• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUG Lifetime member?

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is a lifetime member?

What does it mean?

How is it obtained?

Just saw the label for the first time (maybe I hadn't been paying attention these few years-LOL)

Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a perk for administrators, moderators, those who've contributed significantly to TUG (It's a volunteer organization). Since there is no pay, lifetime membership is the perk.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It can also be earned by regular members who refer 10 or more other members to TUG.

it does come with one significant perk (other than the super snazzy forum title)...lifetime members never have to pay for TUG again and are members forever for free!

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for that info :) Learn something new every day.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It can also be earned by regular members who refer 10 or more other members to TUG.

it does come with one significant perk (other than the super snazzy forum title)...lifetime members never have to pay for TUG again and are members forever for free!
I keep asking people to join, but apparently they don't use me as a reference. C'est la vie.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note you can also use submitted reviews for credit on membership extensions in lieu of submitting a payment to renew!

although i show you are good thru 2020! =)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
note you can also use submitted reviews for credit on membership extensions in lieu of submitting a payment to renew!

A great perk for tug members. An easy way for me to get free membership renewal. Thank you!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or a lifetime, whichever comes first. . . . :)

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3

How does does reviews for credit work?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
pretty much any review submitted that is an actual review and not simply "great resort, would return again!" would earn a 2mo extension.

reviews for resorts that have not had a previous review in the last 6months would earn a 6month membership extension.

to renew your membership with reviews, just reply to any TUG renewal email and request this...we take care of the rest for you!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, is six months extension automatic for a resort review that has not been reviewed. I have submitted so many of those, I should be set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Brian, is six months extension automatic for a resort review that has not been reviewed. I have submitted so many of those, I should be set.

It isn't automatic. When your membership comes up for renewal, you just need to ask to use your review credits for the renewal and they will only extend your membership another 12 months. Though if you have lots, when in 12 months your membership comes up for renewal again, just use the additional credits to extend again.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
No I mean if I review a resort that hasn't been reviewed in more than six months do I automatically get six months credit or do you apply certain standards. I remember doing several and being told they were not thorough enough though they were two pages or so.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No I mean if I review a resort that hasn't been reviewed in more than six months do I automatically get six months credit or do you apply certain standards. I remember doing several and being told they were not thorough enough though they were two pages or so.

Got it. I remember reading a while back that the review credit for those that had a review award available did require a certain level of thoroughness, but I don't know the qualifications. Brian will have to answer that one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note that reviews can also be cashed in for free ad credits as well for those who post lots of ads and go thru the free ones.

there is no firm rule for the 6mo extension, and unless your review is nothing more than "my family and I had a great vacation at this resort, we would return again" or something similar...it would earn the 6mo extension.

if not, we would shoot you an email and ask you to expand on it a bit if you wanted!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wow, I've been a member for a long, long time and I never knew about this.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is there any way to know how many people we've referred have joined, and used us as the reference? I've sent a lot of people to Tug, but have no idea if any of them have ever joined.

Dave

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Is there any way to know how many people we've referred have joined, and used us as the reference? I've sent a lot of people to Tug, but have no idea if any of them have ever joined.

Dave

Exactly. Add me to that list of uncertainty...

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I have two referrals and I got an email that told me when someone joined and used me as a referral. I think there is a way to check also but I don’t remember.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Some deceased TUG participants are still listed as Lifetime Members even though they are no longer with us, so clearly Lifetime Membership is more like Eternal Life Membership.

More power to them.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Some deceased TUG participants are still listed as Lifetime Members even though they are no longer with us, so clearly Lifetime Membership is more like Eternal Life Membership.

More power to them.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

What, you've never heard of cloud storage? LOL! :)

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Dave
You should get an email when a referral has signed up. At least that was my experience one time with a referral. Of course you would still have to keep track of those emails. Mine isn't hard because I remember only getting one email.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You should get an email when a referral has signed up. At least that was my experience one time with a referral. Of course you would still have to keep track of those emails. Mine isn't hard because I remember only getting one email.

Recently, I helped a friend join tug using my laptop. She actually joined and paid using her credit card. I watched and helped her through the process. I helped her place her first add.

I didn't receive any notification of her, or anyone I ever referred to Tug which I am certain is more than a crap load.

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Recently, I helped a friend join tug using my laptop. She actually joined and paid using her credit card. I watched and helped her through the process. I helped her place her first add.

I didn't receive any notification of her, or anyone I ever referred to Tug which I am certain is more than a crap load.

Bill
I don't think there is actually a field that asks for referral information when you sign up. I went through the process and it looks like there may be a "Comments/More Information" box. Did you enter your name in there as a referral? I really don't know how else the referral would be identified. Hopefully @TUGBrian can confirm?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I do see this page, but that's to invite someone to join. Not sure how someone can join Tug on their own, and refer someone else as the Tugger who "sent" them.

https://tug2.com/referafriend/

And as someone who has never received an email, again, how would I know if I was named as the referring Tugger? (And ultimately, how many of those ten elusive memberships do I have credit toward?)

Dave