• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Transferring contacts from android to iphone

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
i have been unsuccessful because,
Cannot find an app that works on both phones
Cannot get my cloud password right

Do not want to do them all by hand.
I know it says SIM card would work, but I am not sure that they are same size

Don't have a transfer cord

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to do the 'lost password' thing anyway. That's where I'd start.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Verizon cloud isn't giving me that option, is there a way to force it

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Synch contacts to your Google (Gmail) acct then on the iPhone sign in to your Google acct and synch there

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did synchronize to google, but it is mostly emails

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
You have to change settings to allow it to synch contacts. I guess they don't do that by default

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Synch contacts to your Google (Gmail) acct then on the iPhone sign in to your Google acct and synch there
This definitely works. You may have to fiddle with settings, but you can verify that all your contact information is sync'd to Google by looking at your Google contacts on your computer. Then you can add the Google account on your iPhone and everything will be there.

Kurt

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the gmail account info is there, but most don't have phone numbers. Plus they seem to be in another spot.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i just looked, I have hundreds of contacts but they are all emails, and they are people I don't want on my phone, people who are in group emails for example

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you in the Contacts area of your Google account. Doesn't sound like it. Mine looks virtually identical to how I see it on my Android.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I go to phone, and then press contacts, I have my entire gmail contacts. These are email addresses, not phone numbers

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
On your Android device, go into Settings. Then go to Accounts. Select Google. You should then see everything you have enabled to sync to your Google account. It appears as though you might have Gmail selected to sync, but not Contacts.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sync contacts is checked on google. If I unchecked it would it remove all my emails from the phone

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We called Verizon store to see if they could transfer from android to iPhone with cord. They said yes, so we drove over. The clerk tried to tell me it couldn't be done. He went on and on how elderly don't understand that this is a computer not a phone. Someone needs to teach me how to use it.yada yada yada, he couldn't find a cord. He explained to me the cord end has to fit in the phone, oh what news. Then he called his boss who said he would walk him through it and I would have to pay forty dollars. I decided not to do it there.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
What phone? What version of Android?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I transferred most of them when I finally found an ap that worked on both phones. Now I am getting rid of emails that are in my phone,.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The AT&T store did it for me quite easily, they have a machine with all the different cables. My son got a new Sansung and I took over his iPhone 6. They moved his to the new phone and mine to the iphone. No charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AT&T store did it for me quite easily, they have a machine with all the different cables. My son got a new Sansung and I took over his iPhone 6. They moved his to the new phone and mine to the iphone. No charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Doesn't make Verizon look good at all

jamksers

Reaction score
Thanks , Connect the two devices using a USB cable on computer ,and then the transfer program can begin.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks , Connect the two devices using a USB cable on computer ,and then the transfer program can begin.
That is what I went to the Verizon store to do. That is what they wanted forty dollars to do and the boss was going to have to talk the clerk through it. But I downloaded contact transfer on both phones and did it quickly for free.