• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble with Interval E-retrade

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I had a week on Kona but have been looking for other options and this morning a week on Oahu with the perfect dates popped up. When I tried to do the retrade, I got to the membership upgrade screen and when I selected no....the continue button greyed out and would not let me continue. So the week went into never-never land but fortunately popped up again. I tried using a different browser and the same result. My only option was to accept the 1 year platinum for $139 and then I was able to complete.

I have sent an email to customer service asking that they refund but will dispute on my credit card if I have to. Hopefully, they won't be difficult about it.

Anyone else having problems?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
So I had a week on Kona but have been looking for other options and this morning a week on Oahu with the perfect dates popped up. When I tried to do the retrade, I got to the membership upgrade screen and when I selected no....the continue button greyed out and would not let me continue. So the week went into never-never land but fortunately popped up again. I tried using a different browser and the same result. My only option was to accept the 1 year platinum for $139 and then I was able to complete.

I have sent an email to customer service asking that they refund but will dispute on my credit card if I have to. Hopefully, they won't be difficult about it.

Anyone else having problems?
I just did an eplus retrade yesterday with no problems. I went almost all the way through another retrade just now (up to the confirmation button) and I never got a membership upgrade screen. When does your membership expire? Did you already do a size upgrade using a platinum membership price, but your plat membership expires before this trade? (Although that seems like it shouldn't trigger anything at this point). I would contact the TUG II rep, Make Delcampo about this.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm no expert, but if your membership expires before the date of the exchange, I don't think it'll let you confirm it. I think you need to extend your membership to cover the date of the travel. RCI works the same way. ?

Dave

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No my membership goes through July and this is for April so it is not that. No size upgrade...using a 3 bedroom to exchange to a 1 bedroom. Here is what was charged:

Thank you for renewing your Interval membership.

Interval Platinum membership renewal for 1 year: USD139.00
Interval Platinum membership promotional discount: null0.00

Your grand total for all fees above is USD139.00.

My current membership is a standard membership so I thought this was an upgrade?

Katherine...Do you have the contact for Mark?

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but if your membership expires before the date of the exchange, I don't think it'll let you confirm it. I think you need to extend your membership to cover the date of the travel. RCI works the same way. ?

Dave

I panicked for a moment Dave and thought...Did I reserve 2020 instead of 2019...wheww It is for 2019. I booked the wrong day for our return on an Alaskan companion fare and I could change it but it would take 3-5 days to get the certificate back and I was afraid that fares would go up.... That's the way my day has been...we are coming back a day early....sigh