Our entire family likes them. The tiny "quickies" (quiche) are great too.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Ok, now I'm hungry.

Those chocolate nuts and bark they have are addicting.
Wish I had one close by....

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to make a run to Trader Joe's after church. You guy's make me hungry.
I need something to watch Little League Baseball games on television.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So many good munchies there. I'm hopelessly addicted to the peanut butter stuffed pretzels, and Dunkers cookies with my coffee. Might be time for a TJ's run in the next day or two.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I love Trader Joes and have many favorites there but the one I truly appreciate is the greek "Tzataki" sauce. It gives chicken so much flavor without adding a lot of extra calories. My mock chicken gyros are a game changer.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I love their blue corn tortilla chips with their medium salsa. I'm also addicted to their popcorn. And their wine.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Did somebody say Kringle and Mandarin Orange Chicken?
pumpkin%2Bdanish%2Bkringle%2B%25284%2Bof%2B7%2529.jpg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Also, the Hot and Sweet Pepper Jelly over the cream cheese. Time to make another trip to TJ's.

Did TJ bring that back? We bought it for years then they stopped carrying it. We had to switch to Mazetti's pepper jelly, but haven't made the appetizer in several years since we discovered the corn salsa version.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did TJ bring that back? We bought it for years then they stopped carrying it. We had to switch to Mazetti's pepper jelly, but haven't made the appetizer in several years since we discovered the corn salsa version.

I always find it at the TJ in Huntington Beach.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can somebody explain this cream cheese dip. Do you literally place the brick on a plate and add the salsa/jelly? No mixing? And what do you serve it with?

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Key lime pie - in the freezer section seasonally!

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes think that's right :) Serve with tortilla chips

Can somebody explain this cream cheese dip. Do you literally place the brick on a plate and add the salsa/jelly? No mixing? And what do you serve it with?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

Yep, cream cheese brick on plate, dump corn salsa or pepper jelly on top. We use water crackers with the jelly and tortilla chips with the crackers. I usually drain the salsa a bit so less liquid is on the serving plate to start, and it is good to get the cheese out 30 minutes or so early before dumping jelly/salsa on top so that it is soft enough to dip into. And I have a small knife that I put with it for folks who would rather spread than dip if I am using crackers.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I love Trader Joes and have many favorites there but the one I truly appreciate is the greek "Tzataki" sauce. It gives chicken so much flavor without adding a lot of extra calories. My mock chicken gyros are a game changer.
I agree, they have the best Tzataki sauce.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Also, the Hot and Sweet Pepper Jelly over the cream cheese. Time to make another trip to TJ's.
I blend with my mixer the Sweet Pepper Jelly and the cream cheese and let it sit in the fridge overnight and serve the next day with tortilla chips...

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costco used to sell a raspberry Chipotle sauce that we served over cream cheese in a similar manner. Not sure if they still have it.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
yeah the Costco Ras/Chipotle was very good. Walmart now has two or three jellies (in the jelly section) that are pepper/fruit Rasp/Chipotle and Hab/pineapple I think.....they work for glaze or dip, just need to thin.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Trader Joe’s has those little fruit tarts. Also the mini pigs in blanket. Also love their Cranberry Sauce.
And candy too!

JoeWilly

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'd love the reciepe for the mock chicken gyros. Please share. Thanks in advance.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club