• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG joins priceline.com affiliate program!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
So we were recently accepted into the priceline.com affiliate program meaning we can now put priceline links to air/rental car promos and discounts on TUG pages!

We know tons of TUG members and visitors to the forums use many websites to compare airline tickets, rental cars as well as Cruise Vacations!

For those of you that do if you perform those searches thru the TUG links that will begin appearing on pages...you also support TUG in the process!

here are two links you can use to search both air/car rentals for your next vacation, and we would love to hear feedback from you on how it worked compared to other discount travel price sites!

Priceline.com Air Travel TUG affiliate link < click

Priceline.com Car Rentals TUG affiliate link <click

Priceline.com Cruise Vacation TUG affiliate link <click

Priceline.com Hotel TUG Affiliate Link < Click

note that these links take you to the priceline.com main pages for searching air/car rentals, but provide a tracking link so that any purchase or confirmations are contributed to TUG and thus we get a % of whatever you book!

For those of you already making travel arrangements, we certainly hope you will use these links if you are a regular priceline.com browser!

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Will do. Can you place this as a sticky so we easily can find the links?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
done

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added link for cruise searches as well!

Coach Boon

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seacrest Surf and Racquet ClubHilton Head
Nice to see that TUG can get a % off the booking.
I do have a question as I've never used Priceline. I'm familiar with how it works especially in regards to blind booking hotels which is the reason I don't use them. How is their service if you book through them? There are often problems in using OTA's and their ability to service a problem like the booking was never done or the room has been switched. I'd hate to think I'd be standing on the pier watching my warm weather escape sail on or worse, pay high last minute re-booking the cruise. If this question should be posted elsewhere let me know. Thanks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no problem posting it here, sadly I dont have a good answer for you for that particular question!

we didnt want to promote the hotel side as it would conflict with rental ads posted in the marketplace so we just stuck with car/air/cruise links.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no problem posting it here, sadly I dont have a good answer for you for that particular question!

we didnt want to promote the hotel side as it would conflict with rental ads posted in the marketplace so we just stuck with car/air/cruise links.
I do not think a hotel link to priceline would have been a problem. Many times a rental is not available in the marketplace that one wants so they then search for hotels.

I use price line and would preferred to go thru Tug for hotels. Maybe you can put a hotel link in the sticky for us to use if we choose.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
added link to hotel side.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I used the TUG hotel link to Priceline today and used the express deal option and got Doubletree Hilton. I paid, total with taxes and fees, $105.97 versus $221.31 if I directly used the Hilton Honors site with an additional discount I would have received for AAA.

I saved $115.34 and TUG got credit. I have used the Priceline Express deal many times in the past with great savings and now I am happy I can go thru TUG.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, perhaps it takes a bit to show up as a conversion but todays report doesnt show anything for us.

will wait to see tomorrow, but thanks for thinking of us either way! =)

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
interesting, perhaps it takes a bit to show up as a conversion but todays report doesnt show anything for us.

will wait to see tomorrow, but thanks for thinking of us either way! =)
Just did it at 9:40 pm.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ok...thats probably not unreasonable to assume that isnt going to show up in 60min in a report...ill look tomorrow =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wanted to update and report that it did show up after 24 hours! thanks again (and for the other folks who have started to book thru the links!)

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
Do we still get FF miles when booking on air on Priceline ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I did a double check - first looking at the Priceline, then directly with the airline. It was $200 CHEAPER going directly to the airline site. Priceline is NOT a good deal

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did a double check - first looking at the Priceline, then directly with the airline. It was $200 CHEAPER going directly to the airline site. Priceline is NOT a good deal
It depends...
I've used Priceline for many years. Many great hotels. Recently, car rentals have been less on Price line then direct with Hertz or others.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It depends...
I've used Priceline for many years. Many great hotels. Recently, car rentals have been less on Price line then direct with Hertz or others.
I almost always use Priceline for rental cars.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure you can use a single instance of a single flight and route to judge an entire website and how good of a deal it is. There are thousands of transactions done a day on Priceline.

jarnson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Not sure you can use a single instance of a single flight and route to judge an entire website and how good of a deal it is. There are thousands of transactions done a day on Priceline.
i guess it's a case of "do your homework!!"