• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel Package Certificate- Extensions?

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I just called again and was told unequivocally that you cannot upgrade either at the time of the conversion or at a later date. She actually said that the representatives who do it can lose their jobs!
I think it is how it is asked. Most people with success are asking to convert an old package XYZ Code to new package Code XYZ. You sort of need to talk in the codes that are listed in the Wiki of the Flyer Talk thread. They are not just asking to upgrade from a Cat 5 to a Cat 6.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Falls under the category of interesting. I have an 25000 point certificate from my Marriott's Credit Card that expires on the Feb 22. If it must be used tonight I was going to make a local reservation to get the night credit. If it can be used on the 22nd so I could stay over fro the 22nd to the 23rd, I was going to either make a reservation for one of my son's to use or again book something just for the night credit. I called reservations to find out if it has to be used tonight or can I use it tomorrow. The reservation person read the terms and it was unclear. I was put on hold so she could speak with her supervisor. Neither one could find a definitive answer so said they would give me a one time extension to it could be definitively be used tomorrow. When I asked if this would be contained in my account record in case there is a problem and I was told no. The certificate was cancelled and a new one issued. This extended the expiration by one year. My account now reads

Cut and Paste Premier Visa Anniv. 1 Free Nt up to 25,000 Points Expires: 02/21/2020.

The interesting part, the supervisor had the discretion to extend it.

Last edited: